Ratings for Dr. Michael R. McNelis

Dr. McNelis delivered both of my children. I had high risk pregnancies with both babies and the care I received was top notch both times. He also performed a minor gynecological surgery for me with zero complications. I would not hesitate to refer him to anyone for care. He genuinely cares about his patients and takes time to explain things to make sure you understand the options and risks. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

He does not believe antibiotics given to a pregnant woman with an infection will help the pregnancy. He does not believe women can have contractions if the fetus is not viable. He didn't listen to me or my symptoms- ignored an elevated white blood cell count, green discharge, and contractions. He did nothing to investigate those symptoms, except what I asked him to do. He didn't listen to me when I told him there was something wrong. I lost my 15 week baby 5 days later. He had the opportunity to keep my pregnancy going by giving me an antibiotic and by doing further investigating, but did absolutely nothing.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Best MD I've ever had!Takes time to patiently explain everything and is never in a rush to get you out.Very knowledgeable, thoughtful and kind. Great attitude and genuinely cares about his patients and I can tell he loves what he does. I'd recommend him to anyone. He's so amazing!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

Dr. McNelis (who practices at both Allina in Buffalo and in St. Michael) is GREAT! down to earth, extremely helpful, takes his time talking with you. First male OB-GYN I've ever had and he's also the best OB-GYN I've ever had. HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Excellent doctor. Very caring, knowledgable, and thorough. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Dr. Mike delivered 2 of my babies when he was in MN. He is a great Dr. who can totally relate to his patients. He has become a family friend. I recommend him to anyone! His wife is an OB/GYN also.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

Dr. Michael R. McNelis's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)