Dr. Andrew Girvan

You may also like

Dr. Girvan was knowledgeable, to-the-point yet personable, and talked me through what I perceived to be a trying procedure (in retrospect, it wasn't, I am simply an anxious patient). The nurses were beyond effective and compassionate. Dr. Girvan talks quickly, but never down to you. He is sure of himself and I felt comfortable with him. He is also super cute!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Very helpful knows his stuff. Was running late but was worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Rude receptionist Appointment over an hour late Cocky

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I recommend Dr Girvan. 100%. The only negative.he speaks too fast. Lol

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

I would strongly recommend Dr. Girvan. He is very knowledgable and took the time to fully answer all my questions. He even managed to book me in for an early stent removal due to my vacation plans. I found his staff very friendly and accomodating. They really helped me out for scheduling appointments that worked for me. They even remembered to have a note for work ready for me on the day of my procedure. High marks all around. Thanks for everything.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I had a bucket of rudeness thrown at me from the time I walked in the door until I left. The sign on the wall, literally, says If your cranky, rude, etc., they will charge you $10. Very ironic. Receptionist rude from beginning to end, Dr Girvan doesn't understand that there is a fine line between being completely 'straight up' and completely rude. He is the most arrogant Doctor I've met in Ottawa. I went into the appointment with a very embarrassing issue that I expected to be handled with some empathy and support, what I left with is a sour taste in my mouth for Dr Girvan and company.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I have found Dr Girvan to be professional in every way when treating me over the past 3 years. He works through each situation with the same degree of acuity and arrives consensually at the best procedure for the current situation. Cancer is no fun but he is positive and reassuring and his knowledge has turned out to be right each time he has operated on me. I highly recommend him.It is rare you find compassion humour and exceptional competence wrapped in one surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

He is a urologist surgeon apparently specialist in traditional open prostate surgery (removal). He is relatively young and apparently up to date on medical knowledge in this field. His approach seems very factual and he will quote lots of statistics when it comes to discuss options which is great. But he is a "traditional" surgeon so you may detect a bit of bias towards that kind of treatment. Nevertheless he is open, honest in discussing options and has no problem referring you to others for consultation. His receptionist is not the warmest/friendliest person on the planet.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. Andrew Girvan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Girvan was knowledgeable, to-the-point yet personable, and talked me through what I perceived to be a trying procedure (in retrospect, it wasn't, I am simpl..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A great Dr, however, I find he never looks me in the eye. Not sure what to make of that !!!"

December 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very helpful knows his stuff. Was running late but was worth the wait. "

November 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient since 2011 and Dr. Girvan has been excellent in everything asked of him. I would recommend him to anyone needing a superb Urologist. "

November 4, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Rude receptionist Appointment over an hour late Cocky "

October 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I recommend Dr Girvan. 100%. The only negative.he speaks too fast. Lol"

September 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would strongly recommend Dr. Girvan. He is very knowledgable and took the time to fully answer all my questions. He even managed to book me in for an early st..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a bucket of rudeness thrown at me from the time I walked in the door until I left. The sign on the wall, literally, says If your cranky, rude, etc., the..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have found Dr Girvan to be professional in every way when treating me over the past 3 years. He works through each situation with the same degree of acuity an..."

December 2, 2014