Ratings for Dr. Shafiq Akbar

Horrible bed-side manner!!! Very knowledgeable though doesn't seem to care less. Assistant is not very polite either.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Very poor bed side manner. She is very curt and actually quite unprofessional in that she made disparaging remarks about my Family Doctor! Could not believe it and now checking out a complaint with College regarding her comments about my Doctor's treatment protocol (and her rating is stellar on any review site, unlike Akbar). Do not go to this Doctor if you have Fibromyalgia, you are treated less than human by her if you are diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

De Akbar is very professional and helpful, I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I recommend this place to everyone ,"If you are looking for the professional and caring place with awesome doctor and want to check and the only great place to go ". Really a great doctor...

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have seen Dr.Akbar a couple of times. It took close to 9 months to get in to see her the first time. Once there , the wait time was an hour and half to get in. She gave me a thorough exam and ran some test. Never heard from her again. I called to make a follow up appointment and had to wait 6 months to get in. On the second visit she adjusted my meds and told me my GP would handle everything from here no need to rebook any follow up visits with her. During the winter months things had taken a turn for the worse and I was desperate to get an appointment as my GP could offer no further help. First available appointment was 6 months away. Too long wait times for me.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I have seen her several times now and have found she is not very punctual for her appointments. First time, I waited over 90 minutes and then was rushed through the appointment. Seemed too focused on other issues that were not her concern. Second time, after waiting 35 minutes she took a bit more time and prescribed Plaquenil in addition to the methotrexate. Third visit was a bit more punctual and she seemed to be more relaxed and friendlier. Her knowledge comes across a bit better when she isn't acting so superior.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I've seen her twice now and had to google to find out more about my diagnosis from her outside of just the name. I told her I wanted to take more of a holistic approach to manage my symptoms versus medications and all she has had to tell me both times is to take the medication she prescribes. Also I have only seen her twice and both those appointments equal less then an hour of her time. I think I have seen her for a max of 20 minutes at a time.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

This can not be the same doctor I recently saw. I have Sjogren's related RA. Now on permanent LTD I was referred to her. The first words out of her mouth were :I don't know why I'm seeing you" She then proceeded to repeat constantly that I did not have Sjogrens. She then mentioned that I had been in the office in 2006 and saw one of her colleagues. I replied yes, that was the man who diagnosed me. If looks could kill, I would be dead. She immediately closed my file, shut off her computer and said "You have fibromyalgia" Dear Dr. Ackbar Sjogren's could possibly kill me, so to shove me into a category that is an enigma at best, especially with my IBS and low IgA is irresponsible and arrogant. It would have taken you nothing to pursue my situation a little further. You were cold, dismissive and condescending. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

I drove 4 hours to see Dr. Akbar and was so pleased with my appointment. I got diagnosed and she was very thorough with treatment going forward.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Akbar was attentive, fairly punctual, thorough, and offered great suggestions and a treatment plan. I felt heard and validated. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015