Ratings for Dr. Segun E. Abogunde

My family dr scheduled this appointment because I had been having severe GERD, problems swallowing, and daily hoarseness that had steadily become worse. He did the endoscopy and also did a colonoscopy, biopsied during the endoscopy, and when I was coherent....the dr told me I would be contacted by his office for a follow up and the results of my biopsy. One week later, they wasted no time in billing me 200.00 for his services after my insurance had paid, and it has been 3 weeks now and still no phone call, no results! I refuse to pay anything until I am satisfied!!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I have been having serious GI issues since August. I had an out-patient colonoscopy consult (not the actual procedure) scheduled in November with Dr. Abogunde. My GP doctor and I decided that I needed to have this done ASAP. I was then admitted to the hospital to expedite the process. Dr. Abogunde came in and consulted. Since I was already in the hospital I wanted to have the procedure then and not have to wait have it done as an outpatient, Dr. A said NO, that he wants to do it out-pateint and that his office would contact me with an appointment that would be before my originally scheduled appointment of Nov 30th. It was a week since I had been released from the hospital and had no word from the office. I called and they told me that he had not written an order for me to have the procedure and that he was out of the country for 2 weeks. Now my procedure will be later than the originally scheduled appointment. This is a prime example of total disregard for patient care.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

Went to this Doctor with nausea he lacked any skill in finding the problem. Complete lack of compassion! Very scary that a gastroentrologist doctor can not figure out why someone is having nausea.Be Careful!!!! . It has taken me 16 months to find the problem because of doctors like abogunde! If you are having any digestive problems LOOK FOR PARASITES!!! and don't let them tell you that you do not have them.They are very hard to find i have had 16 separate test and you need to have them done at a good lab like genova diagnostics. It is your health it is sad you have to fight for it Good Luck

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010