Ratings for Dr. Matthew Abrams

Upon entering the office the furniture and decor is old and outdated. That's not a real issue. I was the first patient of the day. With that being said I thought I would be in and out quickly. I filled out the new patient paperwork and still had to wait an additional 15-20 minutes. The assistant came in and asked me the same exact questions I just filled in on the new patient paperwork, effectively wasting more of my time. Then she left and had me get undressed. It felt like forever sitting there naked in a cold room. The doctor came breezing in with two other assistants, I didn't feel very comfortable. He did the exam quickly, talking the entire time. I am 29 yrs old with no kids and he kept insisting on me getting a prescription for birth control. He asked me when he first entered, maybe once during the exam and then lastly before he left. He said to call him in a week for my results. You literally have to call or you will not know your results.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Worst staff possible, 3 hour appointments 50. No place to sit in waiting room sometimes. Said they would accept a check and then when we bring it to them they say they don't take checks for anything (same staff who said they would). Staff was extremely arrogant and unknowledgable. Suggested usage of medications that interferred with other medications without as the doctor and various other things. Strongly suggest you find another doctor unless he changes his staff.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

Dr. Matthew Abrams's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Avmed