Ratings for Dr. Harris Weaver

I've had RA for 14 years. My first doctor didn't help me at all. Then I went to Dr. Weaver. He's the best caring Doctor I've ever been to and I'd still be going to him if he hadn't retired. New Dr. Not so good. Still looking for a RA Dr.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I went to Dr. Weaver 2 years ago with all pertinent medical notes and lab work from rheumatologists I had seen prior to my moving to this area. I was diagnosed with various autoimmune problems. He rushed the appointment, did not listen to what I had to say and dismissed some of the lab findings. He never bothered to read the important details and diagnoses in the paperwork I gave him. When I tried to verbalize some of them, he refused to listen and signed me off as not having any autoimmune issues. In fact he stated there was no need for me to see him again. I was never examined. An office staff person exclaimed, "Isn't he the most thorough doctor!", when I left the examining room. He was anything but thorough. The appointment was a complete waste of time. By far one of the worst doctors I have seen and one with an attitude and an ego.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I went to Dr Weaver 5 years ago for a knee issue, he was truly caring. I went a few weeks ago, he came into the room and I stood up to shake his hand. That didn't happen. I understood, some people don't like to shake hands. Then the questions started at me in rapid fire. No time to think about it, then he questioned some of my answers. Maybe he was having a bad day, we all do, but the bedside manner wasn't there.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

This appointment was such a disappointment. Dr. has no bedside manners and goes off on tangents that are irrelevant. Dr. Weaver rushes patients through questions and does not want to hear explanations. He brags about knowing the latest studies, but somehow missed an important and current study on RA and genetics by researchers at U-M. He pigeon-holes his patients into a diagnosis that is based on a few generalities, not on a well-rounded assessment nor on the uniqueness of the individual. The diagnosis is only as good as the assessment, so a narrow assessment of me meant an incorrect diagnosis. It was frustrating and wasteful! I obviously do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

Dr Weaver has been my mothers doctor for as long as I can remember and I have taken her to many appointments. She is nearly crippled with arthritis and he is always very careful and helpful with her even getting her shoes off and on. He is extremely intelligent. These reasons and more are why I too went to him when I was having widespread pain. He must of spent two hours in the room with me and didn't discount anything I was saying.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

went to find out about Reclast treatment for neck arthritis; said he didn't believe in it, wouldn't consent to giving me bone density, said it was hogwash, just like glucosamine/chrondriton is, even though he has had me on it for 12 years.He actions that day were totally out of character, was always very nice. but would not help me. I also asked him if he knew of a good urologist person, as I was having some bleeding, and right away said, "you have bladder cancer". After that, I told him I would not be back and he said "where are you going, Australia"? I could not believe what I was hearing. I reported him to the hospital, and they called me back and said "Dr. Weaver said he is sorry. Not even a call or letter from someone I have went to for 16 years. How about that?

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

This was a very frustrating visit. While he did a thorough exam, he had no empathy and rarely met my eyes. He discounted many things that I said and had no answers. His staff was wonderful, but I wouldn't return to him for any reason.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

Dr. Weaver has ben my Doc for about 25 years. I was and am still very pleased with him and his ideals and his way of treatment. Maybe I am a bit partcial to him, but I am not. I have seen a few other docs one in MI and one in AZ. Still my hands down Dr. Weaver does know. The reasons some people get frustrated with him is because he is human and it is usually when the patient does not want to go for his treatment or they are not telling him everything. He is a guy you have to be very forward with about what you are going through. Yes, I maybe a bit partcial, but I still will see him and I think I am actually one of his longest running patients.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Absolute waste of time....he acted like I was wasting his time....I was referred to him by another doctor for some legitimate reasons and he made me feel like my issues were all in my head and put more emphasis on exercising as if that would take care of everything I was experiencing....his lack of caring was what I saw the most...

flag | Submitted June 2, 2007

I wasn't happy with the way he diagnosed my problems. It seems that he would rather guess at things than to test further into the problem. I went to him to find out the REAL problem and why I'm in so much pain. Was a waste of time and money. He's very thorough although it appeared he's not empathetic toward your pain.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2007

Dr. Harris Weaver's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Midland, MI