Dr. Michael Durtnall's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Biography for Michael Durtnall Michael Durtnall: DC MSc FRCC (Orth) Qualified as Doctor of Chiropractic DC with Diploma in Roentgenology (Radiology) from the Anglo European College of Chiropractic (AECC). Diplomate of the American National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Diplomate of the Canadian National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Registered with the General Chiropractic Council GCC. Elected Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractors FRCC (Orth) Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine. Masters in Performing Arts Medicine MSc at University College London UCL 2013 to specialize in treatment of musicians, performers and dancers' specific injuries. FIFA diploma in Football Medicine 2017. Founder of Sayer Clinics: London in Kensington W8, Cavendish Square W1 and Moorgate City of London EC2 with Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Acupuncturists and Massage Therapists. Sayer Clinics provide low-dose standing, digital, computed radiology for accurate musculoskeletal assessment of leg length discrepancy, disc compression/ torsion/ narrowing/ instability, pelvic obliquity, thoraco-lumbar scoliosis, pelvic torsion or twisting of sacroiliac or sacro-coccygeal joints which with soft-tissue dysfunction may compress or irritate pudendal and pelvic nerves causing pudendal neuralgia. Dr. Durtnall has had a clinical interest in coccyx and pelvic pain throughout his career and has extensive experience in manual treatment of pelvic and coccyx pain and dysfunction. He studied with New Yorker Amy Stein (author of 'Heal Pelvic Pain') at her workshop at the World Congress of Lower Back and Pelvic Pain in Barcelona in 2007. He also studied 'hands-on' with the American pelvic pain guru Dr Rhonda Kotarinos at her UK workshop at St George's Hospital in Tooting, London and together they treated pelvic pain patients at Dr. Durtnalls's clinic in Kensington. He practices full-time at Sayer Clinic in Kensington treating mostly coccyx and pelvic pain, costochondritis, postural rehabilitation and scoliosis patients from the UK and Europe and fly in, usually for longer treatment periods, from all parts of the world. He is conducting research in paediatric bone-growth part-time at the Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (GOSICH) until 2020. He presented the first full-day workshop on coccyx and pelvic pain in Dubai in 2013 at the 8th World Congress of Low Back and Pelvic Pain and presented twice at the inaugural Congress on Coccyx pain in Paris in July 2016. His manual treatment is combined with his team of specialist pelvic pain physiotherapists Sofia Ornellas Pinto, Marta Dias De Oliveira and Karolina Krzaczek. See the pelvic pain link: http://www.sayerclinics.com/conditions- ... ccyx-pain/, and research at http://www.coccyx.org/medabs/durtnall.htm Dr. Durtnall is a registered specialist with Bupa International, Aviva, Cigna, Aetna and all good UK and international private health Insurers. Treatment: Spinal, Pelvic, Sacroiliac and Coccygeal Manipulative Therapy. Pelvic Floor Trigger Point releases, Medical Acupuncture and Pudendal Nerve Active Release Techniques. Digital X-ray Posture and Gait Analysis and postural rehabilitation. Manual Pelvic Physical Therapy. Full Spinal Manipulation and Postural Functional Rehabilitation. To refer or book an appointment to see Dr. Durtnall or the Physical Therapy team: Contact Alexandra by email to email@example.com or go online to http://www.sayerclinics.com and click on 'Book now' - select Michael Durtnall or one of their chiropractors, osteopaths or physical therapists and choose a date and time and book your appointment. If you need advice, please email Alexandra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alex or Lucie on 020 7937 8978. Practice Manager: Alexandra Codarcea Email: email@example.com Phone: +44 (0)20 7937 8978 www.sayerclinics.com Sayer Back Pain, Coccyx and Pelvic Pain Clinics: London. 8, Sunningdale Gardens, Stratford Road, Kensington, London, W8 6PX Dr. Durtnall's personal Interests: Family, scientific research, tennis, music and travel. Dr. Michael Durtnall: Chiropractor - GCC Registered. Chairman Sayer Clinics: London in Kensington W8, Welbeck Street W1 and Moorgate City of London EC2. Sayer Coccyx and Pelvic Pain Team perform treatments listed in our pelvic pain link: www.sayerclinics.com/conditions-treated/pelvic-coccyx-pain/ Treatment: Spinal and Pelvic Manipulative Therapy, Pelvic Floor Trigger Point and Pudendal Nerve Active Release Techniques. Digital X-ray Posture and Gait Analysis. Manual Pelvic Physical Therapy and Postural Rehabilitation. Sayer Back Pain, Coccyx & Pelvic Pain Clinics: London Manipulation & Physical Therapy 8, Sunningdale Gardens KENSINGTON London, W8 6PX Tel: +44 (0)20 7937 8978 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.sayerclinics.com
- University College London, U. of London (Grad. 2013)
Areas of Expertise
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Chronic pelvic pain in women
Awards & Recognitions
- Dr Durtnall is the world's leading expert in the diagnosis and manual treatment of coccyx, sacroiliac and musculoskeletal pelvic pain / pudendal neuralgia as well as costochondritis. He is an international speaker at medical Symposia and Congresses.
- UK Diploma in Roentgenology - radiology & radiography
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- USA National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Canadian National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Diplomate.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractic - Orthopaedic division
- Hope advisor to www.pudendalhope.info for treatment of patients suffering pudendal neuralgia pelvic pain.
- FIFA Fédération Internationale de Football Association - Diploma in Football Medicine - Awarded by FIFA in 2017
- Registered MPhil / PhD at Institute of Musculoskeletal Science (IOMS) at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) - now transferred to University College London (UCL) at the prestigious Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (GOSICH). M
- Member of the International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)
- MSc Master of Science in Performing Arts Medicine (University College London 2013)
- Specialised in: Coccyx and Pelvic pain, costochondritis, chest and rib pain, back and neck pain, scoliosis and postural rehabilitation, musicians, dancers and football injuries and medical acupuncture.
Publications & Research
- Coccyx Manipulation Statistics of 87 consecutive coccyx and pelvic pain patients treated using manipulation and acupuncture by Dr Michael Durtnall at Sayer Clinic Kensington: London 2012
- Manipulation for coccydynia Presented at the 8th World Congress of Low Back and Pelvic Pain, Dubai, November 2013 Michael Durtnall See Doctors and specialists in the UK, London
- PRESENTATION : Manual therapy for coccyx pain Name of the speaker : Michael Durtnall Working at : London - UK Watch the presentation
- PRESENTATION : A Sting in the Tail Name of the speaker : Michael Durtnall Working at : London - UK Watch the presentation