Ratings for Dr. Norman M. Dy

I went to Dr. Dy a few months ago just to have a physical and to establish a new primary care Physician. I picked him randomly and I am so glad I made a great choice. He is very personable and always seem to be in a great mood. He motivates you to do well in keeping a healthy lifestyle. I found out that I have type 2 diabetes and he has been treating me for it. He was not quick to give me heavy doses of medication, but he started me out gradually to see how my body responds to the meds. He explained everything to me and wrote down information and drew diagrams to explain how he was going to proceed with my care. I am recommending him to my mother too. I hope to have him as my Doctor for a very long time.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

My husband and I are patients of Dr. Dy. After I finished my chemo and radition I asked the Dr. in traing to refer a good Dr. for me. She told me about Dr. Dy. That was 4years ago. I put my trust in Dr. Dy. He is very knowledgeable. As soon I mention his name, many people respond " he is my doctor also. Dr.Dy moved his office from St. Agnes to Lutherville which is a long drive from my house. I didn't think twice about riding there. I have many problems from the chemo/radiation. I would never consider changing Dr.'s. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Best doctor I've ever had--would follow him anywhere to continue seeing him! He is holistic in his approach, in that he wants to know what is going on in all aspects of your life as opposed to just asking about your symptoms. He knows his patients well (and knows them by name), and he genuinely cares about each and every one of them. He takes the time to listen, and you never get a sense that he is preoccupied or is in a hurry. He takes the time to look things up when he needs to, in order to ensure that he is providing the best treatment recommendations possible. I still remember when I first met him 10 years ago. He came into the room and said "So--I hear you're looking for a new doctor." Then he gave me a big smile and introduced himself. Dr. Dy is one of a kind!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

Dr. Norman M. Dy's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)