Ratings for Dr. Rusanna Mitchell

A young doctor whom I have seen improve and gain knowledge and experience since she started her practice here in Vancouver while maintaining a refreshingly friendly and caring attitude.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Horrible doctor. She told me I had a virus and pushed pills on me. I knew that I didn't have that specific virus and that my symptoms were of something else. I find that she just wants to get out of the Dr's office to see the next patient. She emphasizes and enforces the 2 question policy. She is not a true hero, not some one with a good heart. She does this for money not out of the goodness of her heart.

Submitted May 13, 2017

I am really pleased with Dr. Mitchell's performance as she has looked after my daughter since she moved to Vancouver. I recommended my daughter to see Dr. Mitchell because this particular doctor was trained at the University of Alberta for her MSc and residency in family medicine, and we are very proud that she has come through our institution to become one of the top family doctors in Vancouver. I fully trust her in looking after my daughter and making sure that she is kept in good health while I am based in Edmonton. Highly recommended to anyone who feels they need a doctor who will provide full attention and high quality medical care.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr, Mitchell is a very nice Dr. although i think she may have too may patient's too hard to make an appointment with her if you want to see her the same week. I always feel like i am not fully taken care of when i see her always feel like i am rushed so she can see her next patient. Too bad she is nice but not a good Dr. me and my family left her practice and now have a wonderful Dr. that listens and never rushes me out!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Mitchell is very friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

When and if I can get In to see her, she's great. However, in the past year or so I've needed to see her a few times and have been told they are booking 2 weeks in advance. This is fine if I needed Prescriptions or a physical. But, when I need to see her for anything else pertinent, I'm told to go to emergency or a mediclinic. What is the point if having a family doctor if so can't get in to see her? I am now forced to look for another doctor because if her inaccessibility. Pity, she's good.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr. Mitchell is the best family doctor I've ever had. She is very knowledgeable in her field Of family medicine and knows a lot about diabetes as well.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

The doctor was very professional and helpful. She arrived well prepared despite this being my first and possibly only, visit with her. She was replacing my regular doctor, so I did not experience her regular staff as she doing a locum. Friendly with a positive energy and pleasant manner. I would most definitely use her services again.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

In an era of overcrowded clinics and a stressed out medical system, there is Dr. Rusanna Mitchell. She is the epitome of the small town doctor celebrated in the art if Norman Rockwell-a caring people oriented practitioner who treats her patients as individuals (not just ailments to be treated), takes times to listen and properly advise you. She is up to date, regularly quoting recent studies germane to the topic at hand, a advocates for her patients. Despite her massive workload she maintains a cheery and personable disposition and it is obvious that her passion for her work sustains her. I "inherited" Dr. Mitchell when she took over (and updated) the practice from my former doctor. Being an older male, I had some trepidation, never having had been treated by a female physician. These doubts were soon dispelled when I met her and saw her proficiency, knowledge, consistency and her willingness to make sure you understand your medical issue. Her competence was clearly displayed when she soon discovered I had a chronic condition that had gone undiagnosed for years. When an elderly relative (also one of her patients) had to see her immediately Dr. Mitchell made room for her in an already full patient schedule-at the cost of some of her lunch break. My memories of doctors from my youth were as cold distant deities who passed judgment upon whatever ails you and moved on to the next patient. Dr. Mitchell is anything but that-care and compassion are her hallmarks. Some people on this site have complained that they have to wait awhile to see her. In this case blame should fall on the acute shortage of family doctors-not on dedicated professionals like Dr. Mitchell. I have now been with Dr. Mitchell for several years and have no intention of changing-ever! I just hope that she does not retire before I pass away; she would be nearly impossible to replace!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

My family and I have never had an issue, whatsoever, with Dr. Mitchell. She is insightful, empathetic, highly knowledgeable, and always goes well above and beyond what one would expect. She spends extra time arrowing in on what the perceived problems are, while taking care to keep an eye on the bigger picture. Not only does she address, accurately and efficiently, what ails you, she routinely provides topical, useful advice and best practices on sometimes unrelated issues - before they become problems in and of themselves. Her manner, and compassion have won over even the staunchest opposition - our 5yr old. Punctuality, meh - it's a doctor's office... No worse, no better than most - the later in the day you leave it, the longer the wait (sometimes), though we quite often experience absolutely minimal wait times.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016