Ratings for Dr. Aathi Thiyagarajah

I'm very young and felt very out of place going to this facility but I've been dealing with serious back issues for a few years and Dr T was the first doctor to actually take the time to find the issues I have and treat them. He was very pleasant with me and his PA he had with him was also pleasant I am recommending my disabled father to him due to how thorough and caring he was!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Condescending, arrogant and DOES NOT at all care about your well-being as a patient. Only cares if you need interventional procedures which insurance companies will pay top dollar for. The staff treats you like you're a drug-seeker as soon as you step foot in the practice. I highly recommend Pain Management Associates around the corner on 108 Montgomery Drive in Anderson. They are the largest Pain Management group in the southeast, and have nearly 30 doctors that are matched to you specifically, and cater to your exact needs. I have been to 3 different locations and the staff and doctors are very detailed, caring and friendly. They will target your needs and get you to living the most normal, functional life as possible.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

this doctor could care less about managing pain! He has a terrible bedside manner and he is very conceited and full of himself. Don't waste your time or your money!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I have been a grateful patient of Dr. T for 3 years and always leave with a smile. He is a sweetheart. The only complaint I have is that he has an extreme heightened sense of smell. I quit smoking but he can still smell it cuz my husband still smokes! So don't wear perfume or stink or he will not be happy. Weird but true!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Only shows interest if you want high dollar procedures. Dishonest. Rude staff. Long waits and short visits. Worse of the worse.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Let's start with rude, condescending, arrogant, impatient... My wife visited this doctor's office. The office staff treated her rudely when she needed help filing out the extensive paperwork. Had the paperwork been mailed ahead of the office visit, she would have gladly have had it prepared before arriving. However, the office neglected to mail it. To make an already bad matter worse, he personally yelled at her for being late (she was 15 minutes early, staff was at lunch) and taking too much time with the paperwork. He said that he needed to leave on time and would not see her. He also accused her of “bad behavior” when she is always extremely polite. But worst of all was when he assaulted her by pulling a chair out from under her legs causing them to fall to the floor resulting in much more pain and stress to her back and legs. This is absolutely unacceptable misbehavior by anyone, especially a doctor who she came to for help. I wouldn't even let this doctor treat a hamster.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

They did nothing but take my 250 dollars. I never heard from them again I called 30 some odd time and emailed every day they finally answered but pretty much said "oh go screw yourself" They used countless excuses as to why the hold up or what the problem was seeing me and once I finally had enough and accused them of just stealing my money they said, "oh we are not a pill mill you have us confuse" I wasn't looking for a pill mill I was trying to locate someone to really help me with the two disc that are collapsed in my back I have had this problem for 2 years and no one will do anything about it they say it will heal in time deal with it. Two years of not being able to walk or to need a cane to do so with no relief and no one listening just deal with it.... I wish tenfold on "DR." Thiyaga and his staff and there entire families!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

This is not the typical pain practice where you check-in and check-out with a bunch of narcotics with refills. They are mostly procedure oriented and if you are a pill seeker, you don't get a return call or visit. You are treated with respect as long as you are not a pill head, once you get into medication only option..they tend to lease you out to other providers in the area. I am a patient of Dr. Thiaga for almost 3 years and have no trouble in getting the help I need. I am not totally pain free but with a small amount of medication and occasional injections I am able to live a near normal life.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Dr. Thiyaga is an excellent Dr! He never tried to push medications on me like other Drs in the past. He was very helpful and explained my problem in a way I could understand. My first visit went great. His nurse was very caring she called me back and came in and asked me questions about my problem. At my previous Dr. the nurses were rude and short. when the Dr. came in he already knew who my other doctors were and details about my pain. He suggested I have a injection because I dont like pain pills. He told me his staff would call me to set it up. No one ever called. I had to call everyday after fnally getting through I was transferred to his manager she said she would "check into it and all me back" I never got a call back. It was the same way with getting in for a first apointment. me and my dr had to call multiple times weeks after referral was sent. lack of decent management is bringing this office down

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

You will never get refills. Dr.Thiyaga will demand you come in every single month for refills. This is not only a burden on Medicare but the patients as well. It doesn't matter to him if you never change medication. He will demand monthly visits and your co-pay or you lose. No making arrangements. I highly recommend you look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013