Ratings for Dr. D. Paula Campbell

Dr. Campbell basically saved my life. I was so fortunate to be referred to her. Very good listener, kind, insightful and diagnosed my illness correctly. Finally my entire life made sense. I would strongly recommend her to anyone struggling with crippling anxiety and depression. She's the best!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I struggle with BPD, anxiety, and depression and my doctor recommended I see Dr Campbell. I went in for a consultation and when I told her about my mental illness and what I'm struggling with she told me straight up that she couldn't help me. I had a funny feeling about her before I even told her my story. Anyways I'm sort of pleased that I didn't go to her and decided on DBT instead.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Been her patient for 4 years. Correctly diagnosed me on first visit. Knowledgeable and compassionate. Her prescribed course of treatment has greatly increased my quality of life. Can't say enough good stuff about her.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

After a considerable wait to see a Psychiatrist, we were able to see Dr. Campbell. She helped my teenage daughter to better manage her depression and anxiety. Probably more so than any of our visits to see community counsellors. Consulting with a medical specialist is probably the best choice we made as a family to help a loved one who is suffering from mental illness. However, in order to do so, you likely have to wait up to a year to see one. I would strongly recommend Dr. Campbell to anybody in the Vancouver area who has family members who are dealing with mental health illness or depression. She definitely helped my daughter with her illness, and we are very grateful. She was very patient, and took extra time to help treat my daughter. Understanding and using the term illness is something that we are also getting used to as a family. Certainly as a parent, I would say it takes a lot of time and consulting with doctors such as Dr. Campbell to help understand why my daughter was suffering. Because of this experience, I believe Dr. Campbell is likely one of the best psychiatric specialists in Vancouver after the help we received from her.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Dr. Campbell was the first Psychiatric specialist that I ever been referred to. I found her to be very knowledgeable and helpful. And my Family felt more at ease with my Medical condition. I would highly recommend her to anybody in the Vancouver/Lower Mainland area that is struggling with serious depression.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

no eye contact walk in + out -ignore when I talked intimidating in out patients department

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

After reading these reviews I was apprehensive about seeing Dr. Campbell. The past few years have brought a significant amount of grief, upheaval & unbearable pain to my life and in all honesty I was feeling fragile & vulnerable to the wrong kind of help. I, however, found Dr. Campbell to be very helpful; kind, understanding, knowledgeable & not at all what I expected. From my experience with her, she is insightful, intelligent & honest. She was extremely helpful. I was even apprehensive about seeing a Psychiatrist at all due to the stigmatism but I have to say I am glad that I did. I appreciated her feedback & observations and am happy to have found her.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I believe this woman is dangerous. Two years after seeing her four times I feel traumatized and infuriated by her This is not hyperbole, In my opinion she has sociopathic traits. She showed No empathy but what seemed like contempt. Her words seem rehearsed, and did not match her actions. She wrote things on my chart that were false, no gray area, they were not true. I swear she had her opinion of me made by the first visit, and everything else I said or did was viewed in a way to validate the conclusion she'd arrived at the first time she saw me. I've had Doctors and psychiatrists who made mistakes, who've had bad days, it happens. She is the only one about whom I'd say "stay away, no matter how desperate you are for help actually, *especially* if you are desperate, no matter how long the waiting list is for a different clinician, do NOT see this woman, even her staff are impatient and snotty.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

I'm so glad I found this site! I feel sad that I'm not the only one that went through this with dr. campbell, but at least i wasn't imagining this. This woman spent a total of 50 minutes with me, the week i found out my estranged sister had passed away. I was understandably upset about that, but smiling through my tears remained optimistic about my future plans, etc. Within less than 50 minutes i had been diagnosed with a mental disorder and she refused to see me unless i went on drugs. Her exact words to me were "talk therapy won't help enough. I'm a psychiatrist" as if all she was there to do was to prescribe drugs!! The heartache and confusion i suffered as a result of her snap judgement (which didn't even mention my sister's death in the report!) was not ok. This woman needs to realize that circumstances will reflect a patient's mood, so 50 minutes is NOT enough to diagnose someone! I will never ever see this woman again. I think she needs schooling in how to diagnose properly.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Oh my God, I want to cry. I saw this woman in 2002 for a diagnosis and she had a profoundly negative effect on my life. It was a nightmare. This ws long before internet ratings. I struggled all these years wondering if she was really as bad as I thought OR if I was really as bad as she thought. Mean and I think very unqualified.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010