You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ivan Wong

I have been offered surgery in many places for my hips since I was trying to be a professional athlete. I even travelled to the US where they said I needed surgery. I did go to Vail, and did have my surgery done but the pain continued after surgery. I searched out Dr. Wong since I heard he had great skills. He did an amazing job at repairing my labrum that didn't heal and then repaired my cartilage too. I'm early in my recovery but I can already feel a difference and that the pain I had before has gone away.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I went in with hip pain, expecting to be told it was a part of life but instead was told I needed surgery on both sides. I am a runner and in training for a marathon. Dr. Wong sent me to physio to give me my best shot at being strong enough for a marathon and surgery. I'm on a waiting list for both hips. Having to wait 1-3 years is frustrating but not the fault of Dr. Wong or his team.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Best surgeon I've met. Was honest about what he saw on the MRI, and told me what he thought the realistic outcomes would be. Sure enough, I'm better that what he predicted. He showed me the surgery on video. Great experience. Long rehab, but it has been a long overdue injury. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Amazing skills. Watched my surgery and see exactly where my pain was coming from. I knew it would work because he gave me a numbing injection before and it took my pain away.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

My hip has been hurting for a long time. Was sent to the states originally because no one in canada would operate on me. Dr Wong said it would be difficult but agreed to be my surgeon. I'm glad we have such a skilled and amazing doctor in canada. My hip surgery was just last week and I can already tell my pain from before is gone. Just wish there were more like him!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

Waited a long time for surgery. 3 years from the time I saw him. Glad I did. My shoulder now works again! He is he best. I'm so happy when everyone else said it couldn't be done. I know why his wait is so long. It's worth it.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I have been wanting to get surgery by this doctor for over a year and a half and was told by Emily that it would be another 2 year wait. When I saw him the 2nd time he was too much in a rush to answer any of my questions, would not recommend this doctor

Submitted March 9, 2016

Saw dr Wong present on my shoulder problem. It is exactly what I have and the exact problems I am experiencing now. Wish I had gotten him to fix it before. Now am just waiting to see him and have my shoulder properly fixed.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Caring, professional, skilled. That's all I can say

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Ivan Wong's Credentials

• Dalhousie (Grad. 2003)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been offered surgery in many places for my hips since I was trying to be a professional athlete. I even travelled to the US where they said I needed surg..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went in with hip pain, expecting to be told it was a part of life but instead was told I needed surgery on both sides. I am a runner and in training for a ma..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best surgeon I've met. Was honest about what he saw on the MRI, and told me what he thought the realistic outcomes would be. Sure enough, I'm better that what h..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing skills. Watched my surgery and see exactly where my pain was coming from. I knew it would work because he gave me a numbing injection before and it took..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had surgery by dr Wong. He was very caring and considerate. Came and spoke with me and showed me the video of my surgery. hes a wonderful surgeon. "

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My hip has been hurting for a long time. Was sent to the states originally because no one in canada would operate on me. Dr Wong said it would be difficult but ..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Waited a long time for surgery. 3 years from the time I saw him. Glad I did. My shoulder now works again! He is he best. I'm so happy when everyone else said i..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been wanting to get surgery by this doctor for over a year and a half and was told by Emily that it would be another 2 year wait. When I saw him the 2nd ..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saw dr Wong present on my shoulder problem. It is exactly what I have and the exact problems I am experiencing now. Wish I had gotten him to fix it before. Now ..."

March 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Caring, professional, skilled. That's all I can say"

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow. Can't believe he rebuilt my hip from scratch. I can tell it's getting better but I didn't even know I caused so much damage. Glad I got to see him when I d..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Waiting a long time to see him. Now I know why his wait time is so long. His approach to treatment was to get me as much function as possible. I was always told..."

February 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing. All I can say. He showed me my surgery. Literally! Don't know how he does it but amazing. I'm back to doing what I want to do. My hip feels great and ..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was referred to many docs. Took the time to explain why it was difficult to reconstruct my shoulder and why previous surgeries from other good surgeons didn't w..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Wait time was long, the care was average and his attitude was arrogant. He seems good, but nothing exceptional. He was trying to sell me on some very expensiv..."

