Ratings for Dr. Carl Adrian

Dr. Adrian has helped save my life. He treated me like a person and not a diagnoses. He was genuinely invested in my healing and health. I would not be where I am today, without the thoughtful guidance of dr. adrian.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Adrian has helped me immensely. His approach of documenting your stress levels and the cause up front was a great accountability tool to check in on throughout the process - for me it measured growth, success and changes that had to be made in my life. I enjoyed every session if the emotional ones as he is a solid teacher, mentor and coach - providing the tools to sort through the issues and talking about the experiences. He makes you work, I like that, he motivates you to grow and encourages you every step along the way. I feel so blessed to have found Dr. Adrian he's made a huge impact on my mental health and wellness. Shelley

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr. Adrian has helped me throughout a very difficult time and has slowly opened me up, which is not an easy task. He is a very kind, knowledgeable and genuine person who is also open to new ideas and is able to learn from his patients. I am very thankful for the time I have spent with him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I was initially referred to Dr. Adrian from Foothills Emergency in March 2013. I’ve been seeing him as an out-patient since then, in between three psychiatric hospitalizations. Dr. Adrian’s dedication and support have been unwavering despite the severity and chronicity of my mental health issues. He has advocated strongly on my behalf and collaborated with psychiatrists in three different hospitals to ensure continuity of care. One of the things that I appreciate most about Dr. Adrian is how receptive he is to my perspective and my ideas regarding treatment options. His openness and authenticity facilitate a productive therapeutic partnership without any sense of doctor-patient hierarchy. I also appreciate his clinical humility. He acknowledges his own limitations without denial or defensiveness, and he is willing to work through the occasional miscommunications and disagreements that have arisen in our work together. Finally, I appreciate Dr. Adrian’s pragmatic and flexible approach to psychiatry. He consistently emphasizes what he sees as my strengths and positive qualities, rather than focusing exclusively on fixing problems or prescribing medications. Although I still struggle with mental illness, I have come a long way over the past few years and Dr. Adrian has been an important part of that journey. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Adrian, as a physician and as a person. It is a privilege to work with him.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

First time I walked in Dr.Adrian's office I was a total mess , I was lost and i thought anybody could help me and I didn't trust anybody .He teach me How to understand myself , I didn't feel judged , I didn't feel like all he wanted to do it's to put me on meds. he REALLY help me . Thank you Dr. Adrian !

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I've been referred to PAS at the Foothills Hospital twice after emergency room visits. There was about a 5 year gap between each time. The first time I was placed with Dr. Adrian, he worked with me to understand fully my specific situation. I have seen many psychiatrists and counsellors and Dr. Adrian was the first to guide me to the help I really needed. The second time I happened to be placed with Dr. Adrian again and the help I received was just as valuable as the first. He noticed and diagnosed a condition that was deeply rooted within myself and had not been noticed by others. Dr. Adrian is wise, honest, caring, and comforting. I feel prepared and equipped to fully live my life and live it well; Dr. Adrian played a significant part in helping me with the hard work I've accomplished. I am very thankful for his help and truly appreciate all he has done.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I am extremely fortunate to have been placed with Dr. Adrian through the ADHD program at the Foothills hospital. He has a very calm, kind and gentle spirit and he gives 100% to try and help you. What really struck me is how personal his interaction was. You would think that with the volume of people he sees, and the magnitude of the problems he deals with, you would just be 'a number' but I felt the exact opposite. I felt that he was genuinely committed to helping me as much as possible, and that my moving forward was important to him. He always took the time to listen to me, and to explain things in a manner that I could understand. There was no judgement from him and he was very compassionate, yet he was also very clear that my progress would require work. Dr. Adrian is the psychiatrist that everybody deserves and I am grateful that he was assigned to my file.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

I have had the pleasure of working with Dr.Adrian at the foothills medical centre and can only say positives about him.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr Adrian is the most amazing doctor ever. He looked at the whole picture rather than just switching my medications to "fix me." I learned a lot about myself and about what my body needs, which is actually "just" sleep . He is a very busy doctor but was always able to fit me in to see me and teach me plenty of interesting things easily through picture on his whiteboard. He's a wonderful teacher! I highly recommend this kind, professional, knowledgeable man and wish any doctor was even half as good as he is. I'm very sad to have graduated from our sessions but I am so thankful for the immense improvement that I have experienced.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr Adrian did more than assess my needs when I was in crisis. He also offered counseling combined with some medication. If I had the counseling before I could have avoided 2 trips to emergency and a short stay at PLC on the psych unit. Psychiatrist at PAS at Foothills hospital should always offer many counselling sessions after assessing a patient. Dr Adrian was thorough in his assessment and quite helpful during counseling sessions. His pictures on the white board were so easy to understand easy to apply. Awesome professional in the mental health department.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016