Ratings for Dr. Tabu Van-Rooyen

Very good doctor minus the fact that it takes up to 3 weeks for an appointment. But very caring and great with kids.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I left this doctor and found another doctor. He is going to kill someone with his lack of knowledge. But it WONT BE ME!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I'm sorry. If you are really sick and have gone months without a diagnosis, lost your long term ability for insurance, lost your job and are still sick with daily headaches etc. I have been to him many many times with my health issues. Last time I was in, and you are very correct in saying, "he's always on vacation," I lost it. Have been seeking health advice from him to have him say to me quote, "do you want me to take that away too?" in regards to my drivers license. Didn't test me properly for MS, finally my chiropractor got to the bottom of this for me by addressing this issue. I then get a letter from him discharging ME from HIM! He states he can no longer be of service to me. He's got that right! I am very disgusted. He wouldn't fill out my required forms for long term after lung surgery...he said we'll wait and see what they offer you. Meaning he'll leave out pertinent information of my abilities simply saying that I cannot do anything! I lost my job. I am still undiagnosed with vertigo, headaches ringing in my ears, etc. His entire family work there. One nurse Kathy who has huge attitude and speaks to you with her mouth open while chewing her food. Unprofessional all around. I was a nurse and am appalled at this Dr. and his staff. He is definitely in a good place, out of South Africa and milking the Canadian Health care system with many dissatisfied patients left dangling. I am going to report him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

This man is taking advantage of the fact that there is a doctor shortage in Midland. He knows you can't leave him for another doctor because there are no other doctors available. However, in the long run, you'd be better off quitting him and just going to emerg because getting an appointment with this doctor takes weeks and months ... IF he's even in the country !!! Takes a LOT of vacations ! Doesn't display much integrity as a medical professional. Doesn't seem to be interested in practising family medicine in Canada ... just billing the government, drawing a healthy paycheck, and flying off to Rio !!! What a life !!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Not sure if this is van rooyen youre life in the medical clinic but i highly suggest staying away from this doctor who is about to loose his medical license might want to find another doctor or go see him walk away with hundreds of dollars of guinea pig prscriptions up too 7 mths of refills just goes to show you the knowledge of this man most drs would say okay try this i want to see you back here in a mth a couple of weeks very aggressive if you say a medication is not working for you quick to anger i just hope that these people on here are going in for regular heck ups because hes on vaction most of the time!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Excellent doctor, knows his stuff, very friendly. A very good doctor. He does his homework re reports before he sees you. Does not vacillate.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Absolutely excellent doctor. He has a great beside manner, he takes you seriously when describing symptoms, does not make assumptions but will refer you to a specialist. The wait may be a little long to get in to see him but I would rather wait to see a great doctor than to get in right away with a doctor that I have not faith in. We need more doctors like him

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Probably the best doctorI have had, though the wait times are usually a month to get in. (I would assume he has a large client base)

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Very good diagnostics and has contact with specialists as needed

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

This doctor takes far too many vacations. You'll wait 2 months or more for an appt. If you're looking for a family doctor, look elsewhere ; by the time you get in to see this doctor, you've already been to emerg and the problem was resolved long ago. So your appt. with this doctor becomes an unnecessary follow-up appt. that we all pay for through our taxes.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014