Ratings for Dr. Katherine Sullivan

no issues with my appointment or answers to my questions

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Very poor interpersonal skills. Explains nothing and clearly dislikes questions of any kind. Does not seek consent for procedures. Her teaching technique appears to be "just do what I tell you".

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Lies about whether a procedure will hurt. No apology for lateness.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

she has been my doctor for years...when there was a hint of a cornea problem she got me in to see a specialist the next morning. she is a doctor that always makes me feel she has my back/concerns/interest at heart, & luv her eye cartoons.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I have strabismus and very slight astigmatism. She gave me a prescription for astigmatism only. Went to her multiple times to get the right prescription but she wouldn't change her mind. Had to go to my old Doctor, Dr Rees (not sure why I didn't get booked with her in the first place) to get the right perscription. Dr Sullivan doesn't like me asking questions. She tries to get me in and out of the door as fast as possible so she can see more patients and make more money. Abrupt and dismissive is right.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

This was my second visit. I had an increase in floaters and my vision blurred while driving. She acted like she was annoyed that she had to look at my eyes again. I spend more time waiting on the chair than she spent looking at my eyes. I tried to ask more questions this time.... Do you see anything else besides floaters? "Nope". Is there anything I can do to prevent this from getting worse again? "Nope". This is a specialist?? Abrupt and dismissive.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Never in my life have I walked out of a doctor's office during an exam. She lacks emotional intelligence and talked over me the entire time. Had not read my file prior to me coming in, questioned my medical qualifications; was offended when I told her I had gotten a 2nd opinion from the previous visit. Rude beyond belief. Yes, it IS time for her to retire as she isn't doing the public any good!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Always rushed and wanted me to come back every year. and after testing my eyes she would not even tell , or give me a prescription of any changes to my vision. She told me to go see a Optometrist. No wonder are health care is in crisis . Maybe she needs to retire and go live on a island. Not a nice DR

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I have divested myself from Dr. Sullivan's care. Her bedside manner is brusque. I finally approached her re the 3 A's of medicine ( availability, amiability and ability). She failed amiability. Her response was that I Should not expect the same rapport from her that I share with my GP and that I was welcome to leave her care. Finally, after over 6 months ,she failed to recognize that an artificial lens implant after cataract surgery 2 years ago was gradually detaching and was causing me severe vision problems. Only after total blindness in that eye did she refer me to a surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I was a bit alarmed by some of the comments on this site before my appointment with Dr Sullivan this morning but my experience was entirely positive. I didn't have to wait, I didn't feel at all rushed (unlike my previous ophthalmologist who may have been highly qualified but who you see for less than 3 or 4 minutes per visit, if that), her support staff are very knowledgeable and pleasant, and she explained everything I needed to know very clearly. I was completely satisfied.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014