Ratings for Dr. Ahmer A Karimuddin

Honestly don't understand all of the great reviews. I've had two surgeries with him in the past two years and neither one has been a pleasant experience. Both times he insisted that he would talk with me after the operation but didn't. I found out from the nurse that he had gone home. In one of the surgeries he put in a seton after saying there was no need and then not even telling me about it afterwards. To top it off, he then went on vacation for a week so I had no idea how the surgery went or what this string was! He never seems to have time for me and just rushes out before I can ask my questions, he doesn't explain well what he is going to do or what he did and why. And frankly I font know if he does a hood job since my most recent is now infected. After talking to other doctors, they all said I should have been put on antibiotics from the start but i had to go into the er and now am just starting antibiotics. Overall, I'm not impressed and if these antibiotics don't work I'll be looking for a new surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Karimuddin is hands down the best doctor I have ever encountered. I had been going through a 3-year battle with a "mysterious" pain in my bottom that went undiagnosed and misdiagnosed by 2 previous specialists. After seeing Dr. Karimuddin, he saw the pain I was in, took his time, assessed every bit of facts I gave him and properly diagnosed me. A piece of info that was met with "that gets worse as you get older" by one doctor was interpret as a vital piece of info from Dr. Karimuddin. He had me change all of my previous ways of dealing with the issue and gave me some amazing advice. I walked into his office having had an incredibly low quality of life due to the nature of the condition and 3 months later, my quality of life improved drastically. My condition had me at 10% and with the doctors help I got up to about a 70% which was huge! In order to go to 100%, I required surgery which he performed. Dr. Karimuddin saved my life and cared for me when no one would. I have no words to thank him enough. He is truly passionate about what he does, constantly improving his practice and knowledge. Other CRSs' that I had seemed to not care as much, but Dr. K keeps up to date on latest best practices and procedures. I don't care how long it takes to see him, it's better to wait and see a competent specialist than it is to see someone who isn't and who causes more damage to the area. Thank you Dr. K, you're a real hero to many people.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I do not have enough words to praise this wonderful doctor. He treated both my wife and I and we both feel a depth of gratitude for his skill, knowledge, and genuine caring. He spared both of us from having to have more radical and more invasive surgeries.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The best doctor I have ever had to deal with. he helped me with no problems and was very nice as well as his staff

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Just fistula surgery done by Dr. Ahmer karamuddin no pain he's simple the best

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

Went to see him after two surgeons could not fix my problem. He was patient, understanding and although there was a long wait, he fixed my problem. Would recommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Great surgeon, changed my life for the better, unfortunately very long wait times for routine surgery ;(

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr K .. Hands down an exceptional doctor! As an RN and as a recovering rectal cancer patient my praise couldn't be higher. Intelligent, innovative, practical and compassionate. Don't even want to think about we're I would be now if it wasn't for his skill set. He referred me to a colleague for other treatment options. Explained in detail options and risks his procedure would entail. At times it wasn't any easy road, but his character shone thru with his availability, bedside manor, step by step info as needed and walked alongside us during this difficult time. My family and I are forever grateful for his service.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr Karimuddin is amazing!! He recently performed colon surgery on my son who has been suffering terribly with Crohn's disease. He is so informative and takes time to listen to all your concerns. He has a great bedside manner. So friendly and puts you at ease. It's only been 4 weeks since my sons surgery but he already feels like a new man. He's only 18 and I feel this surgery has given him a new lease on life! Thank you so much!!! Your the BEST!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

this man and his staff has saved my life.I now live a better life because of DR. Karimuddin and his surgical staff.the team of doctors at St. Paul Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014