Ratings for Dr. Y Al-Darazzi

At 6 weeks I brought my son to emergency with a cough and a little fever. Dr.Al-Darazzi was on call and he saw my son. He ordered bloodwork and urine samples right aways and admitted him in right away. It turned out my son had UTI- sepsis and was hospitalized for 3-4 weeks. Dr.Al-Darazzi made us feel good and we knew that he was in good hands. I called his office to see if he was taking new patients and tgey told me he wasn't but when I asked he said he would take him in because he already knew so much about his him. He didn't hesitate at all. Now 6 months later We are so happy with him and we are enjoying our perfectly healthy baby.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Horrible doctor. My newborn was simply having trouble with repeat cesarean, but he couldn't even diagnose that. Led me to believe my baby would die. Worse part, wouldn't even speak to me when I was in nursery, let the nurses do it. He violated protocol of hospital by having my baby on CPaP when no respiratory technician was in building. Do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Very professional and informative. Always listens to any concerns and thoughtful with recommendations.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Al Darazzi is very knowledgeable and helpful! Awesome bedside manner and he took the time to explain a procedure we had on our little newborn boy, answering all our questions. Always a friendly face in the office, just a superior doctor in my opinion! We've known him for over 7 years, and have been very happy with his practice.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Very good with my newborn daughter! Kind man and very gentle with her. My nephews also see him and he's incredible with them. When Nate had RSV he personally came to the hospital to check up on him every day and make sure all is good

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Al-Darazi is an outstanding pediatrition. When my daughter was 4 months old she was hospitalized with a respiratory infection. The doctor on call said she had rsv and would be admitted. Dr al darazi came to do his own assessment and ordered tests for pertussis. The nurses laughed and assured me it was an over kill and she did not have that. 3 days later public health called and confirmed she did. Even after she was sent home we received many phone calls from him personally checking on her recovery. And then recently at a routine check up he realized that the tubes that had been placed by specialist had become embedded and had us seen immediately by the dr who placed them who was beyond impressed that he caught it with regular equipment and that it was only the 3rd time in his 20 year career that it had happened. If this hadn't been noticed hearing loss could have occurred. I'm continually impressed and grateful for how thorough he is.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I am so pissed with this dr. He was apparently well known etc. Ive had issues with my sons legs and for sometime i kept asking to reffer us out and he didnt. Then finally said he will send us local and send a refferal to MAC. That referral didnt happen, the localized dr said my sons hips were turned inward. I believed that was false. Still waiting to hear from MAC. After almost 6 months i went back and said his condition is still the same. So i said give me that referral. So FINALLY he did and we had the appt today and that Dr said that Dr aldarazi had an idea of what his condition was, but failed to inform us and just passed it on..my child has a muscle disorder and possible cerebral palsy. Are you kidding me??? I asked for so long and i finally get my answer now and not even from him? And also i complained about my sons speech saying i know hes tongue tied and he said no hes not you just dont read to him or talk to him like an adult and i should start....seriously? I read to him every night and talk to him like an adult. After a year of considering what he said i took a photo of my son trying to stick his tongue out and he cant so i show him and he goes Oh ok maybe he is. So you let my son fall 8 months behind because you felt like i was in the wrong. Horrible dr, on thing hes good for is a check up for needles

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

My daughter was recently admitted to the hospital with a possible heart condition. After doing an ECG he said that she had the condition. And was consulting MCMaster. Came back and said the cardiologist there said her results fell within the norm so she probably doesn't have the condition, but because it runs in the family the doc in Hamilton would like to do further testing. He wrote on her discharge papers that she would be referred to MAC and also we would be called with an EEG appt. Never heard anything. Called my family Dr and they ended up doing the referrals but over a month later we are still waiting to hear from MAC With an appointment because Al-Darazi never sent the referral or the request for testing through. Very incompetent!

Submitted February 3, 2016

Beyond intelligent and knowledgeable. He is always on time and very thorough. He has been helping us deal with many issues with my daughter since she was a baby. Although I am not overly a fan of his mannerism, he has grown on me. Some may think he is a tad snobbish but in all honesty I can't give him less stars because of it. I just wish he was a tad bit more sympathetic and warm. Regardless of that, he is an incredible paediatrician and in terms of being a great Doctor, that he is. He also has no problem with referring the best of the best in Hamilton.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Will not even look at you child unless he receiveds a referral. Didn't even care my child was admitted to the hospital. Discussed!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015