February 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong is by far the best orthopaedic surgeon. Wait time to see him is long but worth it. I love his approach on pre/post surgery treatments. It is obvious tha..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Incredible guy. Very knowledgeable with a friendly bedside manner. I'm waiting for my arthroscopic FAI & labral tear surgery now, but I'm confident that i'll b..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Overall great man. Caring. Knowledgable. Skilled. He easily diagnosed and treated my hip labral tear. I'm glad I got it fixed and now am back to my sports bette..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been dislocating my shoulder for years. No one could fix me but now dr Wong put a new piece of bone in my shoulder. I have a tiny scar and I'm all better. ..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong was able to fix my shoulder. I was dislocating it almost daily and he said he could to it all with keyhole surgery. It was very impressive and now I hav..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong fixed my knee after being in a huge amount of pain for two years. Ever since surgery it feels like I have a bran new knee"

November 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had to quit all my sports for the past two years. Finally someone was able to diagnose and treat my FAI and labral tear. Now I'm well on the way to recovery a..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr Wong fixed my hip. Feeling like a new man with a new lease on life!"

October 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My hip was hurt in a car accident. I was treated for back pain and pelvis pain but finally dr Wong found a Labrador tear. He did fix it and now I am able to sta..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a competitive athlete. When I injured my shoulder I thought my career was over. Several doctors told me I'd never be able to compete again. Thankfully dr W..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had patellar tendinitis for years. Tried everything with physio and even wanted surgery. Dr Wong was recommended to me as he did PRP injections under ultrasou..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Pain in my hip is all gone now. Surgery went well but the rehab is hard. Dr Wong told met would be and he wasn't lying. I'm slowly rebuilding my strength but I ..."

September 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "best doc ever. Fixed my shoulder and now I'm back at hockey better than I was before I dislocated my shoulder. Thanks doc!"

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Successful surgery. What can I say. He tells it how it is. Good and bad. And let's me know I'm part of the recovery. Great surgeon. Caring. And good team that w..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm 2 years after Dr Wong fixed my hips. I must say I have never felt better. All my pain has gone and I'm able to do the things I want to do better than I reme..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Office very prompt with emails. Phones are busy usually. Great care to make sure our issues are addressed. "

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my hip repaired with new cartilage. Now feeling much better. Wish I had done this earlier. Looks like lots of other people need to see Dr Wong too because..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing. Fixed my sons shoulder and hip. Would recommend to anyone you care about"

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a blessing to the east coast. Great skills to be able to have this top doc in Halifax. "

August 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had shoulder pain for years. Can't believe I can now sleep without pain. It's the best feeling and I can't thank Dr Wong enough. His team was great to help me..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong operated on my hip and was able to fix a large piece of cartilage that was torn with a new product called Cargel. I must say rehab is hard in that I cou..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was recommended to go see Dr. Wong since I've had pain in my hip for years and no one could figure it out. My physiotherapist said that he has helped many of ..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I searched out Dr Wong since he's operated on high profile athletes. Sure enough he treated me well and showed me my own surgery. My hip is much better but I re..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong was recommended to me by many of his patients. I must say he lives up to all his recommendations. Surgery went great and now I'm back to all my activiti..."

July 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Wong by another surgeon when he was still associated with the Hamilton McMaster Hospital. He did the initial treatment and diagnosis for a..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doc is great. Emily and his team make everything go faster. Even though there's a long wait for care I think he has a great team to help us through"

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgical skills. Can seem to do things when others have said there is no options left."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My son injured his hip playing hockey. We heard the news about bone spurs causing hip pain. Sure enough he had them. Now he's fixed. Thanks doc"

July 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "wouldn't want my surgery by any other doc. Very caring, thoughtful and skilled. I think he has developed many of these procedures and other docs are flying to H..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My shoulder was popping out all the time. Had it repaired by multiple docs but it always failed after. Had it redone again by Dr Wong and it has been working fi..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent caring doc. Emily is great and helpful too. You're well taken care of by his team. "

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Knew his stuff. I've seen so many other docs who couldn't figure out what was wrong. 2 minutes and looked at my MRI and he nailed it. Can't wait for my surgery...."

