Ratings for Dr. Martin Duffy

Dr. Duffy goes out of his way to assist my son's condition. He cares for all of his patients likewise their respective families. Staffs provides excellent service.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Duffy and his :boss" went above and beyond to assist.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I recently had a partial nephrectomy to remove a tumour from my left kidney. The surgery was performed by Dr.Martin Duffy at the Rockyview Hospital in Calgary, on 9th January 09 2017. Dr. Duffy and the nursing staff were absolutely fantastic during, before and after my surgery. Dr. Duffy is so ‘down to earth’ and approachable, and he is so kind, attentive and caring. Whilst I was in the holding room, prior to being wheeled into the operating room, my whole body was shaking with fear. Dr.Duffy and the anesthetist Dr.Bart, came to see me. They both held my hand and comforted me in a light hearted and friendly manner. I immediatly stopped shaking and realised I was in the best possible hands and they would not let me down. The surgery was complete success and Dr.Duffy called me at home on a Sunday evening a couple of weeks after the operation to give me the good news that my tumour was benign and not malignant. How many doctors would do that? What a great person.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Performed radical prostatectomy on my husband after watchful waiting was no longer an option. Patiently explained all treatment options to my husband and me. Was at my husband's bedside on the inpatient unit shortly after my husband was transferred there. Pleased to say that my husband is recovering very well. Excellent care at the Prostate Cancer Centre and the Rockyview General Hospital inpatient unit.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Best doctor ever!!!! I effin love this guy! I was glad to have him inside me

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable and caring. Very busy but always made time to answer my questions. I am Gleason 9 and need more treatment after surgery. Dr. Duffy vows to help my case as long as i need it.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Dr.Duffy did a radical prostectomy for me in late April. After the initial consultation ( was going to choose between open surgery or Laparoscopic ) I felt very comfortable with the knowledge and thoroughness Dr Duffy took with my wife and I so immediately booked the surgery without seeing anyone else. His nurse was good at getting my date moved up so I could start to train for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. Can't say enough good about the Rocky View Hospital nurses on the ward. I had a plugged catheter in the middle of the first night of recovery and the nurse wasted no time getting it unblocked and funtioning again. The other nurses were always very attentive as well.... they're very experienced with recovery from this type of procedure. Dr Duffy's follow up was good and very reasurring with knowledge in the two phone calls in the first couple of weeks after the operation ( one return from an inquiry and the other when the Pathology Report came back ). He was very punctual for the 3 month follow up visit and took the time to answer all our questions giving us the confidence the outcome at this point was very successful. I would also like to say how impressed my wife and I have been with all the staff and the whole program of education at the Prostate Cancer Center .... just tremedous.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Performed radical prostatectomy 4 years ago. Totally inattentive when I became seriously infected 2 weeks after surgery: "what's this about an infection?" he said several months later when I visited to find out why I was still incontinent. I asked him about nerve sparing, re: E.D., and he did not seem to know what I was asking about. Now, still suffering from E.D., and reading on the internet, I have learned that a lot of work had been done and published well before my surgery regarding penile rehabilitation. Apart from the likelihood, not once was the subject of dealing with E.D. raised prior to surgery, and for all intents I saw very little of him following surgery. I was not impressed and my evaluation continues to go south. He may be good with a knife, but seemingly not so much when you are conscious.

Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr Duffy originally consulted on my kidneys pancreas transplant His knowledge and experience saved my transplant avoiding the need for kidney dialysis .After 7 abdominal surgeries to reconnect a donor ureter Dr Duffy suggested attachment to native ureter might work.This was a success,.I now have been successfully transplanted for 14 years. Dr Duffy also has seen my father for bladder cancer,which is now Thankfully in remission.As someone who has been chronically ill,with complicated cases,I would not have any other doctor attend my urological needs.The opportunity I have had to meet numerous urologists only solidifies my opinion and preference to have Dr Duffy attend to my care and those I love.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr Duffy had me come in to get my stone out on a call in on a Sunday. When he went in with the camera's there was no kidney stone. Very odd. Overall recommended doctor for sure. I was just a bit upset that there was no stone and I had to go through the procedure (first operation ever) Otherwise Nice doctor and the anesthesiologist rocked too :)-

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015