Ratings for Dr. Igor Huzicka

I recently had major surgery at a well-respected hospital by a well-known surgeon. After surgery I was wheeled to my room to begin a 3-4 day recuperation period. That day Dr. Huzicka was on the floor of the hospital to ensure everything was going smoothly. I was given a patient-controlled analgesia pump with some instructions. When I experienced some discomfort I pressed the button and soon fell asleep. Unfortunately I was given too much medication and the O2 sensor had not been connected to me by the hospital staff. My wife noticed that I was not moving and that I had stopped breathing, and had started to turn blue. She frantically went into the hallway to search for help. The first person there was Dr. Huzicka. He quickly diagnosed the problem, ordered the needed medication, and assisted the crash team to help restore my breathing. By all accounts that have been supplied to me, it was his quick and decisive action that prevented what could have been an avoidable tragedy. He is humble about the whole episode and his only comment to me is that he was just doing his job. My response to him was "nonsense". This was not an ordinary day of patient rounds and his quick actions prevented something terrible from happening. He has been solid in his diagnosis and clear in his explanations the whole time I have been in his care. I give him my highest personal recommendation.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I have found Dr. Huzicka to be not just a 'doctor', but a true 'physician', in every sense of the word! The doctor & his staff, are on time with their appts., & ready for me when I arrive. When he comes into the exam room, he greets me w/ a smile, and immediately puts me at ease. Dr. Huzicka is extraordinarily well trained/studied/researched, in all of the areas, which a good Internal Medicine physician must be. He's a great listener, something we all look for! He is very good at explaining health issues, & providing the necessary information, for a patient to make a well informed decision. I believe he must do a great deal of research in his spare time, as he's always prepared to discuss any issue, w/ a great deal of *current* knowledge. I believe him to be an above average diagnostician, as well. That is critical in medicine! Finally, I really do believe, that Dr. Huzicka has the 'real love' of, and for, the science of medicine. He's a real asset to our medical community! AAA+++

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr. Igor Huzicka's Credentials

• Pacific Medical College (Grad. 1997)

Banner Health