Dr. Michael Durtnall

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael Durtnall

After years of pelvic and lower back pain with no diagnosis, Dr Durtnall managed to diagnose and treat me within a matter of weeks. Him and his team are absolutely brilliant, and I am forever grateful to have my motility back and be living pain free. I cannot recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2020

I had severe Coccyx pain. Tried pain killer medications and multiple Injections but didn’t help for long. I had about 15 sessions with Dr. Durtnall and It’s been 7 years I am pain free .

flag | Submitted July 30, 2019

I found doctor Durtnall 35 years ago, when as a 24 year old I suffered with acute sciatica. At that time the nhs treatment and other treatments had only worsened my condition. When i found Dr Durtnall i could barely walk, was unable to work and the pain was unbearable. After assessing me i attended twice a week for 6 weeks and regulary for a time after. I will never forget leaving his premises after about a month of treatment and being able to walk comfortably and with hardly any pain. At that time he said i was the worst case he had seen. I continued to see Dr durtnall now and again, as and when needed. I moved away many years ago so wasn't able to travel to see him anymore. However thanks to him i have been able to lead a pain free and active for 35 years and am so thankful that i found him at that time.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

Outstanding quality of care with great results. I can’t thank Michael enough for his kindness and beneficial treatment during and after my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2019

Dr Durtnall has given my daughter her life back. The NHS acknowledged her pain but didn’t know how to treat costochondritis. After months of tests and chronic pain not getting any better, we were told her only choice is pain management, leaving a 17 year old girl potentially a victim of severe pain for the rest of her life, on a huge amount of painkillers. That was until we saw Dr Durtnall. He’s patient, kind and just amazing! Turning her life around from the first visit. We travel nearly 2 hours to get the best treatment there is from a leading expert whose knowledge and dedication is second to none. It’s so great to see her be able to walk again and not rely on a wheelchair. It’s even better to see her smile without tears in pain. Seeing Dr Durtnall is the best thing we ever did and I don’t know what we’d do without his support. He’s just wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2019

I am eternally grateful to Micheal He immediately diagnosed and resolved a coccyx problem I had been suffering with for many years. I was desperate when I found him, having seen multiple doctors, physios and osteopaths over the years to no avail, I was having to work from home lying on the sofa as sitting down had become so painful. I first travelled to his practice lying on the backseat of the car, and after an x-ray where he explained the misalignment in my coccyx (which was a relief in itself to see that I wasn’t imagining the problem!) his treatment provided immediate relief, so much so that I was able to travel home sitting up in the car. I had 5 or 6 sessions with him over several months and was pain free at last. I now visit periodically (once a year or so) for an adjustment but my condition is fully manageable without any need for painkillers or surgery. I can not recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2019

Michael was knowledgeable and his posture treatment and ergonomic advice worked well for me. I am grateful that I now stand and sit upright, without pain.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

2 years ago, I began treatment with Michael Durtnall. I had anterior subluxation of the sacrococcygeal joint, (I was in huge amounts of pain when sitting!) After approximately 3 months of treatment I stopped feeling any pain, and 2 years later I am still pain free. Michael also cured my costochondritis within a few sessions. To summarise, Michael is a remarkable doctor but also an amazing person; friendly, approachable, and he really cares about his patients! Cheesy, but I don't know what I would have done without him!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Congratulations Dr Michael on your recent FIFA Football Medicine Diploma. You never seem to stop learning and researching and giving so much to your profession as well as to all your patients. Thank you for caring for me and my family, James

