Ratings for Dr. Ivan Wong

Had a nasty break of my tibia and fibula resulting from a motorcycle accident. He fixed it up and now I am good as new. I must say the nurse in recovery at the Hamilton General was burned out. I should have told him, she gave me my pain med in 1cc incraments which did nothing to alleviate the pain of the 2" screw in my leg. When I asked for more she asked me if I was on recreational drugs. I was terrified of her because the pain was unbearable and she was playing a power trip. I should have reported her, so if this happens to you, tell Dr Wong, he is the best.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

This doc is extremely busy. afterbwaiting in the siting room for a long time I met him and his students. He was very caring and explained to me the difficulty of trying to preserve my hip. I have a lot of confidence in his explanations and he even told me when he didn't know something for sure. I'm really impressed. But I'm still nervous for surgery.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Traveled halfway around the world to meet this Doc. Worth every penny. Was able to rebuild my shoulder. Now I can sleep again without pain. It did take a long time to heal like he said it would, and I definitely did my part for rehab... again like he said it would. Would recommend to everyone I like.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Probably the most knowledgable doctor I've ever had. Got referred because everyone else said nothing could be done. He showed me the massive tear I had and how he could rebuild it from scratch. Amazing. And he even recorded it for me. Just amazing

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

This man repaired my hip issue which was from birth when I was younger (at the qe2) he is an amazing, knowledgeable & very respectful doctor. 4 years ago I had my surgery & my other hip has yet to start to deteriorate. He is great but a little busy and off schedule.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I have had been told my hips were bad and to live with it until my hip replacements. I'm 31. Finally I was referred to dr wong and he showed me the problem and how he could fix it through small incisions with a camera. I wish more people would learn what he does so we can see him sooner and not have as much pain before.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Wong discovered that my right hip injury was much worse than he expected (as revealed by the xray & mri). He went in believing it was a straight-forward femoral & acetabular osteoplasty & labral repair. He was shocked by what he found, but he repaired what he could, with what he had available at the time. I go back to see him next week, to talk about our next steps...as there is extensive damagethat will require further intervention. I am very pleased with his knowledge and approach, as well as his straight-forward honesty about my condition. Great surgeon, all around. Even though I will likely require a total hip replacement, I would recommend him to anyone. Very professional.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I've had my shoulder repaired twice and twice it has failed. Dr Wong fixed it completely trough micro surgery with a graft and even filmed it for me. It was amazing. Already it feels like I can go back to hockey and it's only been a week. Very skilled surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr Wong is amazing. He just fixed my hip and I'm back to playing hockey better than I ever was before!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I have been a patient of dr Wong for several surgeries. i have had a successful result and am forever grateful to have my life back. I can't believe some people only complain about waiting for him since he is so busy. In my books he's the best there is.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Dr. Ivan Wong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Dalhousie (Grad. 2003)