Ratings for Dr. Ilia Shlimak

I only put 3 stars as the office staff at the Harvard office is 5+ stars, but the staffing at the Acton office leaves MUCH to be desired

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

This is my second time reviewing this dr- but I felt it necessary after the "care" I have received in the last year. I have never had a dr refuse to treat me for a serious, ongoing problem, when he was the only dr that I have access to. I have both anxiety and some depression, and all that dr. shlimak was willing to do was refer me to someone who could give me some names. when NONE of these were taking new patients, and I was having a hard time even getting out of bed to be able to spend time with my family, he still refused to provide any treatment for these issues. He treated me like I was a drug addict from the first time that I saw him for pain after an accident that left my femur shattered, and required a second surgery. I have done everything I can to respect his comfort level as a doctor, however, having a doctor that does not listen, and is not willing to treat medical issues is deplorable. Today, my wife and I saw him for the last time, and when we confronted him with these on going issues, he provided no reasoning, and declared that he did not need to listen to our concerns, and stormed out of the office.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

DR Shlimak is never available for appointments when I need to see him, and has never taken the time to get to know me in the least. I currently need primary care monitoring of a blood thinner and Dr. Shlimak has refused to monitor my level without a valid reason (his number one reason being that he does not really know me- despite all of my attempts to make appointments with him). I am now left inpatient in a physical therapy facility away from my family, forced to depend on the drs located here, as my primary care dr has refused to treat me.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Always gives me all the time I need to ask questions or voice my concerns. He doesn't send me to useless treatments and lets me decide what's best for me. Not the most bubbly person but friendly enough to make you feel comfortable. I'd recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Maybe he was just having a bad day. Maybe he didn't truly want a new patient. Maybe he would rather have male patients than female (his profile in the lobby specifically suggested new male patients). Whatever the case he was a bully and not someone who I would feel comfortable around in a crises. Zero bedside manner. Made a big issue about being collaborative but in fact just wanted me to take his word rather than ask questions or compromise. I was extremely shocked and disappointed by the whole experience. A horrible impression overall.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

very kind, compasionate,and caring. knows his field, and always has an answer to any, and all of my lengthy list of questions!If he doesn't have the answer, he knows who will. Spends the time with you that you need.I am a person with special psychiatric needs, and he has spent the time with my specialist consulting with him a number of times to learn what he needs to incorporate into the care that he gives me.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

Dr. Ilia Shlimak's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal