Ratings for Dr. Gail Burke

Coming back to this office after over a decade for a basic retainer replacement has made me question if I even want to continue orthodontic treatments in the future. Words cannot describe the massive incompetence of the staff at this office. It took multiple orthodontic assistants to figure out simple tasks, all while my mouth was open. Plus, the staff are all extremely rude and condescending. Every staff member I interacted with talked to me like a child while scoffing at any questions I had. On top of that, the services are ridiculously overpriced. When it came down to paying the ridiculous fees, it took reception staff multiple tries to fill out a claim form properly for insurance purposes, and didn't even give me the option to file the forms myself - which would have saved me lots of stress from their massive ineptness. Do yourself a favour and find a better orthodontist.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I was initially a client of Dr. Burke's for a simple brace correction due to my overbite mainly, however, I was involved in an accident which saw my front tooth knocked out and as another result, set back the braces which were almost complete to having to take another few years. Dr Burke and her staff have been beyond accommodating with the situation and it is always pleasant to visit their office. Highly recommended. 5/5.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr. Burke's office has a wonderful team fom the front desk to the assistants. She did a great job on our son's braces. He's very pleased with the outcome.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I found that Dr Burke was one of the cheaper Orthodontist in the city. She actually sits and listens to all of your concerns and then presented me with numerous options. It's the best experience.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr Burke and her staff were great, I brought three of my kids to see her. The office was efficient , friendly and explain everything in detail.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

I'm so dissatisfied with my treatment . She didn't ask any questions in regards to my grinding of teeth. In fact she charged me twice for new retainers they I grinded thru in my sleep. They messed up several times during the treatment this making it substantially longer . I had natural gaps in some smaller teeth & she didn't talk to me about options I had to either fill them get veneers etc. rely so much on assistance . She doesn't do any work herself. She basically sees you for 2 mins of the 30 - 60 min appointments . I've had a 4 year treatment with this doctor & am going to see a different orthodontist to correct what I'm dissatisfied with. Doesn't help that she over charges sooooo much!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Relies too much on assistants. Didn't understand the work done by the oral surgeon that she recommended. Engaged in patient blaming for not completing procedure. Sends patient for needless referrals. Poor bedside manner. Shop around, you have been warned.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

My daughter had braces put on and her orthodontic care by Dr. Gail Burke. I had no idea how much she was overcharging until I did research into other orthodontists in Edmonton. She charges double what most orthodontists charge to replace retainers! Most orthodontists charge $150 and she charged us $300. She is also usually quite late for appointments.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Well, to start Dr.Burke and her staff are very kind and easy going but, I've had only one issue because I didn't wear my retainer the night before my checkup and she said I need a new one when it still fits!!! Seems like she only wants money for a vacation not for saving as much costs as possible for the patient.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr. Burke is very knowledeable and a pleasure to work with. I'm an adult with braces and she has improved my smile! Her staff are very pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011