Ratings for Dr. Ivan Wong

I have been told my shoulder cannot be fixed by several shoulder surgeons. Only when I was referred by my therapist to see Dr. Wong did I have an option to have surgery. He did this a year ago now, and I must say, this doesn't bother me, but in fact my other shoulder is more sore, and this shoulder which gave me so much trouble for so many years is my good shoulder.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Thanks for putting me back together after a snowmobile accident. 9 hr. Operation.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I have searched out this doctor for my daughter's painful hip. He did not disappoint. He fixed her labrum and now she is back to her sports pain free.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Best doctor I've met. Searched him out and waited to see him. Exactly as I hoped. He was able to help me with my hip pain and now in back playing hockey.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

My shoulder is all better now thanks to dr Wong. It used to come out all the time both in the front and back and no one knew what to do with it. Dr Wong out new bone in and fixed it so now it only 3 months and I can use my shoulder. It's been many years that I can't.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Hand down best surgeon I've met. Had a slap tear and no one else wanted to fix me. He didn't hesitate and found the problem straight away.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I can't give more praises to this doctor about his ability to take my longstanding hip pain away when everyone else couldn't find anything wrong. It just seemed like he knew what was going on from the start and fixed my Labral tear. It's awesome to have Dr Wong on the east coast

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

I had a shoulder that would not stop dislocating. I've waited a long time for surgery and have had it repaired twice already. I wish I went to dr Wong first. He showed me the problem that I was missing bone in my shoulder and no amount of surgery without adding bone would make it work. I just had he surgery last week and I already feel better. It has not slid out like all my other times. Thanks goodness there is someone that can fix these problems.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Probably one of the best in Atlantic Canada, But and a very but His wait time make him useless if your in rough shape and need attention quickly, if you can wait 3 years with your issue, he's worth the wait. But if your like me and you have two very painful problems, he seems to not/wont be able to accommodate, those who are in bad shape, and need help in a timely fashion. I had a very painful ACL Rupture from a reconstruction 10 years ago that let go on me and left particles off bone and other debris, in my knee, I was told the wait would be 2-3 years ..3 months later.WHAT I almost fell one the floor and He seemed so distracted and busy he didnt answer or have time to answer any questions, and he forgot to order a injection that he told me to get, he help with the pain.y Just seemed like he was swamped and he seemed like he was on another planet.. So I settled in for the wait but after 6 months my hip was now more painful than my knee. I didn't realize at the time but all the limping exacerbated a slight cam impingement in the opposite hip and It created a incredibility painful Labral tear. I tried to explain to Emily that I just was in agony but got same answer, sorry the wait is 2-3 years. We cant move you any faster, My work and my Body couldn't take it anymore... So I researched and found an Ortho in Toronto that got me in for a consult in 2 months, 7 weeks later I was operated on. Dr Wong couldn't tell me if there was going to be one operation or 2, I was assured It could be done in one operation and it was successfully completed in one surgery in Toronto. I immediately started looking for a Ortho for my hip, which has now been repaired as well, Not buy Dr Wong his wait time for Hip Arthroscopy for is 3+ years. After dealing with a bad knee and bad hip for 2 1/2 years I simply could not wait any longer. I would still be waiting for my knee had I stayed with DR. Wong. My advice to anyone with Pressing Orthopedic issues that cant wait 2-3 years for relief, do your research and find another Dr. If you can wait I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. I couldn't give up 5 years of my life waiting. Being a good Talented Dr is one thing but If your wait is so long, that your destroying your body waiting then that's another thing altogether.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Fantastic doctor. Was able to fix my knee after another surgery left me quite painful. Thank goodness I was able to meet Dr. Wong. I hope all of you can enjoy the same success.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016