Dr. Kris E. Radcliff

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kris E. Radcliff

Dr Radcliff is a great surgent. He explained everything very thorough. And he is very friendly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Dr. Radcliff and his staff are the best they truly care about the people they help. You can not ask for or find a better team or Doctor. And the staff that works with Dr. Radcliff are very helpful and caring. Going to Rothman was the best decision for my health.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Dr. Radcliff performed an ACDF on me in March of 2016. I was VERY pleased with the outcome, The burning, stinging and numbness in my hands that Zi had suffered with for months, was completely gone upon awakening from the anesthesia. I had absolutely no pain during my recovery, so I required no pain medication. Dr. Radcliff provides a pamphlet prior to the surgery that explains the complete procedure, from patient preparation, his procedure, including photos of the actual surgery, through what to expect through recovery. He is very patient and answers all of our questions, most often responding by phone calls which he personally returns. In addition to my ACDF procedure in 2016, I am currently awaiting my surgery date, 5/7/2018, for a lumbar laminectomy and fusion. As before, I find his staff to be very accommodating and considerate, and I’ve received the same kind of information packet for this procedure as for my last surgery. I go into this surgery feeling prepared, and I have every confidence in his skill as a surgeon. My husband, a brain tumor survivor, and I, consider ourselves fortunate to have him as my surgeon, and to know him as a friend.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

Dr. Radcliff performed ACDF surgery on me in early March. I felt very confident in his surgical skills and very pleased with the outcome. Although there are variables with any medical procedure,I always felt he provided reasonable expectations and probable outcomes.I recently recommended him to someone else with a very similar problem as mine . Thank you Dr Radcliff !

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr. Radcliff was honest and open about my condition. All questions were answered without hesitation. I would recommend him to others with the same condition.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

He did Surgery on me in January, and I am doing well, Thank you Dr. Radcliff, you are the best!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Dr Radcliff is an amazing professional who is unbelievably talented yet friendly and down to earth. I had major neck surgery in 2013 with Dr. Radcliff and I've never felt better in my life! Don't think about it, just call him!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Dr. Radcliff was punctual, personable and completely honest in his assessment of my spine problems. He answered all questions honestly and to our satisfaction. The follow up information was very helpful and of great help in making decisions. I highly recommend him. He does not rush you into a surgery which may not be in your best interest in the long run.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I recently made an appointment with Dr. Radcliff after doing much research for an experienced Surgeon. I was pleasantly surprised to find the office and staff friendly and helpful. My first impression of Dr. Radcliff was meeting a professional, caring Doctor who took time to explain my options and made me feel comfortable during my consultation. I would highly recommend Dr. Radcliff and the Rothman Institute for anyone looking for Orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

There are so many things I can say about Dr. Radcliff, but I think this says it all...I am lucky to have Dr. Radcliff as my Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr. Kris E. Radcliff's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kris Radcliff is a fellowship-trained Spinal Surgeon. Due to his unique training, Dr. Radcliff has faculty appointments in both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. Dr. Radcliff is a senior level faculty member who has the academic title of Associate professor. Dr. Radcliff specializes in minimally invasive spinal reconstruction procedures and artificial disk replacement. Dr. Kris Radcliff is a fellowship-trained Spinal Surgeon. Due to his unique training, Dr. Radcliff has faculty appointments in both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. Dr. Radcliff is a senior level faculty member who has the academic title of Associate professor. Dr. Radcliff specializes in minimally invasive spinal reconstruction procedures and artificial disk replacement.  Spine surgery is a complex, evolving field that employs elements of both Othopedic Surgery and Neurological Surgery. In order to stay up to date with the latest techniques, spine surgeons employ techniques founded in both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery to achieve optimal results for patients.  Although Dr. Radcliff is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, he completed his spine training with both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery faculty in order to have a well-rounded training. Dr. Radcliff continues to perform research, surgical education, and lecturing at orthopedic and neurosurgery meetings around the world.  Dr. Radcliff specializes in the latest techniques in spinal reconstruction including minimally invasive spinal reconstruction procedures and artificial disk replacement. Dr. Radcliff is actively interested in exploring alternatives to traditional fusion surgery. Dr. Radcliff recently won the prestigious best paper award at an international meeting of cervical spine experts (Cervical Spine Research Society) for a study comparing cervical disk replacement as an alternative to fusion. Dr Radcliff completed his undergraduate education at Harvard University and medical school at Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas where he was exposed to hundreds of complex trauma, pediatric, and minimally invasive reconstructive procedures. Following residency, Dr. Radcliff performed fellowship training in Spine Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury at Thomas Jefferson University, widely considered to be one of the top orthopedic and neurosurgical spine fellowships in the world. He has also visited and operated with leading spine surgeons in the nation and around the world.  Dr. Radcliff is an international expert with hundreds of peer-reviewed publications. Dr. Radcliff has edited a spinal textbook on complications of spine surgery and written dozens of chapters in other textbooks on spine surgery. Dr. Radcliff has won numerous awards for his innovative research. He is one of the few people to have authored research projects that have received best paper awards at both the North American Spine Society and the Cervical Spine Research Society. Dr. Radcliff was recently chosen as the liaison of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons to the North American Spine Society Low Back Pain Guideline Committee. Dr. Radcliff regularly teaches other surgeons at national and international meetings about safely and efficiently performing spine surgery, techniques and complication avoidance in minimally invasive spine surgery, orthopedic basic science, and spine trauma and spinal cord injury. Dr. Radcliff is Chairman of the North American Spine Society Young Surgeons Forum and a past president of the Association for Collaborative Spinal Research. Dr. Radcliff is a regular invited faculty member at the prestigious "Contemporary Techniques in Minimally Invasive Cervical and Lumbar Spine Surgery" course in St. Louis. Dr Radcliff was chosen to be a member of the prestigious Cervical Spine Research Society and Scoliosis Research Society. Dr. Radcliff is also an active member of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery and Lumber Spine Research Society. Dr. Radcliff is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. I believe in a conservative, balanced to patient care. With individual patients' goals in mind, all avenues and alternatives to surgery are explored before surgery is considered. If surgery is necessary, I will perform spine surgery utilizing the safest, most effective, least invasive technique tailored for each individual patient. I have experience performing the most complicated spinal trauma and deformity surgeries but I also have a particular interest in less invasive types of cervical and lumbar surgery when appropriate. I would like to thank my patients for providing feedback that will be shared with others. Your feedback is critical to enable us to continuously improve patients' experience in my practice. If there is ever a concern that you would like to discuss in more detail please reach out directly to my office at 1-800-321-9999.

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)
  • Harvard University