Ratings for Dr. Brian L. Ratigan

Dr. Ratigan is good. Not great, but good. In my situation (trying to delay an inevitable knee surgery), that is passable. However, his staff would do better if they simply stopped showing up for work. About 3 years into my treatment plan, I fell and reinjured my knee. It was by no means an emergency, but I was in quite a bit of pain and I really did need to be seen - preferably by a doctor with whom I had an established medical history and a treatment plan. But you would think I was asking his staff to donate a kidney. They could not have been less accommodating. I ended up switching practices and physicians and am now much happier. I say, shop around. You want a dedicated sports medicine / full service orthopedic facility. Good ones exist in the area apart from SBO. You'll be better taken care of elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I could not be happier about Dr Brian Ratigan's surgery he performed on my right knee. I am a very active 70 yr old woman who has horses and train dogs. I fell and detached both pure and lower Quad muscles. I also tore up my meniscus and fractured the upper portion of my tibia. Dr Ratigan was referedto me and I called his office on Monday morning. They said for me to come right in. I did. I saw Dr R and after extensive tests was scheduled for surgery in three days. Because of the extensive damage and in particular the doctor said he felt it was not necessary to pin the fracture but I was to put absolutely NO weight in my leg for eight (8) weeks. For an old lady that's a LONG time but I did it. I am now in therapy and am progressing daily. I thank God I was up north and ode to Dr Brian Ratigan when the accident happened. Had I been in Central Florida with a bunch of blue haired geriatric patients

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Ratigan has a really great personality. Unfortunately, when it comes to treating complicated conditions, he is not very knowledgeable. Instead of being honest and telling me he couldn't perform a surgery, he told me I didn't need it. He only performed one part of the surgery, but not the crucial part. I am now awaiting at least two more surgeries to correct his mistake. I am seeing one of the best drs. in the world now and know I will finally get the treatment needed. Unless you're having a common surgery, I would absolutely not recommend Dr. Ratigan.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Ratigan did my . surgery in 2010 and put me through hell until I found a dr at a bone insitute, seemed to me that he was not in or very long. 2 weeks after surgery my hardware all fell out the screws lodged in my skin and my arm set up infection, I broke my humerous bone, I had to endure several surgeries, and I has A Fib, I would not recommend him to anyone. He has a great personality, is handsome but that don't get it when you mess up a surgery. I'am JUST beginning to get my life back,I went into deep depression and had imaginable pain. Thank God we found a surgeon who did it right.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Ratigan is the BEST Orthopedic Surgeon! He has been on the table for the same types of surgeries he does since he was a college and pro athlete. He can empathize and understands what you are going through. He is very good at what he does and is very good at explaining it to you. He takes his time with you, so this is probably why there is a long wait, but it is worth it, because he is the BEST doctor I have ever seen! He performed surgery on my shoulder and he did an amazing job. I highly recommend him and have already referred friends and family to him

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

Dr. Brian L. Ratigan's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2002)