Ratings for Dr. Filomena Meffe

Dr. Meffe helped me through 2 miscarriages in row. She was very caring, helpful and a wonderful support. She has very busy schedule, but she monitored me for two weeks on any possible time in days, over the phone or even in late evenings, after her scheduled visit times. Her assistant called me almost every day to make sure I am doing fine. I feel safe and supported while I am under her care. However, the St Michaels prenatal and gynecology clinic staff do very poor in scheduling appointments. They even refused to book me an early pregnancy appointment as suggested by Dr. Meffe and I had to argue them several times for appointments.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr Meffe cared for me during both of my pregnancies and I was lucky enough to have her deliver both my children also. She is a fabulous doctor, a level-headed human being and an excellent caregiver. I would recommend her to anyone that I love and care for. I felt completely taken care of at every stage of my pregnancy because of Dr Meffe. I cannot stress enough how much I trusted her. She was firm and direct and compassionate all at the same time. She is incredible and I feel very lucky to have had her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I just love her ! she is sooooo calm and confident .. I had a TERRIBLE experience with Dr. Derzko and I switched to Dr. Meffe WHAT A DIFFERENCE.. I had my second c-section and it was great .. she is so knowledgable and confident and she takes her time answering all of my concerns, thanks to Dr. /derzko who made me feel that my baby wasn't healthy eventhough there wasnt any alarming indication..I strongly recommend her for every expecting mom

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Highly disappointed. I have been seeing her for two years and then got an appointment refused. Never happened with me with any other specialists that a patients would be turned down by doctor after having a history built with them. You would think that if you have Endo the doctor would realize it is a constant condition and not be like " oh there is nothing wrong with you now....soo shuuu". Don't try and have a history with her because she will turn you down whenver she is too busy. I can't believe this frankly. First I was told I only need to come in for a check up once in a while. When I called in after 1 year they were like oh but you have not been here for a while so go back to your family doctor. Pure nonsense. Can't believe doctors can get away with stuff like this

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Meffe last year before my surgery. I learned more from here is a couple of hour visit than I had in three years with other doctors. She was very compassionate and shared her knowledge in a comforting way. When I awoke from my surgery she was there and explained everything to both myself and my family. She answered every question we had. A month and a half later at my follow up I still received excellent care from her. I could not have asked for a more understanding doctor. I would recommend anyone to her. She took a very upsetting event in my life, and with her knowledge and compassionate understanding it went better than I could have ever expected.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I waited 90 mins for a scheduled appointment with her. I got fed up of waiting. Even the scheduler/assistant was surprised I was waiting so long. I rescheduled. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I feel very lucky to be a patient of Dr. Meffe. She is incredibly knowledgeable, approachable and kind. She performed surgery and it could have not gone smoother - she is a fantastic doctor. Anybody that can have Dr. Meffe look after them/ perform surgery is in great hands and is lucky.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr. Meffe is so great. When my wife was pregnant she used to go to se her twice a month.

Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Meffe was a fantastic doctor. She works as part of a group of Doctors and when she was away I always felt the same level of care and support she provided. She was totally on top of things when she noticed a skip in my baby's heartbeat and set me up for follow up ultrasounds right away and scheduled a consult with a pediatric cardiologist in case the problem did not correct itself in utero. I couldn't have been happier with the care I received.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Meffe this fall when imaging tests showed a very large cyst on my left Ovary. She performed surgery to remove it and the procedure went really well - she able to keep my ovary and fallopian tube and perform the surgery laparoscopically. Dr Meffe is incredibly kind, approachable, proactive and caring. I feel very very lucky.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014