Ratings for Dr. Ian Alwayn

My husband was referred to Dr Alwayn for a consult. I was present on both visits. Dr. Alwayn is prompt, courteous and friendly. He put us at ease quickly when he delivered news we did not want to hear. He is very calm and mild mannered which made his delivery of the test results easier to bear. He explained everything very clearly and in easily understood language. He patiently answered all my questions. He carefully explained why and to whom he was referring us. He is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Very good surgeon. Desciribes each step of procedure in detail, replies every question one may have. Very patient and calm in nature. It is a priveledge to be his patient. Also has a good sense of humour.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr Ian Alwayn is a great surgeon and very personable which is important when you are worried about your results.I haven't had any other surgeons so I can't compare but I'm very pleased with his services.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

great surgeon,very knowledgable.It has been two years since my transplant and i feel great.I can hardly see the incision.good experience all around.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

This is a super Doctor at work. A very nice, polite, approachable, knowledgeable, Doctor. Seem`s to know his stuff around the liver area extremely well. Did an excellent job on my wife and saved her from a sure death in a short time. I don`t believe I have met a Doctor of this caliber before. If 5 is the best rating, he deservers a 10.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Dr Alwayne recently performed surgery on my liver, he truly is an amazing doctor! He's one of the nicest doctor's I've ever met and truly cares about his patients! He made me feel very comfortable with my whole experience as I had no idea what I was going to be dealing with but he made sure everything better... thanks so much for everything and your very caring ways...

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

My wife and i recently had a kidney transplant and were very fortunat to get Dr Alwayn, he walked us through every part of the procedure on a sunday night. It went very well after he had been work in the OR for app 15 hrs he stopped by on his way home (3:30am) to see if i was all right. Dr like this help us believe in the human race in times like this.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2010

He has been very good to my mother he is very niice and personable, she has recieved nothing but the best in care from him and his staff. Pam

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr Alwayn was so wonderful! Being a Nurse I usually see only the bad side of surgery's...the non-healing wounds and complications so I was very anxious when I found out I needed to have my Gallbladder removed. Dr Alwayn put me at ease, he never made me feel silly for being afraid of such a minor procedure and gave me all the information I needed! His receptionist is so kind and caring as well. She was so accomidating when my first surgery was cancelled due to a liver transplant. She did everything she could to squeeze me in. Thanks Dr Alwayn...I have never had any side effects and feel great!!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

I seen him today about gallbladder surgery and he was very helpful and caring and i feel confident he is the right doctor to do it

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010