Ratings for Dr. Arthur M. Townsend

I had to wait in the office prior to my appointments for several hours on many occasions. At 33 weeks I began having severe problems with my pregnancy and had to be induced. During the induction he decided to call it off since my son seemed to be "doing better" in utero,and I wasn't progressing. After tinkering with my cervix during the induction, Dr. Townsend then let my pregnancy progress to 42 weeks (he refused to induce around my due date because I wasn't dilating- keep in mind they had already attempted and failed at an induction) and during labor, my son's head was too large to pass so I wound up needing an emergency c-section when my son's vitals were practically non-existent. He later dropped me as a patient because of my problems during pregnancy saying that I was a difficult case that he didn't want to deal with. Very unprofessional. Now I've had to deliver my youngest 2 via c-section due to his negligence with my pregnancy. I think this was all unavoidable. >:[

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013