Ratings for Dr. Andrew Beischer

Do not go to see him most rudest person I’ve ever met.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I had a consultation with Andrew Beischer and even got private health insurance to see him as he refuses to see you otherwise. Was in and out in 5 minutes and he was completely dismissive of my chronic arthritic condition and pain. Thought he may have had an off day but realise that's what he's like after reading all the other bad comments. For that reason, I don't trust him and will find someone else. Doesn't seem to like people or his job much and I understand why people have made such negative comments. What a shame and waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Andrew Beischer was terrific when I saw him for my daughters football ankle injury. We found him extremely friendly, helpful and supportive. He took the time to explain all the mechanics of the injury and the treatment. His ‘apprentice Scott Taylor was also fantastic. Could not recommend them both highly enough.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Rude, arrogant and overpriced. Charged over $150 just for 15 minutes to complete part of an insurance form. His so called surgery has left my wife with more pain than she ever had prior to him picking up the scalpel. The results of the surgery never came close to what he claimed he could achieve. In hindsight we wish we'd gone with the another lower priced surgeon who advised a simpler procedure. Unfortunately we fell for the thinking that he must be good if he charges so much.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Rude, condescending, and unhelpful. While I realise that he must be very good in some areas, he showed zero interest in my foot problem, failed to listen while I explained, and insisted that I had a stress fracture, despite diagnostic MRI and bone density scans showing no evidence of this. Problem was eventually diagnosed as bursisitis leading to complex regional pain syndrome. Please, please give your money to someone else. This man doesn't deserve it.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Saw Dr Beischer in 2005 have been to others around Australia no one comes close to his knowledge, skill and understanding

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Well it''s now 5 months post op and I could not be happier. In the end Andrew performed a text book Subtalar Arthrodisis (Fusion) and although the progress has been slow it has been fantastic. I can walk properly for the first time in over 6 years. Perfect, Dr Beischer is definitely not, but a bloody fantastic surgeon he is. He is straight to the point but open to suggestions . The one thing Andrew is absolutely passionate about is post op recovery and the need to take ownership and take things slowly. Be conservative and reap the rewards is a common thread amongst his team. The team at the Victorian Foot and ankle clinic are professional to a fault but it's a two way street so don't expect compassion if you treat the team with contempt and trust me Iv'e seen it happen. I have nothing but praise for this entire group and will forever be thankful for the guidance, support and surgical expertise. Thank You. Barry Monaghan

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

I'm shocked to see so many substantial reviews of Dr Beischer and his rooms. My experience has been nothing short of excellent. I was referred to see Dr Beischer with an unusual and old pre-existing injury. After my initial and following subsequent consultation he proposed both surgical and non-surgical options. His recommendation was to pursue the non-surgical route - a surgeon to not recommend surgery!! I obviously can't comment on his surgery skills, but he answered all of my questions as directly as possible. Highly recommend Dr Beischer to anyone needing a referral to a foot surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

I am a 50 year old male who is probably a bit overweight. 5 Years of misdiagnosis resulted in an arthritic and degenerative ankle that nobody seem to be able to fix but Andrew identified the problems on the first visit and explained the surgery required. Although it is only 3 weeks since surgery I can only be full of praise. Great surgery, excellent prognosis, but you have to follow the surgeons advice religiously. You need to trust Mr Beischer and not rush things. Looking forward to the future and reporting my progress . Barry Monaghan

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

If you want your ankle destroyed, go to this guy. Rude arrogant, unhelpful after dodgy surgery. Could not help after messing up my ankle.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017