July 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What can I say. He's to the point. Tells you what he thinks. Then shows you how he fixes it. Hardest thing is for me to do the rehab to get myself better. "

July 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had my shoulder fixed a few weeks ago and it already feels so much better. No feeling that it's going to dislocate anymore. "

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had my hip fixed. Feels great. It's 2 years now and better than ever before. "

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I live in Ontario. I saw Dr Wong many years ago and he fixed my shoulder. I just hurt my other shoulder and learned that Dr Wong has moved to Halifax. What a lo..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't believe Dr Wong is in Halifax. We are so lucky to have someone who teaches around the world. I'm lucky that he was able to fix me using these advanced t..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've had my hip operated on by dr Wong. It feels great and I'm back to sports. Unfortunately my other hip is hurting. Dr Wong had seen a spur here before and pr..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've seen many surgeons but none are like Dr Wong. Even after there has been several surgeries that did not work, and even made me worse he has fixed my shoulde..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great surgeon. Great skills. Showed me how he fixed my shoulder when others couldn't. "

June 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wish I had seen Dr Wong sooner. Unfortunately my condition has been missed for years and now I already have advanced arthritis that he can't fix. At least he wi..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent and caring doctor. Has helped my whose family. "

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Diagnostic genius. I've seen dozens of doctors who couldn't figure out why I was having hip pain. Within a few minutes Dr Wong pointed out the problem in my hip..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong was able to treat my hip pain with a cartilage graft. It's working great and I'm able to get back to my life. "

June 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent results in my shoulder now when others told me it couldn't be fixed. "

June 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong has taken great care of my sons who both had hip Spurs. They're now able to play all their sports again!"

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I travelled 6 provinces to see Dr Wong because no one could diagnose my hip problem. In 10 minutes Dr Wong showed me the problem on my X-rays and MRI. I wish th..."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great surgeon. Great outcome. You are in good hands if you see Dr Wong. "

June 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had shoulder pain for years. No one could figure out what the problem was. Finally my physiotherapist recommended me to see Dr Wong because she has taken..."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I got to watch the surgery Dr Wong did on my hip. It was so neat and I now understand why it was hurting. I can't wait to heal and get back to hockey!"

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had several surgeries on my shoulder and none has worked. Finally I was referred to Dr Wong who replaced the bone that was missing because it dislocated ..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong fixed my knee. He is incredibly busy but I can see why. He does amazing work so everyone wants to see him. I am so happy to be able to play soccer again..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My shoulder surgery was 1 year ago. I'm happy to say I'm back doing what I love to do. I have had 2 other procedures and both have failed. Dr Wong has given me ..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my shoulder repaired by Dr Wong 3 months ago. 2 other surgeons said the rotator cuff tear was too large to repair. I was in pain. I'm so glad that Dr Wong..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic doctor. Highly knowledgable and fixed my shoulder! I feel as good as new again. "

May 27, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Staff is horrible. I have called multiple times in the last few months and not once did anyone answer the phone or called me back. "

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He's skills are good as a surgeon but his ethics are horrible. I had to have my rotator cuff repaired, and he offered me some fancy graftjacket arthroscopic t..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong is a busy doctor but he always takes the time to answer my questions and concerns. He is a great surgeon and his confidence is relieving! "

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I find it hard to believe some of the negative comments. I traveled 3 provinces to see him, and not only did Dr. Wong expedite my appointment 3 months, he came ..."

March 9, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wong did my surgery. Andi had no luck with it and he didn't. want to look into it to see why it failed"

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "excellent surgeon. described everything and showed results on a video too"

December 29, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Understands what an athlete wants know about the surgery and more so the recovery time!"

October 30, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 8, 2014
  • City changed from "Hamilton" to "Halifax", State changed from "ON" to "NS"

July 22, 2012