Ratings for Dr. Ivan Wong

NO LONGER IN HAMILTON.... apparently left in 2012. It would be great if this website updated such information.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I saw him on the news today. That's exactly what he does. He did surgery on me that others have tried and not worked. But he printed out my bones with his 3D printer and showed me how it would work! It's been a year now and my shoulder works as good as new. I'm back to Hockey and thought I had to give it up for good. Thank you dr. Wong!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Saw him in Halifax. He was abrupt and in a hurry with no time to get the facts right or make a connection. I don't understand these five star reviews.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Absolute genius at understanding and explaining shoulder problems. I have had two surgeries and the docs couldn't keep my shoulder in joint and then wanted to filet me open to fix it. Dr. Wong was able to fix this with just the camera and put a bone graft into a tiny hole. My shoulder is almost as good as new now. Would highly recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Great Doc. Very knowledgeable and made me feel cofindent he could help me, but wait times are ridiculous and he's always off schedule. His staff is great. Kate in his office was so sweet to me and so helpful. Overall, great experience with him and his team.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Had a nasty break of my tibia and fibula resulting from a motorcycle accident. He fixed it up and now I am good as new. I must say the nurse in recovery at the Hamilton General was burned out. I should have told him, she gave me my pain med in 1cc incraments which did nothing to alleviate the pain of the 2" screw in my leg. When I asked for more she asked me if I was on recreational drugs. I was terrified of her because the pain was unbearable and she was playing a power trip. I should have reported her, so if this happens to you, tell Dr Wong, he is the best.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

This doc is extremely busy. afterbwaiting in the siting room for a long time I met him and his students. He was very caring and explained to me the difficulty of trying to preserve my hip. I have a lot of confidence in his explanations and he even told me when he didn't know something for sure. I'm really impressed. But I'm still nervous for surgery.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Traveled halfway around the world to meet this Doc. Worth every penny. Was able to rebuild my shoulder. Now I can sleep again without pain. It did take a long time to heal like he said it would, and I definitely did my part for rehab... again like he said it would. Would recommend to everyone I like.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Probably the most knowledgable doctor I've ever had. Got referred because everyone else said nothing could be done. He showed me the massive tear I had and how he could rebuild it from scratch. Amazing. And he even recorded it for me. Just amazing

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

This man repaired my hip issue which was from birth when I was younger (at the qe2) he is an amazing, knowledgeable & very respectful doctor. 4 years ago I had my surgery & my other hip has yet to start to deteriorate. He is great but a little busy and off schedule.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Dr. Ivan Wong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Dalhousie (Grad. 2003)