Ratings for Dr. Sohel M. Islam

I had an old hand injury that I did not know could be repaired. Dr Islam did it in his office. His work was excellent, his manner reassuring, and he has been available for progress updates, questions, and concerns. My husband has also seen him twice for a hand condition and an injury and was similarly pleased.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

When my injury (fingertip amputation) first happened I never imagined that my finger could ever look the same again. Just three weeks after Dr. Islam performed the surgery my finger looks as good as new. I will always be grateful to him and his staff at Ridgefield Ct. location for their reassurance that everything would be fine, taking all my nervous calls and answering all my questions with compassion. Thank you Dr. Islam I will be grateful to you forever.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Down to earth, excellent surgeon. I have had multiple procedures by him and am absolutly amazed by his work. Would recommend him to anyone and everyone I know.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

Best experience with any medical group any where! Top to bottom first class operation. Dr. Islam and his support staff, nurses and reception go out of their way to provide the most considerate care imaginable.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

Dr Islam is one of the best hand surgeon and plastic surgery. I had two failed surgeries and I finally went to Dr Islam and he fixed everything once and for all. I would recommend him highly

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

If you are considering using Dr.Islam for any cosmetic work please do yourself a favor and go somwhere else. I went for a septum repair/cosmetic work on my nose and came out worse than I was going into the surgery. Not only did i phsycially look worse I became unhealthy. I had developed a staph infection from the surgery and did not know it was staph until I got a second opinion. When i went for follow ups with Dr. Islam he proceeded to tell me that the pain/redness in the top of my nose was from a "cold sore". The first time another doctor looked at me he immediately thought staph. When I expressed my disatisfaction with the surgery he told me not to worry that he had never had to do surgery more than "twice". To make a long story short this man had complete disregard for my situation and I shelled out 5K of my own money to look and feel worse. Thank god I was able to find someone else who actually cared and helped fix my problems. I still to this day live with a minor staph infection

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. Sohel M. Islam's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1991)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union