Ratings for Dr. Edward R. Dupay

Waited hours. Talked down to me and seemed shady.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I think he's an awesome doctor. He takes as much time as needed to explain. Things. He done a couple of my surgeries. I just think he's great

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr. Dupay. My rheumatologist immediately sent me to him due to m my profound juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Dr. Dupay did x rays and an mri and we decided to replace almost all of my joints. So far within one year he replaced both hips and both k knees. That was in 2011. The difference is amazing. After I see a hand surgeon and finish both hands, I'm going back to Dr Dupay for my elbows and shoulders. He did a great job explaining what would happen and why we are doing the surgeries in the order we're doing them In. I feel comfortable with each surgery he does. He talks to me so I understand and he understands why at my age (I had my first replacement at 29) I want all of this done. He has also showed med students and explained how each joint will be done and the name of each deformity which is very important to me; med students seeing it first hand. Dr. Dupay has been nothing but nice to me and even jokes with me. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

If you are in the Fort Myers Area I would not recommend Orthopedic Associates of SWFL. Over the past 2 years I have had multiple appointments with this practice each lasting well over 2 hours (and only spending about 5 minutes per visit with the surgeon). They will get you in right away when you call for an appointment, but then they make you sit there for hours. I had multiple MRIs done and they read the results wrong (probably b/c they were so rushed) so I have been walking around with a torn ACL for over a year which ultimately caused a meniscus tear, lots of pain, additional injuries, and fluid around my knee. Dr. Dupay told me that he would "not recommend" getting ACL surgery b/c he would not do it if he tore his ACL. The irony is that I am less than half of his age, very active, and well under 30 which any normal surgeon would recommend surgery instead of wearing a brace for the rest of my life (which he recommended). Don't waste your time or money with this practice.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Met with Dr Dupay and he described my options in detail. Soon after went into surgery and recovery is pretty much as he described. I was released from the hospital prior to a long holiday weekend and need pain more pain pills on Monday morning. I called the doctors office and was directed to a message system that informed me that my prescription would be refilled in 24-48 hours. I called back and asked to speak to a nurse I told her I was in pain (4 days after surgery) and needed pain pills immediately not 24-48 hours. The Gestapo head nurse told me to leavea message on the refill line. Told her that was not acceptable. She then accused me of not planning my call properly (I told her this was the first doctors working day after my release). She then accused me of taking too many pills (I told her to count the number of days and the number of pills I used and she would see I didn't abuse). She abruptly cut off the call and said she would try to get the Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

Dupay was very rude and insulting. He told me that I was stupid and "Just Plain Wrong." He obviously does not like nurse practitioners but I was his patient first and for him to treat me so nasty is totally uncalled for. His demeaning manner had me in tears. He told me to go back to anatomy 101 and in a belittling tone asked if I knew the difference between a DIP Joint and a Metacarpal. I had sought his help when an emergency room doctor told me that I should seek immediate attention for the loss of bone in my hand. The ER doctor eluded to the fact that bone-eating cancer was a real concern. Dr Dupay dismissed all my concerns, not putting my mind to rest but making sure that he touted he was right and everyone else is plain wrong. He went on to say, "It's obvious as a nurse practitioner you have never seen a cancer patient, because if you had you would not be asking these questions. Dr Dupay took every opportunity to put down my profession and insult my intelligence.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010