Ratings for Dr. Dao Nguyen

The Doctor performed surgery to remove an invasive melanoma under my eye and was fantastic. Although she had to perform a skin flap on one side of my face in order to remove all the cancer she is such a skilled surgeon that it healed quickly and most do not notice the scar from an over 10 inch incision. Nothing but praise for this Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Went here for minor lump removal on my nose. Yes, she's straight to the point but not rude or uncaring. I explained my needle phobia and she took extra care to check up on me and had a nurse to look after me. The work was perfect and there is no scaring. She's busy but definitely took the time to be human with me. They slotted me in to a tight schedule and warned me beforehand that I'd likely have to wait but that's normal! This isn't a private dental clinic full of hygienists doing routine cleanings, it's a surgical centre!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

I had ovarian cancer 3.5 years ago which left me with a botched scar and a tether of scar tissue that pulled in and created a second belly button. Horrible! I saw Dr. Nguyen for this recently and she surgically resected the top half of the scar only on my request. She did an awesome job and made a dramatic improvement to how I look in a bathing suit or underwear. I am grateful to her for her natural talent in her field. I can see what others are complaining about here, she is abrupt and straight forward she is not rude. She tells it as it is and in the end everything she told me was correct. She isn't a "hand holder" if that's what you are looking for but she is a gifted surgeon. I'm very pleased with her work and that's the bottom line for me.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

My worst experience ever. She should not be a doctor/surgeon, she should not deal with people. She is rude and has no bedside manners. She does not care about your opinion. I definitely do not understand why I had to go through such a traumatic experience.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I had a breast reduction with Dr, Nguyen for asymmetrical breasts and she was wonderful! I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She is very professional and patient with me the day of surgery. Her work really reflects how thorough she is . There are many comments on here who say negative things about her but I strongly disagree. She was extremely friendly and listened to all of my questions and concerns. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Terrible customer service and lack of professionalism. They have no respect for your time. They make appointments when they are closed for lunch, and they make you wait until their lunch is finished.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I met with Dr Nguyen on a referral from my oncologist. I was in desperate search of help after a very bad experience and a half done breast reconstruction by another surgeon & his locum. After 9 months of receiving a complete run around, zero answers & absolute lack of compassion from my original team, Dr Nguyen was a god send! She spent nearly an HOUR discussing my options & possible outcomes & answering all the questions that my previous plastic surgeon wouldn't/couldn't answer. She was empathetic, understanding and kind. She never once made me feel like she was in a hurry or that I was wasting her time. She assured me that she would be happy to answer & review any further questions & concerns in a follow-up appointment once I'd had a chance to process all the info and she did. Although I ultimately ended up going with a different surgeon (different procedure/experience), Dr Nguyen's knowledge, care & compassion was what helped me understand what was happening to me & helped me move on from my horrible experience with confidence that everything would be ok. I can not thank her enough.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

The worst most rudest, judgemental human I have ever heard of. How can she still be practicing? Her conduct with my sister was the most awful experience of her life. Apparently trying to stop smoking while visiting this Quack is not good enough for her, let alone her attitude towards smokers! My sister have been fighting tobacco addiction for some time now and to have that Dr. tell her she wouldn't be covered not only by her B.C. medical but also her private coverage! I guess in her mind a bleeding, painful growth is all cosmetic. Just like she compared a bleeding growth to a woman with small breasts!! UNBELIEVABLE!! And you can bet the Collage of Physicians are going to hear abut this one!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Horrible!!!!! Worst experience we have ever had with a specialist. Rude, indifferent, unfriendly. Will never return.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I had a breast reduction with Dr. N and other cosmetic procedures. She has been personally and professionally supportive. Her work is impeccable. I too was initially worried due to the critical comments posted here. I'm glad I followed my GPs advice that this is a very reputable surgeon. She is a very nice person and a very careful practitioner. I recommend her to all of my colleagues.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Dao Nguyen's Credentials

• Regence
First Choice Health
Great West
Healthnet
Lifewise
Managed Health Network (Mhn)
Multiplan