Ratings for Dr. Jonathan C. Calkwood

Doesn't listen. Slots you into what he does for everyone else. Expects you to do what he says. There is no 2-way discussion. Waited 4 hours.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr. Calkwood is awesome - he knows MS and treatment options, and has a great bedside manner and is very caring. and the office staff Colleen and Jackie are great, always very helpful and pleasant. BUT, I definitely do not recommend the Golden Valley Shapiro Center for MS. They are never on time (no matter who you see), and it's not unusual to sit waiting for 60-90 minutes past your appointment time even for the first appointment of the day. You will see his PA Jerry and NP, Heli the majority of the time, not Calkwood himself. The quality of care they provide is not consistent and often comes with a dose of condescension (Jerry) or frequent/prolonged silence (Heli). Calkwood needs to surround himself with better staff since these folks are not doing him any favors.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Very, very unhappy with my experience at the clinic, Jerry Phaff is inappropriate at best. Will not recommend to others.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Calkwood is brilliant and really knows MS and treatment options and is very caring. I just think that he has too much on his plate. The Schapiro Center is one of the largest MS centers in the country and they don't have the staff to make that work. Dr. Calkwood relies heavily on his PA, Jerry and NP, Heli and the quality of care they provide is concerning. I felt as though the first 15 minutes of each appointment were spent by the provider trying to figure out who the heck I was. I "fired" Dr. Caulkwood because of his lack of accessibility and because my appointments with him ended up being with Jerry, who I felt was incredibly incompetent. I wasn't asking for much, but my needs simply weren't being met by his team. I really think that he should find staff that better reflects who he is as a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I trust him with my life. He approaches my health holistically and with care.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

He is thorough. I have fired 3 neurolgists, I drive 4 hours to see him. He handles my MS and I trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

Dr. Calkwood is very intelligent, but he sometimes appears scattered as he is always super busy. I trust him with my treatment plan and know that he makes recommendations that are in my best interest.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Dr wanted to talk about how he had flown here and flown there joking said what day is today. I was more interested in hearing options and being taken seriously.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Multiple sclerosis specialist, also sub-specialty in neuro-opthomology

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

Dr. Jonathan C. Calkwood's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Golden Valley, MN