Ratings for Dr. Ramin Azghandi

I was referred to Dr. Azghandi by my regular dentist to have a gum graft completed. While there Dr. Azghandi tried to talk me into getting another procedure done that he felt would “benefit” me. I declined and had the guy graft done. Worst pain of my life and once my gum healed my smile looks horrible. The gum on the left over my front two teeth hangs lower than the the right and there is a huge lump in my gum that’s very noticible. I would not refer him if my life depended on it.

Submitted January 15, 2018

I was referred by my dentist to see Dr. Azghandi for gum grafting. He is very personable, thorough in his explanation of the procedure, and meticulous in his attention to detail. His staff is very pleasant and caring as well. I am pleased with the results and will soon be going back for another gum graft. I would recommend Dr. Azghandi to all others in need of this type of oral surgery.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I had gum graft on 6 teeth with Dr. Azghandi in April 2017. I had a serious gum recession and my teeth were starting to move due to the lack of gum support. I consulted with other professionals before, but they did not take the time to explain the procedure. I was so scared I waited months for another opinion! On the contrary, for Dr. Azghandi each patient is a special case. He takes the time to explain pros and cons of the procedure as well as the process and post operation. He replied to all my technical questions in great detail and ensured I was comfortable with the decision. The procedure is not as painful or cumbersome as I thought. The “before and after” is impressive! I am totally satisfied with the results. Dr. Azghandi is a great professional, calm, detailed-oriented, honest and always with a smile! I would recommend him beyond any doubt.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

I was recommended by my dentist to see Dr. Azghandi for gum grafting surgery. I was scared at first because I didn't know what to expect and wasn't sure how painful the procedure was going to be. Dr. Azghandi took the time to explain to me how the surgery was going to be done. He answered every question I had and I felt more comfortable going forward with the procedure. Dr. Azghandi and friendly and personable. He and the staff were very nice. The gum grafting surgery wasn't as bad as I expected. I was in pain for a few days, but the pain was manageable by medications. I highly recommend Dr. Azghandi and will return if I need additional dental surgeries.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I recently had gum grafts done on two teeth with Dr. Azghandi and I couldn't tell you how easy the whole process was. Dr. Azghandi was the second periodontist I had seen and at my initial consultation, reassured me of what was actually going on and told me that it wasn't anything I was doing to damage my gums! (That was a huge plus for me!) I scheduled my grafts and was very nervous going in, having had a painful first experience with another doctor. This time around, the entire procedure and healing process was smooth and as painless as possible. If you are in need of this procedure, you will be glad you chose Dr. Azghandi!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Azghandi recently performed gum grafts on me teeth and my daughter's recently and did a fabulous job! He was very articulate during the initial consultation in explaining the problem, the grafting procedure, post-procedure followup and healing expectations. Dr. Azghandi came across as a very friendly, calm, experienced and confident practitioner who knew what he was doing, which was further demonstrated in how smoothly the grafting procedures went off as did the after-care for my daughter and I. Dr. Azghandi's staff was very friendly and they ensured that the waiting time was kept to a minimum during all our appointments. Highly recommend Dr. Azghandi if you are looking for a good periodontist in the DC Metro area.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I had a tooth extraction done by Dr Azghandi while I was 10 weeks pregnant. Dr Azghandi was extremely considerate, caring, and compassionate during the entire procedure. He took extra care to ensure that I was comfortable and pain free throughout the visit, and expertly adjusted my post-surgery treatment to ensure that I received that the medication needed for healing while taking into account the health of the baby first and foremost. Prior to my procedure, I had several consultations with Dr Azghandi about different dental work and I always left the office feeling well informed and presented with different treatment options for me to decide on. Dr Azghandi always took the time to explain the pros and cons of the various treatment options without forcing me to go a certain route. Dr Azghandi is an expert in his field and applies the utmost care for the well being of his patients. His staff are all professional, friendly, and helpful with scheduling and answering insurance benefits questions etc. I highly recommend Dr. Azghandi to anybody seeking dental care services!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

This year, I decided to get braces. I am a thirty two year old architect. My orthodontist told me that I would be unable to begin treatment without a gum graft at my lower two front teeth. Dr. Ramin Azghandi was recomended to me by my dentist. I watched the whole surgery, as I opted for local anesthetic. You can tell that Dr. Azghandi is an expert in his field. He was sure of himself, the proceedure was quick, and he diplayed a sense of rhythm in the orchestration of the surgery, as if he had performed similar proceedures many times without a hitch. I am confident that if he did need to address a problem during the surgery, it would be with a cool head. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Azghandi performed gum graft surgery on me about three weeks ago. I had put off having this surgery for a couple of years primarily because of my fear of the procedure. After another consultation with Dr. Azghandi I decided to move forward with this much needed surgery. My surgery went smoothly and Dr. Azghandi and his assistant Lindsey were professional and supportive throughout the procedure. I was given detailed instructions for my post surgery care and I could not be happier with the outcome.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I had a nightmare day with Dr. Ramin Azghandi. My gym grafting surgery on 5 teeth suppose to be today with nitrous oxide gas anesthesia. Dr. Ramin Azghandi denied ever promising me such anesthesia. Gave me 2.5 mg Lozerapam got the price of $250 ?!? I felt upset because I had expectations already for gas anesthesia (had the same surgery 20 years ago and trauma associated it). Then I tried to calm done as much as I can and to accept that things are the way they are. Rather than procedeeing with the surgery, Dr. Ramin Azghandi, refused to perform the surgery and basically kicked me out of his office, without any further recommendation. He didn't even talk to me face to face but sent another doctor and nurse to let me know that is better if I leave and look for somebody else. All of that happened after he stuffed me with 2.5 mg Lozerapam. So I took all that poison for nothing. My day got lost. I cancelled from work for the rest of the month. Made plans, only according to medical procedure. I will never recommend Dr. Ramin Azghandi to anyone else. Horrible service, no consideration for the patient, no empathy. It's all about money.

Submitted December 17, 2014