Ratings for Dr. Anita E. Janicka

She had NO idea what she was talking about. My daughter (I was with her for the appointment) is breast feeding and the doctor wanted to run a radioactive iodine update test for her!!!!! When we both mentioned that she is breast feeding, the comment was 'tell don't breast feed for a week or two, I think that should be enough to be safe'!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? How about she uses her own child as a test subject and not my granddaughter!!!! Needless to say, we found another doctor that knows that is going on! The office staff had a hard time with finding the right paperwork, sending us in with the wrong chart and repeating the process at checkout. NOT a place I would recommend!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Janicka is an AMAZING doctor. I wish her staff were the same! Staff is rude, rushes you off the phone and is not helpful in any means. They are insensitive and frankly, nasty. IF you can get past the receptionists and see Dr. Janicka then your going to have a FANTASTIC appointment and leave feeling you were well taken care of.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

The doctor has written me Levoteroksin 0.25, and wrote a prescription to take at night. After six weeks I went to the doctor again. She said that the tests are good and there is no need to take Levoteroksin more. I calmed down and lived in peace for about six months, then I began to have terrible fatigue and severe pain in my heart. I went to the emergency room, I have autoimmune thyroiditis obnaruzhivaut and hypothyroidism. I'm going back to the doctor, she tells me that this would have happened if I took Levoteroksin. But it is me and canceled it! Next. Emergency physicians have written to me levoteroksin 125, doctor said it was a lot, enough 100 (there may be she's right, but did so without analysis, just because). Once I passed the tests, I would like to know the results of what I was told that I had a meeting with the doctor at 6 weeks there and find out. A few days later a letter arrives that she did not make more! I do not understand called to the office, they could not even tell the reason why I can not come to receive more!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

I have seen Dr. Janicka for the last 5 years for type 1 Diabetes, and LOVE her. She is very helpful and knowledgable - though, a little on the conservative side when dealing with thyroid problems. The only problem I have had is the office staff is horrible about getting messages to her. However, when I brought the problem to her attention, she figured out a way to fix the problem. I definitely recommend her to anyone who needs an excellent endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

Found her somewhat condescending and not very helpful. Her knowledge came off very textbook-ish to me; when I probed her for more information, she seemed lost. The staff was friendly enough, but all-in-all I feel like I left knowing as much as I came in with.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

I have found Dr. Janicka to be very knowledgeable and very patient. She seems to give a lot of thought to the care she provides. She is a thinker and I believe she truly wants to help her patients. Unfortunately her attendant staff (not the staff at the larger home office, but the two that work in her Clearwater office) are not good at their jobs. I don't believe that they are actually trained in medical care, because of the way they handle questions and office functions. I have 4 doctors, and comparatively, they seem neither knowledgeable nor friendly. Additionally, the wait time used to be a tolerable 30 minutes; now I wait a full hour, no matter what time of day I am scheduled to see her. This certainly pushes the limits of my willingness to wait, and takes a chunk out of my busy day. I still see Dr. Janicka because she is superior in her work, but I wish she would surround herself with competent help and improve her scheduling problem.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I made an appointment with Dr. Janicka three months ago for the end of December for a biopsy on possible cancerous nodules. Because of this, I was unable to visit family and friends for Christmas and my birthday. I got a letter two weeks before my appointment, stating Dr. Janicka would not be in the office for the day I was coming in. When I called, they said she wasn't in the office this week, either. My insurance changes over on the 1st of January, and they were trying to schedule me for February. It is unacceptable for a doctor to make appointments and cancel them two weeks before the date. What doctor takes off two weeks during the holidays? My fiance's father is a lung specialist with his own practice and he doesn't take vacations during that time of the year, EVER, because that's when his patients need him the most. This office is disgusting. The staff is very rude and can't even measure height correctly. Don't go here for care, you are just a wallet with legs to them.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Dr. J is wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone. The only problem is it is hard to get messages to her due to her being in many different locations. She does not always get these messages. If you are having the same problem I would talk to her as she will attempt to solve the problem. Since I spoke to her regarding this she fixed it for me and I am able to get any message to her. Her nurse is wonderful as well.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

Staff does not return URGENT calls. Dr. Janicka is very good, but her staff is not.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Anita E. Janicka's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 2002)

Harvard-Pilgrim