Ratings for Dr. Ivan Wong

Probably the most knowledgable doctor I've ever had. Got referred because everyone else said nothing could be done. He showed me the massive tear I had and how he could rebuild it from scratch. Amazing. And he even recorded it for me. Just amazing

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

This man repaired my hip issue which was from birth when I was younger (at the qe2) he is an amazing, knowledgeable & very respectful doctor. 4 years ago I had my surgery & my other hip has yet to start to deteriorate. He is great but a little busy and off schedule.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I have had been told my hips were bad and to live with it until my hip replacements. I'm 31. Finally I was referred to dr wong and he showed me the problem and how he could fix it through small incisions with a camera. I wish more people would learn what he does so we can see him sooner and not have as much pain before.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Wong discovered that my right hip injury was much worse than he expected (as revealed by the xray & mri). He went in believing it was a straight-forward femoral & acetabular osteoplasty & labral repair. He was shocked by what he found, but he repaired what he could, with what he had available at the time. I go back to see him next week, to talk about our next steps...as there is extensive damagethat will require further intervention. I am very pleased with his knowledge and approach, as well as his straight-forward honesty about my condition. Great surgeon, all around. Even though I will likely require a total hip replacement, I would recommend him to anyone. Very professional.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I've had my shoulder repaired twice and twice it has failed. Dr Wong fixed it completely trough micro surgery with a graft and even filmed it for me. It was amazing. Already it feels like I can go back to hockey and it's only been a week. Very skilled surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr Wong is amazing. He just fixed my hip and I'm back to playing hockey better than I ever was before!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I have been a patient of dr Wong for several surgeries. i have had a successful result and am forever grateful to have my life back. I can't believe some people only complain about waiting for him since he is so busy. In my books he's the best there is.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I can't believe this guy is getting good reviews. One person stated that he saw Ivan in the Maritimes. I get it is possible that he has changed his superiority complex since leaving Ontario. My last experience with Dr Wong was sitting in a waiting room with 30 other people, for over 2 hours, just waiting to be told that he was leaving Ontario. For my money Dr. Dale Williams is at the top of the list. You can't do better than Dr. Williams

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I have been told my shoulder cannot be fixed by several shoulder surgeons. Only when I was referred by my therapist to see Dr. Wong did I have an option to have surgery. He did this a year ago now, and I must say, this doesn't bother me, but in fact my other shoulder is more sore, and this shoulder which gave me so much trouble for so many years is my good shoulder.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Thanks for putting me back together after a snowmobile accident. 9 hr. Operation.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Dr. Ivan Wong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Dalhousie (Grad. 2003)