Ratings for Dr. Daniel Flanders

My son has been seeing Dr. Flanders for 7 years for his weight. It's an ongoing struggle to keep him healthy, but Dr. Flanders keeps him motivated to keep working at it. He was once morbidly obese and a couch potato. Now he's just mildly overweight and playing high school football. Dr. Flanders says we have ourselves to thank for this, but we would have never gotten here without him. Thank you Dr. Flanders

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

We saw Dr. Flanders for my child's chronic condition, which four (FOUR!) other doctors did not help us with. He offered excellent advice, explained things in detail, gave us a plan of action, and was wonderful with my child. I only wish I had seen him sooner.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr Flanders does not listen to parents concerns, he is obnoxious and I don't feel he cares about my child.

Submitted February 5, 2017

I was very worried about my son's anxiety problem. Dr. Flanders recommended a school assessment. Turns out he has a learning disability. The school accommodations helped him so much and his anxiety is much better too. Thanl you Dr. F

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Flanders is great doctr. He helped with fever and bad ear infection. Wife is very happy with care by Dr. F.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

He is the type of doctor that suffers from the danger of viewing patients as textbook examples rather than flesh and blood individuals who differ in their symptoms and reactions. Took my son to see him and left scarred. Dr Flanders, take the time to listen carefully to what your patients tell you, especially the parents of children. No one knows their child better than his or her parents. If you are told by a mother that their child reacts badly to a particular type of medication, do not blithely state "Well, lets put him on the medication for three months and then reevaluate". Shudder! Luckily, we were able to switch a pediatrician who took the time to listen to us and did the research to confirm that 10 % of the population had the same negative reaction to the common drug used to treat the illness. Hubris, Dr, Flanders, hubris.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

He grossly misdiagnosed my child. Did not recognize the signs of multiple delays even when we pointed it out. Kept insisting it was within normal range. Which resulted in a very delayed diagnosis. The referral for further testing was made to the wrong agency which contributed to a further delay in diagnoses. Never received an apology. When i see him on TV preaching to parents my blood boils. There are many paediatricians who are much more experienced and deserving to be in front of the camera sharing their experience.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Waited over an hour to have a student show up to get started - that after the student has been in the hallway for half an hour waiting for the doctor too. No offense to the student, but after waiting I want to see the real guy. He might be great, but he clearly doesn't know how to run a clinic. Or he simply considers that "patients" should feel so "lucky"to have an appointment that he can make them wait forever without informing them he's running late (or getting his staff to do it). With 2 young kids tired and hungry, not knowing when he was coming, we just left. I don't care if he's running late, just inform people. Also, clinic is a crowded disorganized zoo, staff is kept in the dark as to what is going on. As I said he might be knowledgeable, but I'll take a doctor that respects his patients over him.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Excellent doctor! My son has autism, and does not always respond positively to every medical professional. Dr. Flanders read him very well and approaches him in a very calm and gentle manner that my son responded positively to. Dr. Flanders is a sharp Paediatrician who actually cares about kids.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Flanders publicly ridiculed vaccine injuries. As someone who has suffered a vaccine injury, I am appalled at the total disrespect that he displays. This type of behaviour demonstrates to me that he has no regard for true patient care, and he has zero empathy. He wouldn't know a vaccine reaction if it smacked him in the face!

Submitted November 27, 2015