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I have been cured after years of depressing pudendal pain by Dr Michael Durtnall and his pelvic therapists. I now know that Michael's clinical facility is the foremost pelvic specialist centre both diagnostically and therapeutically for pelvic manipulation and manual therapy which is effective and long lasting.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Michael Durtnall's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Biography for Michael Durtnall Michael Durtnall: DC MSc FRCC (Orth) Qualified as Doctor of Chiropractic DC with Diploma in Roentgenology (Radiology) from the Anglo European College of Chiropractic (AECC). Diplomate of the American National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Diplomate of the Canadian National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Registered with the General Chiropractic Council GCC. Elected Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractors FRCC (Orth) Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine. Masters in Performing Arts Medicine MSc at University College London UCL 2013 to specialize in treatment of musicians, performers and dancers' specific injuries. FIFA diploma in Football Medicine 2017. Founder of Sayer Clinics: London in Kensington W8, Cavendish Square W1 and Moorgate City of London EC2 with Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Acupuncturists and Massage Therapists. Sayer Clinics provide low-dose standing, digital, computed radiology for accurate musculoskeletal assessment of leg length discrepancy, disc compression/ torsion/ narrowing/ instability, pelvic obliquity, thoraco-lumbar scoliosis, pelvic torsion or twisting of sacroiliac or sacro-coccygeal joints which with soft-tissue dysfunction may compress or irritate pudendal and pelvic nerves causing pudendal neuralgia. Dr. Durtnall has had a clinical interest in coccyx and pelvic pain throughout his career and has extensive experience in manual treatment of pelvic and coccyx pain and dysfunction. He studied with New Yorker Amy Stein (author of 'Heal Pelvic Pain') at her workshop at the World Congress of Lower Back and Pelvic Pain in Barcelona in 2007. He also studied 'hands-on' with the American pelvic pain guru Dr Rhonda Kotarinos at her UK workshop at St George's Hospital in Tooting, London and together they treated pelvic pain patients at Dr. Durtnalls's clinic in Kensington. He practices full-time at Sayer Clinic in Kensington treating mostly coccyx and pelvic pain, costochondritis, postural rehabilitation and scoliosis patients from the UK and Europe and fly in, usually for longer treatment periods, from all parts of the world. He is conducting research in paediatric bone-growth part-time at the Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (GOSICH) until 2020. He presented the first full-day workshop on coccyx and pelvic pain in Dubai in 2013 at the 8th World Congress of Low Back and Pelvic Pain and presented twice at the inaugural Congress on Coccyx pain in Paris in July 2016. His manual treatment is combined with his team of specialist pelvic pain physiotherapists Sofia Ornellas Pinto, Marta Dias De Oliveira and Karolina Krzaczek. See the pelvic pain link: http://www.sayerclinics.com/conditions- ... ccyx-pain/, and research at http://www.coccyx.org/medabs/durtnall.htm Dr. Durtnall is a registered specialist with Bupa International, Aviva, Cigna, Aetna and all good UK and international private health Insurers. Treatment: Spinal, Pelvic, Sacroiliac and Coccygeal Manipulative Therapy. Pelvic Floor Trigger Point releases, Medical Acupuncture and Pudendal Nerve Active Release Techniques. Digital X-ray Posture and Gait Analysis and postural rehabilitation. Manual Pelvic Physical Therapy. Full Spinal Manipulation and Postural Functional Rehabilitation. To refer or book an appointment to see Dr. Durtnall or the Physical Therapy team: Contact Alexandra by email to [email protected] or go online to http://www.sayerclinics.com and click on 'Book now' - select Michael Durtnall or one of their chiropractors, osteopaths or physical therapists and choose a date and time and book your appointment. If you need advice, please email Alexandra at [email protected] or call Alex or Lucie on 020 7937 8978. Practice Manager: Alexandra Codarcea Email: [email protected] Phone: +44 (0)20 7937 8978 www.sayerclinics.com Sayer Back Pain, Coccyx and Pelvic Pain Clinics: London. 8, Sunningdale Gardens, Stratford Road, Kensington, London, W8 6PX Dr. Durtnall's personal Interests: Family, scientific research, tennis, music and travel. Dr. Michael Durtnall: Chiropractor - GCC Registered. Chairman Sayer Clinics: London in Kensington W8, Welbeck Street W1 and Moorgate City of London EC2. Sayer Coccyx and Pelvic Pain Team perform treatments listed in our pelvic pain link: www.sayerclinics.com/conditions-treated/pelvic-coccyx-pain/ Treatment: Spinal and Pelvic Manipulative Therapy, Pelvic Floor Trigger Point and Pudendal Nerve Active Release Techniques. Digital X-ray Posture and Gait Analysis. Manual Pelvic Physical Therapy and Postural Rehabilitation. Sayer Back Pain, Coccyx & Pelvic Pain Clinics: London Manipulation & Physical Therapy 8, Sunningdale Gardens KENSINGTON London, W8 6PX Tel: +44 (0)20 7937 8978 E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.sayerclinics.com

• English
  • French

• University College London, U. of London (Grad. 2013)

• Back Pain
  • Neck pain
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Scoliosis

• Dr Durtnall is the world's leading expert in the diagnosis and manual treatment of coccyx, sacroiliac and musculoskeletal pelvic pain / pudendal neuralgia as well as costochondritis. He is an international speaker at medical Symposia and Congresses.
  • UK Diploma in Roentgenology - radiology & radiography
  • Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
  • USA National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
  • Canadian National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Diplomate.
  • Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractic - Orthopaedic division
  • Hope advisor to www.pudendalhope.info for treatment of patients suffering pudendal neuralgia pelvic pain.
  • FIFA Fédération Internationale de Football Association - Diploma in Football Medicine - Awarded by FIFA in 2017
  • Registered MPhil / PhD at Institute of Musculoskeletal Science (IOMS) at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) - now transferred to University College London (UCL) at the prestigious Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (GOSICH). M
  • Member of the International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)
  • MSc Master of Science in Performing Arts Medicine (University College London 2013)
  • Specialised in:  Coccyx and Pelvic pain, costochondritis, chest and rib pain, back and neck pain, scoliosis and postural rehabilitation, musicians, dancers and football injuries and medical acupuncture.

UnitedHealthcare