Ratings for Dr. Pierre Tessier

I saw him for a while until he left the Royal Ottawa. He was very careful handling a sensitive medication transition for me. He also listened to me when I requested a specific medication. Prescribed me something that didn't work. Missed something he should have caught. I say he is an decent doctor. He is obviously smart, thoughtful and he listens. He is definitely not incompetent like some other doctors I've had.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Saw him twice within a month, gave me a prescription for antidepressants and clonazapam the first visit, ....3 weeks later didn't know who I was, asked what patient number I was to a worker.....second time seeing him said he didn't give me a prescription for antidepressants or clonazepam, had the meds. in their bottles with me, showed him which set him off into a fury.....the guy needs to be retired, he is of no use to people who require help. He doesn't listen, he decides he will hear what he wants to hear.......he's in dire need of a shrink! We definitely need a qualified psychiatrist here in the north and you can bet it's NOT Tessier.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I habe been seeing him for a long time. He saved my life. I just find out that he retired. I am happy for him for very sad for the patients. He is an excellent doctor

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

What can I say- Dr. Tessier saved my life. His approach is very refreshing- he listens, he respects my opinions, and he's very easy to talk to. He is never dismissive about side effects, and takes the time to explain how certain medication changes may affect things. He is very current on psychiatric practice, drug trials, etc. Best of all, whatever is going on in my life at the time, I always walk out of his office with a new, refreshing insight. I will forever be grateful to him- thank you Dr. Tessier, you are exemplary :)

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Dr. Tessier is a refreshing change for me compared to other pdocs. My disorder is purely a physical problem and he does not attempt to counsel me - thank goodness. He treats me with medication - which is what is actually required. He listens to my requests and concerns regarding medication and gives my opinion a lot of respect. Since I educate myself about my disorder and medications regularly, I find it insulting if doctors don't at least acknowledge that I am not a complete idiot or unknowledgeable. I feel like I have control over the changes that are made and when I have questions, they are always answered. He has told me himself that he thinks it's important that I understand and can control my treatment since it's my body. Wow, what a different approach over other doctors! I like him and he's exactly what I need at this point (going through med overhaul).

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

Dr.Tessier saw our son once for half an hour and diagnosed him with schizophrenia, putting him on anti-psychotic meds. When asked about the side effects of the meds, he said he didn't have time to answer our questions and literally jumped up from his chair yelling, "Do you think I am incompetent?" Having seen several other pyschiatrists and a psychologist, our son has now been diagnosed with depression. None of the other doctors could find any sign of psychosis. We lost valuable treatment time and suffered much pyschologically while under the impression that the first diagnosis was correct. We later learned that no diagnosis should ever be given so swiftly or without testing - and of course we knew that any reliable doctor will answer questions. That is why we went to another doctor. As we have found, there are many other great doctors to work with - it is our belief that in this case, Dr.Tessier was dangerously incompetent.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010