Ratings for Dr. Michael O'Donnel

Cataract surgery resulted in blocking the release of fluid in upper chamber causing ocular pressure. Will not explain the condition, does not respond to questions on prognosis, or can it be treated. m . As a patient would want to know what is happening and about treatment but Conduct switches from friendly to temper tantrum and no answers.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I am so fortunate to have Dr. O'Donnell as my ophthalmologist! Dr. O'Donnell diagnosed me with an eye cancer 10 years ago and has provided many tests, treatments, as well as cataract surgery since the cancer treatments and radiation. Aside from his clearly outstanding surgical skills, Dr. O'Donnell has a very calm, gentle and reassuring bedside manner. He is very "down to earth" in explaining all that he is going to do and speaks in a language I understand. I am also very impressed with his office staff. They are caring, courteous and knowledgeable. Thanks to Dr. O'Donnell my eye remains cancer free and the cataract surgery was a complete success. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. O'Donnel is great. His staff are brutal tho. The office manager Sue treats all the people under her like they are garbage and useless, I watched her call the young lady at the desk stupid right infront of another patient. I asked for another Opthamologist based on this disgusting woman. Nobody deserves her vial attitude.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr O'Donnell since 2007. (Oct 2015 at this posting) Firstly, his last name has two "ll's" not one. I had a pre-glaucoma situation and after years of regular tests to ensure everything was Ok I've only recently been put on Xalatan drops for it. I've visited his office twice a year for 8 years (at least) and find his staff busy but excellent. I find Dr O'Donnell to be very capable and has always answered any questions I've had with very detailed responses often by showing me pictures or models to demonstrate what he was explaining to me. As to his "Punctually" I'm positive he is more interested in getting the information he needs from each appointment much more than he is concerned about his "being on time." Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. When I see him I'm sure he's spent the appropriate time to tend to what I NEED. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Better late then never but it needs to be said how grateful I am to you and your insight that there was something not right. Incredibly you were able to get me the help I needed by simply looking at my eyes; you are an amazing man and Dr; we are all very fortunate to have you. Your request for Dr. Atkins to see me led to a MS diagnosis. My family and I owe you many thanks , such a small word for everything you've done. All the best, Anita Veraan

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Rude, evasive , when asked what is causing the post operative surgery problem. "Don't know" when asked what can be done to correct the problem or its prognosis. When symptoms of blurriness and stinging of the eye are offered, he tells you there is nothing wrong with your eyes

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

kept me waiting in the office for 2hrs. finally he saw me at 11:00 for a 9:20appt. When asked about the delay his staff informed he was busy and they couldn't predict what his patients would require time wise. When I finally got into the room to see him, he left the office for 10-15 minutes. He looked at my eyes told me there was nothing wrong with them. despite the fact that they would not stop tearing up and were red and sore from all the tearing. The elderly patients in the office were also upset. you could hear them whispering about how long they had to wait. I will not go back to him. If they cant figure out how to schedule people within an acceptable timeframe they should take a course and stop overbooking.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. O'Donnell saw me on short notice while I was on holidays. He was very courteous, did not diminish my concerns even though they turned out to not be a serious issue, and he explained clearly and simply what was going on. With a pleasant Irish accent, I might add. Liked him very much. His staff were friendly and patient.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Love this guy. Excellent surgeon. Tells it like it is. You want a social director on a cruise ship? Go somewhere else. Want a eye surgeon - give Michael a call!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

My eight year old daughter has been a patient for four years!she is very comfortable with him and her first double eye surgery was better than expected with great recovery!have missed a couple appointments due to lack of communication with office staff!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014