Ratings for Dr. James H. Shropshire

First appointment was o.k. but really did not provide the type of help I expected. Second appointment they had me waiting over an hour for one vaccination. Third appointment Dr. Shropshire was not able to diagnose my problem and simply said "I don't know what it could be." Instead of asking for a second opinion, having labs or test done, or referring me to a specialist he just labeled it as "hip pain." I no longer will be a patient of his and would not refer him to family or friends. Friendly guy but that's about it.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Have been a patient of Dr. Shropshire's for many years, and have been due to his knowledge, skills, and the way he treats you as a patient/person. I have never known him to recommend something that seems wasteful time wise or in terms of medical cost.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Terrific family doctor. I have always been able to get an appointment with Dr. Shropshire, even if it meant waiting a bit. On more than one occasion, he took time out of his schedule to see me or other family member when it was serious. He has always taken the time to listen to my concerns and answer any questions I may have. Referrals to specialist when needed? Always. Would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Jim to people I know :)

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Run, don't walk from this physician. You can't get a timely appt so end up with a different fill in every time, or worse, get some secretary or nurse giving misinformation over the phone. Nice guy? Yes. But if you ever have anything more than the sniffles find someone who'll take an appointment and spend the time/resources to help you.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

He is trying to see too many people. He doesn't refer to specialists and tries to do it all himself. He makes serious mistakes.

Submitted March 26, 2010

Dr. James H. Shropshire's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Ameritas