Ratings for Dr. Jay B. Gordon

Wow! I should have looked here before bothering to call! And even with his low ratings, he's #6 of 23 doctors in Brick!? That's scary!! Got Dr. Gordon's name for ADHD coaching from the doctor that did my neuro-psych testing to confirm my ADHD. I left a message for the office manager and didn't hear back. After a week I remembered I called / they didn't call back. I called and left another message on a Friday after hours for the manager and general mailbox. Late monday, I called again, got a woman who defended the office manager for not calling back for over a week and for her not calling from my message late Friday (we're real busy). She says 'now that we're speaking, what questions do you have'. Their website says they do ADHD coaching remotely (on the phone / web / etc. ). Their Toms River office is too far for repeated drives there. She barks that they don't do remote coaching (and with my ADHD, I forgot that their website specifically says they do that to point out the discrepancy). I hang up. Then on Wednesday afternoon, she calls - 'I have a message that you called? How can I help you'. (so 3 day turn around time). I write the doctor how I'll go elsehwere - your staff doesn't return calls and are rude when you get them on the phone. And give out different info from your website. He said they are new?! There's reviews here from years ago. Go elsewhere! You need someone more compassionate and with a better staff than this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I saw dr. for many yrs to treat depression. Things were going no where so he suggested to try an associate. The changing of drs. happened at the time of the Sandy Storm. It would have helped to talked to someone I knew and was conforfable with. He would not see me and when I needed paperwork signed he had an attitude. I have changed practices. Sometimes smaller is better they care about you not just the money. If you have an emergency they have a beeper.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Terrible doctor! Never actually talked to my son. He just pushed a parenting course for $600 and his adhd cd's for another hefty fee. He is clearly only interested in making money not helping people.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

My family doctor suggested I get some help for the attention and organization problems I have been having ever since I fell and hit my head last year. I then went for an initial consultation with this mental health counselor who was in my insurance provider book. I really had no idea what to expect, but I will never return to this guy's office. He was clearly disinterested, totally unknowledgeable about anything to do with the thinking problems I was having, rushed, and QUITE full of himself. I since got a referral to a real, qualified neuropsych doctor and even didn't mind paying for the out of network extra fee to see a truly serious and educated professional who can actually help me.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012