Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey D. Wade

Dr. Wade performed neck surgery on me to fuse c5, c6, c7. Overnight stay at the hospital. I went to the hospital in a great deal of pain that was not helped by pain meds. When I awoke from surgery I felt no pain at all. Short term of follow up Physical Therapy and I was 100% back to normal as if I'd never had a problem. Always on time for appointments and he has a great support staff who treated me like I was their only patient.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I had 2 surgeries by Dr Wade in 1999 (Partial Discectomy) and 2001 (Neck Fusion). I cannot believe the patients who say he is out to perform as many surgeries as possible. He always tried to find alternatives to surgery up to the point that the alternatives were exhausted and no pain relief in sight. The second surgery was my idea to forgo some of the alternative treatments in order to get the relief that I needed. I knew that his surgical expertise was impeccable. I would recommend him to anyone. I have lived in North Carolina for 15 years now and would still go back to him if I ever needed major surgery on my back or neck. For information sake, when it comes to spine surgery by Dr Wade vs. Neurosurgeon, compare the recovery times. My discectomy would have been a 6-month recovery before returning to work (according to a Neurosurgeon who gave me a second opinion at St Vincent's) compared to my actual (and estimated) recovery of 3 weeks by Dr Wade, after which I was able to lift anything I wanted with no limitations. My neck fusion was at home recovery of 2 weeks and returned to work again with no limitations other than some pain if working overhead for the 1st month.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Had minimally invasive back surgery. It worked!!!!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. Wade is awesome! I was told by a previous doctor that I needed MAJOR back surgery with all the rods, screws, etc. When I took my MRI pictures and x-rays to Dr. Wade, his diagnosis was that I didn't need all that. He said he would do it and it could help pay for one of his kids college educations, but it was NOT necessary. I could have kissed him! All that was needed was a laminectomy (a minimally invasive surgery) that TOTALLY solved my sciatica pain. He definitely knows what he's doing and I agree with others about his bedside manner. No, he doesn't sit and chat, but if you ask a question, he will answer it. I liked him so much that my husband had him do the same surgery just yesterday for sciatica and major numbness in his feet. So far, so good! No major issues with office staff!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Wade and his nurse , surgical team was awesome! The office staff, especially the main girl at the front desk is terribly. The girl who does scheduling could care less if and when you get any surger scheduled or any post op theraphy's done or not. They are very rude and inconsiderate!!! I don't think these rude people realize that if it weren't for these patients, they wouldn't gave a job!!! The next time I am face to face with this wonderful surgeon, I will tell him to check reviews and feed back on his office staff, they are causing him to lose patients including me!!! Not happy at all with them!!!

Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr wade is very nice. His staff is the rudest bunch of people I have ever met. I have had major problems since my surgery-still in pain. The lady that schedules procedures(? Angie?) doesn't return phone calls, when you finally complain enough to get her on the phone..she (just like all the other staff) is rude aND told me that all the pain I'm having "must be in my head". Really-?!?! I just called to schedule my 4 MO post op-I asked about a Friday appointment's and the receptionist's reply was "he doesn't do fridays". This goes to show you how a horrible, tacky staff can drag a doctors name through the mud.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I was in a severe car accident on March 19, 2008. Dr. Wade said, I was one of the worst case of neck injury he had ever seen. I had broken C3-C4 in my neck. I was told that I could be paralyze or at the worse case this injury could had resulted in death. I feel blessed to be working as a teacher still. I'm not saying I don't still experience pain in my neck and shoulder. What a blessing to be alive and watch my 3 boys grow. I feel Dr. Wade saved my life. I wouldn't recommend anyone but Dr. Wade to anybody for orthopedic procedures.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

I was told he was the best spine surgeon. What a joke, he performed a discectomy on me in July of 2011 and it was not successful. He does not spend alot of time with you and it seems as though he just wants to perform as many surgeries as he can so that he can make his big salary. his receptionist is also very rude and disrespectful. Any of you with spine issues should see a board certified Neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr.Wade is great, very smart and kind. His staff is great. He did my neck surgery 10 years ago and I have had to go back for a new problem and he was just as great as he was 10 years ago! I trust him with a big surgery . I would recommend him to anyone even my family. He is the best doctor .

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr Wade was wonderful. His office staff was the worst I have ever encountered in my 44 years. 3 days post op found I was allergic to pain med. Office staff told me they could not do anything after repeated phone calls to them. Lost paper work that after two weeks was only partially filled out. Will not return because of the horrible service I have received from his nurse and I am certain that if she had communicated any of my concerns to him he would have promptly dealt with them. He is a great Dr

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey D. Wade's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1990)