Ratings for Dr. Michael O'Donnel

Have seen dr.odonnell for 8 yrs. I find him very good. Office staff.. O.k. Office manager rude,needs checking up on once in a while.(performance review would be a good idea) Had an appt.(with apt card in front of me! For 2.15. They say it's 2pm.!! Yes, I'm mad. I have to arrange ride and would have missed apt if I hadn't checked. Need to be more accurate in record keeping.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Time to retire. Unwilling to help a patient at risk of losing vision. It is completely unfathomable in his profession.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

This man saved my Mom's sight. Also, doctors Redpath and Yearsley were exceptional too. Are patients always on time? Do they want a good job or quick and sloppy. I admire him. His staff need training in time management and people skills though.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Very good opthomologist who is managing my pre-glaucoma and has performed one cataract surgery and one upcoming in January. He is fairly reserved individual, but is extremely professional and fully explains the issues / options. I am lucky to be able to see him on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Cataract surgery resulted in blocking the release of fluid in upper chamber causing ocular pressure. Will not explain the condition, does not respond to questions on prognosis, or can it be treated. m . As a patient would want to know what is happening and about treatment but Conduct switches from friendly to temper tantrum and no answers.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I am so fortunate to have Dr. O'Donnell as my ophthalmologist! Dr. O'Donnell diagnosed me with an eye cancer 10 years ago and has provided many tests, treatments, as well as cataract surgery since the cancer treatments and radiation. Aside from his clearly outstanding surgical skills, Dr. O'Donnell has a very calm, gentle and reassuring bedside manner. He is very "down to earth" in explaining all that he is going to do and speaks in a language I understand. I am also very impressed with his office staff. They are caring, courteous and knowledgeable. Thanks to Dr. O'Donnell my eye remains cancer free and the cataract surgery was a complete success. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. O'Donnel is great. His staff are brutal tho. The office manager Sue treats all the people under her like they are garbage and useless, I watched her call the young lady at the desk stupid right infront of another patient. I asked for another Opthamologist based on this disgusting woman. Nobody deserves her vial attitude.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr O'Donnell since 2007. (Oct 2015 at this posting) Firstly, his last name has two "ll's" not one. I had a pre-glaucoma situation and after years of regular tests to ensure everything was Ok I've only recently been put on Xalatan drops for it. I've visited his office twice a year for 8 years (at least) and find his staff busy but excellent. I find Dr O'Donnell to be very capable and has always answered any questions I've had with very detailed responses often by showing me pictures or models to demonstrate what he was explaining to me. As to his "Punctually" I'm positive he is more interested in getting the information he needs from each appointment much more than he is concerned about his "being on time." Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. When I see him I'm sure he's spent the appropriate time to tend to what I NEED. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Better late then never but it needs to be said how grateful I am to you and your insight that there was something not right. Incredibly you were able to get me the help I needed by simply looking at my eyes; you are an amazing man and Dr; we are all very fortunate to have you. Your request for Dr. Atkins to see me led to a MS diagnosis. My family and I owe you many thanks , such a small word for everything you've done. All the best, Anita Veraan

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Rude, evasive , when asked what is causing the post operative surgery problem. "Don't know" when asked what can be done to correct the problem or its prognosis. When symptoms of blurriness and stinging of the eye are offered, he tells you there is nothing wrong with your eyes

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015