Dr. Steven P. Abramow

Outstanding Staff Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven P. Abramow

I Love Dr. Steven Abramow. His hands have truly been touched by GOD. I have had ankle surgery and foot surgery with Dr. Abramow and have healed perfectly. I can walk, run, go to the gym. His staff is very professional and pleasant to work with. I

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I have had 2 bunion surgeries and a neuroma removal - all with excellent results. Before the decision to remove the neuroma Dr. Abramow suggested injections plus orthotics which did help but ultimately I decided to have it removed. I have never had to wait for my appointment, I find the staff very helpful and available. Dr. Abramow himself is always punctual, thorough, pleasant and takes time to answer any questions or concerns.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I do not recommend this podiatrist. He does additional surgeries that prove to be unnecessary. My middle toe now gets numb in cold weather. Had he recommended non-invasive remedies, I would not suffer the way I am now.

Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Abramow never explored or suggested alternative, non-invasive remedies for a foot problem I was having. He insisted on surgery. Only after the surgery and seeing other podiatrists (due to complications from this surgery) did I realize that the surgery Abramow insisted upon should have been the very last resort. To Abramow it was the only answer. Unfortunately for me, I have had much pain and difficulty due to Abramow's surgery. I strongly advise seeing other podiatrists.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Great doctor! Patient and caring - always makes time for "needy" patients!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr Abramow is an excellent doctor, I had my bunion removed and not only was it totally pain-free (not kidding they gave you painkillers but really you don't even need them)but it looks wonderful! I took pictures myself before, during and after and I couldn't hope for better results!I had many follow-ups in the course of 3 months and the staff was always available to answer my questions and so was he. I would definitely recommend Dr Abramow for anu body who would like to get a bunionectomy.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

I do not recommend Steven Abramow. He does unnecessary surgeries instead of non-invasive procedures. In a bunionectomy, he performs an antiquated porcedure of leaving in the pin, then having to cut the foot open again to barbarically yank out the pin several months later. This resulted in part of the pin still in my foot and nerver damage causing problems. He performed an unnecessary neuroma surgery which caused exessive scare tissue, constant discomfort and swelling that never went down, and now I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist to correct what he did to my foot. I WISH I NEVER HEARD OF THIS GUY.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Abramow is an excellent doctor! He answers EMAILS, takes his time and answers all of my questions.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Steven P. Abramow's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Abramow graduated with his degree in Podiatric Medicine from the College of Podiatric Medicine, in 1980. He then completed his surgical residency at West Haven Veterans Administration Medical Center, a Yale Medical School Teaching Hospital. Dr. Abramow specializes in all aspects of podiatry, including: Podiatric Medicine Foot Surgery and Rehabilitation Laser Surgery Sports Medicine Dr. Abramow has obtained certification in the following: Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery Board Certified in Foot Surgery Orthopedics - Board Certified in Foot Orthopedics Certified Diplomate/Fellow, International College of Podiatric Laser Surgery Dermatological and Plastic Laser Surgery Dr. Abramow is affiliated with the following Podiatric Medical Organizations: Diplomate - American Board of Podiatric Surgery Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellow - American College of Foot Surgeons Fellow - International Collage of Podiatric Laser Surgery Member - American Association of Hospital Podiatrists Member - American Academy of Podiatric Medicine Member - American Podiatric Medical Association Dr. Abramow is affiliated with the following American Medical Associations: Fellow, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Certified in Dermatological and Plastic Laser Surgery, Jewish Hospital, University of Cincinnati Teaching/Administrative Positions: Adjunct Faculty, Division of Post-Doctorate Education, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, NY 1989 - Present American College of Foot Surgeons. The Section on Podiatric Laser Surgery 1991 - Present Co-Director, Podiatric Surgical Residency Training, Medical Arts Center Hospital, New York, NY 1989 - 1993 Vice - President - American Academy of Podiatry Laser Surgery 1982 - 1983

• English