You may also like

Rate Dr. Brett Habijanac

Dr. Brett Habijanac's Ratings

I can tell that he knows what he is doing, but he does not take the time to make sure his patients are comfortable. I have my wisdom teeth pulled as well as upper jaw surgery with Dr. Habijanac and although he is knowledgeable I feel he doesn't take the time to fully explain things, and he makes his patients wait around, but when finally meeting with them rushes it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2881728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

No issue at all. Dr. Habijanac took care of me removing my 3 Wisdom teeth. He told me what will happen and what is the possible feeling I may encounter. Answered all my concern pretty straight forward especially it was my first surgery ever. I was so dizzy when I woke up and I heard him saying All done and you did a good job. I just felt bad that I didnt get a chance to say thank you to him after. The Nurse that took care of me was really good. After I woke up, I stayed for more than 30 minutes but I felt that she did something to help my dizziness away. Overall, I had an excellent exxperience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2803719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

nice guy, had 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Knows what he's doing. they push people through there like its a factory, I didn't feel like they were spending the time that they should have (35 minutes from the time I went under to the time I woke up in recovery). VERY OVERPRICED, if you're not insured AVOID. Overall, a pretty good experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][371826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I had upper and lower jaw surgery in November. All I have is positive things to say about the surgery I have a no pain and have been healing well. Dr Habijanic was amazing at telling me all the risks and what could happen with numbness. I definitely would recommend him !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][371838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

FIND ANOTHER SURGEON - for lower jaw surgery anyways. This doctor is not honest about the numbness he causes. He downplays it by stating you will have a little numbness down the middle of your chin. What he really means is your entire bottom lip and chin can be numb at a lot higher risk than 10%. Two years later I am still completely numb and no improvements in the jaw neither. After the surgery when conveying my concerns about the numbness he just blew me off, saying he wasn’t worried about it - he’s been paid and loses interest quickly. You would think he would want to meet with all his patients he causes numbness in so he can figure out how to improve his skill. It’s not us that’s the problem doctor, our nerves were perfectly fine going in . . . and at least with an honest pre-discussion stating the exact amount of numbness than it is indeed in our hands to make the decision, minimizing it so patients will commit, is well you know . . .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][371837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2013

I was referred here by my dentist with an abscess under my lower left wisdom tooth so it was going to be a complicated extraction. I waited a day and a half for his appointment, so by then I was in excruciating pain. Painkillers were not having any effect, and I had been throwing up for over 10 hours. He advised me that they would schedule me as soon as possible but it was going to be another day or perhaps two until they could get me in. When I told him I wasn't able to keep anything down, he advised that I needed to eat or the procedure would be more difficult. One of the nurses suggested that they could give me a shot that might help with nausea, so that I could take my antibiotics and food, but he told me to just go to the drugstore and get some Gravol. I just felt that this practice was so busy that they couldn't be concerned about me. When I went back to my regular dentist, they apologized, took me in immediately and pulled the tooth, giving me instant pain relief with no issue.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][371836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

He was pleasant and friendly. Seemed a little rushed but they are moving patients in and out of there like a factory farm. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled and after anaesthetic there were about 8 other patients laying in the beds beside me. The front desk had the process streamlined and they were pleasant. Overall it was done efficiently, they followed up with me on the Monday (I had the extractions on a Friday. I would recommend them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][371835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Hi, Please be aware that Brett is not open about information such as permanent numbness. He may say you can get a spot or two in a trivial way but the reality is you can get your entire lower area numb permanently (which is my case). After 2 years I have to be careful when i eat because I don't feel anything in my lower lip or below (chin included), I cannot feel a kiss anymore, I am extremely hurt emotionally. I find the information that he provided me and my family is inconsistent and new information has come up after surgery that he never mentioned before. For example, Right at the end of surgery I became aware that someone was pulling my knees and legs down because I was in extreme pain, what surprised me is that Brett came out of the room and told my family that everything went well and that i had no pain. The results from the surgery are not esthetically pleasing either. I regret from the moment i ever went into his clinic. Please be aware

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][371834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

Just had oral surgery with Dr Habijanac and he and his staff were wonderful. Highly recommend him. He was pleasant, knowledgeable and gentle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][371833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

My overall impression is that Dr. Habijanac is knowledgeable but extremely busy. I had 3 appointments and I always waited at least 35/40 minutes. Also, he did a very poor job in explaining me the risks of the jaw surgery and completely failed to mention me the possibility of partial permanent numbness to my lips, to my tongue or gums. Apparently this is not just a minimum risk and he did this not to scare me and because he didn't think it was a big deal. To me it is a big deal and it is not a risk that I am willing to take. It was certainly my right to be informed on my first appointment with him to make an informed decision! I had to find out this things looking on the internet. I met again with him and he was extremely defensive. In any case I decided to cancel the surgery 3 weeks before and I will go for non-surgery options. I wasted one year and so much money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][371832].votes_count ]]