You may also like

Rate Dr. Martin Duffy

Dr. Martin Duffy's Ratings

Dr.Duffy did a radical prostectomy for me in late April. After the initial consultation ( was going to choose between open surgery or Laparoscopic ) I felt very comfortable with the knowledge and thoroughness Dr Duffy took with my wife and I so immediately booked the surgery without seeing anyone else. His nurse was good at getting my date moved up so I could start to train for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. Can't say enough good about the Rocky View Hospital nurses on the ward. I had a plugged catheter in the middle of the first night of recovery and the nurse wasted no time getting it unblocked and funtioning again. The other nurses were always very attentive as well.... they're very experienced with recovery from this type of procedure.
Dr Duffy's follow up was good and very reasurring with knowledge in the two phone calls in the first couple of weeks after the operation ( one return from an inquiry and the other when the Pathology Report came back ). He was very punctual for the 3 month follow up visit and took the time to answer all our questions giving us the confidence the outcome at this point was very successful. I would also like to say how impressed my wife and I have been with all the staff and the whole program of education at the Prostate Cancer Center .... just tremedous.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2904003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

Performed radical prostatectomy 4 years ago.
Totally inattentive when I became seriously infected 2 weeks after surgery: "what's this about an infection?" he said several months later when I visited to find out why I was still incontinent.
I asked him about nerve sparing, re: E.D., and he did not seem to know what I was asking about.
Now, still suffering from E.D., and reading on the internet, I have learned that a lot of work had been done and published well before my surgery regarding penile rehabilitation. Apart from the likelihood, not once was the subject of dealing with E.D. raised prior to surgery, and for all intents I saw very little of him following surgery. I was not impressed and my evaluation continues to go south. He may be good with a knife, but seemingly not so much when you are conscious.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2829366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Dr Duffy originally consulted on my kidneys pancreas transplant His knowledge and experience saved my transplant avoiding the need for kidney dialysis .After 7 abdominal surgeries to reconnect a donor ureter Dr Duffy suggested attachment to native ureter might work.This was a success,.I now have been successfully transplanted for 14 years. Dr Duffy also has seen my father for bladder cancer,which is now Thankfully in remission.As someone who has been chronically ill,with complicated cases,I would not have any other doctor attend my urological needs.The opportunity I have had to meet numerous urologists only solidifies my opinion and preference to have Dr Duffy attend to my care and those I love.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2795064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr Duffy had me come in to get my stone out on a call in on a Sunday. When he went in with the camera's there was no kidney stone. Very odd. Overall recommended doctor for sure. I was just a bit upset that there was no stone and I had to go through the procedure (first operation ever) Otherwise Nice doctor and the anesthesiologist rocked too :)-

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2721248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

He did my kidney stone removal. Certainly no complaints,,, felt I was in great hands. Thanks Dr. Duffy

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2714426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

Dr Duffy was my surgeon for a TURP prostrate operation for BPH. Excellent surgeon. Knowledgeable, personal and very experienced. This he told me is his most common surgery which he performs approx. 100 times annually. You'll be in great hands if Dr Duffy is your surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2572415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Great doctor - operated on me for prostate cancer - friendly, skilled, caring

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][367491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2011

Thank you Dr. Duffy for being so kind and knowledgeable. I appreciate his unassuming manner and genuine caring. Dr. Duffy removed my cancer and has followed me since. I would recommend him to anyone facing similar treatment.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][367490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

he's awesome.dedicated to his work,spend time to talk to his pts.great teacher to his junior doctors/students too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][367489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2010

Generally he seemed nonchalant and lacking in sensitivity. For example, I was taken aback when he spoke about another patient of his somewhat disparagingly (though did not name patient) during my consultation. As for his skill as a surgeon, I am not convinced. I still have urinary incontinence two years after prostatectomy despite being in low risk group. This is disappointing when comparing the rates of post surgical continence to those in a variety published studies.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][367488].votes_count ]]