Ratings for Dr. Hany M. Gaafer-Ahmed

I have to say Dr. Hany Gaafer-Ahmed has been the worst horrible doctor. Shame on me to keep seeing this doctor giving him chances due to many patients he has which who knows who has been misdiagnosed. I have been seeing this doctor for few years and this Doctor still has the audacity in not knowing who are his patients. 4 years ago I had an ectopic of 6 weeks, when he gave me the news he did not explain whatsoever what is an ectopic and just sent me to the ER without an explanation, obviously didn't want to deal with it. Oblivious myself I went back to this doctor months later. This doctor is the type of doctor that if you have an emergency he will see you and take your money. He won't explain to you what is going on and just prescribe anything so you go home. I recently became pregnant and few weeks later I was bleeding had to go to the ER it was late at night. When I went back to the office for follow up "things were ok" he confuse me with another patient, did not read my chart, did not have any ethics matter and said I was going through a miscarriage without any manner with a laugh on his face !!!!! HOW DARE HE ! Then he realized that he "gave me bad news" Really!??? Without checking me (because I didn't let him to touch me after all that, he decided to just say "it will eventually come out itself" I left the room desperately devastated not knowing what to do!!! Not knowing what was wrong with me since I was not bleeding and not cramping. Luckily I found AMAZING doctors thru references the next day, who guided me, had compassion and went through the last step with me! I was going thru a miscarriage but it could have been an Ectopic! Dr. Gaafer was planning to just send me home and who knows what would have been of me ! I am now in good care of EXCELLENT doctors who care. THANK GOD! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR EVEN SEE THIS DOCTOR AGAIN.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I went to his office yesterday for a regular annual visit. Saw his good reviews online and decided to give him a shot since my previous gyno passed away. I have never had such a poor gyno experience. First of all- this office considers it a "consultation" if you talk to him about birth control so it won't be covered under preventable care unlike EVERY OTHER gyno that I am aware of. So he proceeds to do my PAP...I've had them done a few times before and I've never had one that was painful...this hurt so bad!!! The entire time he kept asking me if I was planning on getting pregnant and I insisted multiple times that I wasn't ready to at this point in my life.! Then without warning he proceeds to do a vaginal ultrasound! Which I thought was completely unjustified since I'm not pregnant. He proceeds to show me the screen and goes "see no baby in there...but there could be!" I'm 22 years old and not married. I don't want a baby now. How dare he try to convince me otherwise. I've never met such a chauvinistic or uncaring person let alone doctor. I cried my entire way home after the appointment. Never going back there.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

nice staff , very knowledgeable doctor, I recommend him

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I called to schedule an appointment and I did not have to wait, I got it for the next day. Which is surprising compared to other offices that I called. I have not yet gone to my appointment yet but so far it seems ok scheduling wise, I will update after I go for my visit.:)

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010