Ratings for Dr. Neil Fleshner

My experience with him can best be described as a near disaster. First, he reviewed my chart; did not examine me; then got into a shouting match (in open clinic) with me over my choice around another unrelated medical choice I made with my cardiologist. He told me that he would see to it that my choice would be changed. Since I do not believe that MD stands for medical deity, i argued back. I was scheduled for an operation at TGH under the belief he would do the work. Later, I discovered one of his resident doctors did the botched, incomplete job which resulted in over 6 months of causing me pain and disability. I cannot go to another doctor at PMH because Dr. Fleshner triages all patients and I won't be in the same room as this man. He may be a good body plumber but he is a lousy doctor.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

My father was seen last in February and spoke to drs office in March about an appointment no one has called us back since and we were told we’d be seen in May . It is now July . We’ve called numerous times in early May and we were told they’d make an appointment by the end of the month . Can’t understand how such potential time sensitive matters can be left like this .

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

Him and his team are very dedicated in making patients comfortable. Had an emergency situation and he consulted with me and his team even when I didn't have an appointment. Got a Foley catheter... and went home after 14 months of pain. Very knowledgeable, compassionate, kind. Highly recommend & his team too. They help explore every solution *****

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

I didn't know what to expect when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and that I required my prostate to be removed (at 58) but I was extremely fortunate and thankful that I was referred to Dr Fleshner and his team. Dr Fleshner assured me he would do everything to retain as much of the nerves as possible and to keep my dry. Well I was golfing a few weeks after surgery and am almost back to normal in all aspects of my life. I never would have expected anything close to these results, especially the first week after surgery but here we are. Thanks to Dr Fleshner and his excellent team!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I am so fortunate to have been referred to Dr Fleshner and his Team who performed Radical Prostatectomy , maintaining as much Nerve Sparing as was possible. Amazing Surgeon . Terrific bed side manners . Thank you Doctor Fleshner . Peter Stafford ( and partner Wayne)

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

BW when seeing Dr. Fleshner. His facts are from uncertain sources. Handles too many patients and is overwhelmed. His process of treatment is 'one size fits all'. No such thing as personalized medicine. Always get a 2nd opinion.

Submitted March 21, 2018

Excellent surgeon. Excellent attitude. Patient and caring. Removed bladder with aggressive carcinoma. Frequent follow ups by himself and his staff. Former chief of urology at Princess Margaret in Toronto. Saw me within two weeks of initial contact. Definitely the go-to guy for all matters Urology and cancer.

Submitted March 15, 2018

Was diagnosed with prostate cancer March 2015. My doctor at the time was very matter fact and sterile, basically suggesting to take it day by day and hope for the best. Wanted a second opinion and was referred to Dr. Fleshner. Best thing that ever happened to me in that department. Compassionate, very professional and clear in explaining my options. Had surgery to remove my prostate December 2015 and still cancer free with none of the usual side effects. Just as if it never happened.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

We have received the news that no one wants to hear-cancer.A great referral was given to us , Dr.Fleishner.Our appointment was almost immediate.We were very grateful for all the information and explanations given to us by his team and Dr.Fleshner himself.My husband will be having surgery and although still nervous and worried we feel comfortable knowing we are in such experienced hands.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

2018 !!! And I continue to be Cancer free. Thanks to Dr.Fleshners great care and continuous follow up appointments. He and his staff continue to make sure that I am doing ok and they are all there to support me. I am a very lucky lady to have such a great team. Devon, Leah and all the student doctors are wonderful. Thank you, Valerie Codlin

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018