Dr. Thory Tessem

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Thory Tessem

No hesitation in recommending Thory. Very knowledgeable and explains the treatment. If you are in pain go see Thory!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Very knowledgeable and professional, Thory has helped me with a variety of health issues and I’ve only ever seen improvement. Highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Initially I was skepticism about acupuncture, but Thory explained the process to me in a way I could understand. Helped with my back pain initially, and has incidentally been helping with other issues at the same time!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Seriously the only thing I recommend for post partum !! He helped within 2 treatments.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

What an awesome Doctor. I was feeling lower back pain and stiffness on shoulder. The way he explain about the process is simply amazing. I am so glad i was recommended by a friend. Never thought my body would recover so quickly. Since i belong to technical field. I now understand the difference between massage and acupuncture. Acupuncture is the way to go. Very knowledgeable, Helpful and caring guy. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I was a returning patient until the last visit when I almost walked out with a needle left in my back!!! I thought it was hurting more than the usual sensation I get when I am done. Then as I was getting my stuff to walk out and leave, I touched my back to make sure it was ok and I felt the needle sticking out! I was shocked!!! I was seeing him a year before. I am grateful to my own instincts that I realized it before I left and could have been seriously injured. So is this the NORM ? Yeah, I am not coming back!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Takes the time to explain the problem and the treatment plan. Highly recommend him if you're considering acupuncture.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

He is great at explaining what is going on with your body and doesn't mind answering questions. The acugraph is really nice to have to compare what's going on with each visit.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

How did he get a top rating!?! It takes at least 25 min for after the needles are placed to be effective. Your lucky if they are in for 15 min. He's a nice guy and if you've never experienced someone who knows what their doing you'd think he was great. Really he's just greedy with his eensive 30 min appts

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Very easy to talk to and he's extremely knowledgeable!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Thory Tessem's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With an interest in health and fitness since age 12, Thory pursued many avenues of self development. Included are weight training, martial arts, healthy eating strategies, acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He now works at his own facility, practicing acupuncture and teaching martial arts to promote health and wellness.

• English

• Alberta College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (Grad. 2004)