Ratings for Dr. John Craig Fielding

A few weeks ago I became Dr. Fielding’s patient. For years, I was the “owner” of a huge size Ganglion cyst on my right hand. Being the type of person that avoids doctors at any cost (especially surgeons and hospitals)- I mastered the art of disguising this very ugly addition to my hand. Finally, my family, especially my daughter, convinced me that all natural treatments will not eradicate the cyst and I have to find a surgeon. A close family physician highly recommended Dr. Fielding and his work. During the first meeting, he diagnosed the ganglion as a lipoma cyst, discussed his experience as a surgeon and the number of similar surgeries he performs annually. He was able to make me feel comfortable and made me almost look forward to the day of the surgery and not be paralyzed with fear. The surgery took place at St. Joseph Hospital on November 22nd. The fact that so many of the nurses who were preparing me for the surgery kept reassuring me that I am in best hands- was also very comforting. So, it’s done! The healing process is progressing smoothly; well beyond my expectations. The incision was done in the perfect place on my hand and soon there will only be a small scar. I am realizing what a life changer this entire procedure was and my appreciation for Dr. Fielding’s knowledge, experience, competence and expertise is endless. Thank you, Izabela

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Had gynecomastia surgery. That's what he specialises in. The staff was okay. The punctuality was not great. He was helpful but his knowledge in this operation was one of the best for I say thank you Dr fielding. You did change my life for a great price. Thanks again.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Though I had minor procedures done with this doctor, the experience was very good. He is very nice and right to the point. I appreciated that. I have never waited for more than 5 minutes. Well managed practice.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Excellent Surgeon. I have had two surgeries with Dr Fielding and have nothing but praise for his abilities. As well, I find him to be extremely pleasant, and very professional. One of my surgeries was a breast reduction and I can honestly tell you that I experienced no pain at all. In fact, I walked home from the hospital the morning after surgery and felt wonderful. The second surgery was removal of excess skin above my eyes and, again, no pain and an absolutely marvellous result. Amazing, friendly and professional staff. Really, I can't say enough great things about my experiences with Dr Fielding and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I had a wrist cyst removed by Dr. Fielding. Very professional and skilled. Excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

I just had minor surgery with Dr Fielding and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was supposed to have 2 "bolts" removed from a previous surgery and he couldn't even get them out. I was left in the operating room for over 20 minutes after he had already cut open my finger to look for a compatible removal tool. He told the nurse he was getting annoyed that the "bolt" wasn't coming out and I said "you're telling me" which prompted him to get upset and said if I'm not in pain I'm not allowed to complain about anything. He was very condescending, rude, and had little to no regard with the way I was feeling. While he was attempting to remove the "bolt" from my finger, I felt my whole knuckle shift from the pressure which made me groan and shift uncomfortably. His response to that was an annoyed and condescending "are u ok?". To top it off, he gave me a prescription for Tylenol 2s, which might as well be nothing after he went to town on my finger. He told me I shouldn't be in any pain, but gave me the prescription just in case. It's been 30 minutes since my surgery and my finger is already throbbing and very sore. I'm supposed to have a follow up with him in a couple of weeks but I am making arrangements to see someone else, because I never want to see that man again. He is absolutely one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered.

Submitted May 11, 2017

I understand that people on here are giving fielding some nasty reviews. People who haven't even had surgery done by him but simply went for a consultation...which there opinion should be dismissed as they cant even provide an adequate answer as to the expertise of the surgeon and outcome of the surgery. I understand everyone has there opinion and I am no expert in how he performs every surgery, but I am here for a gynocomastia review. I had some concerns after my initial consultation as to how quickly it was and if I was in good care as a lot of people on here have mentioned...my surgery was booked because I felt his price was reasonable and at the time I was facing severe depression do to my gynocomastia. I became obsessive over it and felt uncomfortable even taken my shirt off around my gf at the time. I would constantly look in the mirror and feel large glandular tissue under my nipples. I was extremely distressed for almost a year before taking action. I did my research and came across Dr.Fielding. Upon my consultation I was skeptical but understood he was thorough enough to assess me and tell me the truth. That I was indeed suffering from gyno and that he could perform the surgery successfully. Sensitive people wouldve found this approach rude but looking back at it I'm happy that somebody could finally tell me out loud what I already knew. He is a surgeon and this review is based on my individual outcome. I could see that be was very professional and busy which to me were all good things. And though he may not have sugar coated or tried to be something hes not he was still very nice and approachable to me. I booked my surgery a week later after some thinking. Once surgery was over I was in a vest for some time over two weeks. There was lots of bruising and I was very concered when the vest came off, but after several months I started to look very natural. Anyways I am two years post surgery and I couldnt be happier with the results. My chest looks absolutely amazing, very natural, and the scars are hidden so well I cannot even find them. I Dr. Fielding not only helped transform my appearance, but also my mentality. I no longer suffer from the depression I had before surgery and I have because much more happy and comfortable in my body. Dr. Fielding has my ablsolute respect when it comes to gynocomstia and his expertise helped define a huge change in my life. If you are considering gynocomastia I would not hesitate to get it done by him. Results speak louder than any person claiming hes a one star surgeon due to his receptionist. It is absolutely wrong to judge his abilities and expertise on this. He has changed my life in all honesty and if any other man suffers from this not only is his price good, it is worth it ten fold. Not one person has noticed scarring or would even think I had this surgery. I can take my shirt off at the beach and again I am over the moon about my outcome. Thank you Dr. Fielding for changing my life. I hope that you can see past certain comments and believe me when I say they he is the best when it comes to gynocomastia.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Nasty does not even come close to describing this doctor. I had surgery done and developed an infection. He was too busy to see me and wouldn't even return my calls. I ended up seeing another physician who immediately prescribed antibiotics. Dr Fielding definitely deserves his horrible, horrible secretary Leslie. She should not be allowed to work with patients. RUDE, nasty, ugly person. What a team!! Run, don't walk if you're referred to this doctor. Unbelievable!!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Had gynocomastia procedure done by him because apparently has or had a good reputation in this field. Unfortunately I did not a have good outcome. Did a terrible job, one of my breasts is deformed and very unnatural looking after the procedure and looks worse than before. Now I need to save money to have the procedure redone by a another doctor. Would definitely NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

I never leave reviews for anything but I felt the need to share my experience which it seems many others feel the same. I found Dr. Fielding extremely rude and dismissive. from the consultation to the minor surgery i had with him- when he walked into the surgery room, he didn't acknowledge or even look at me. Didn't answer my questions and made me feel like I was stupid for asking. The conversation between him and the assisting nurse was rude and inappropriate. During my consultation, he said " many people leave have glass in their body and go on without getting it removed. I don't think you need to" Um, yeah, I'd like a foreign object taken out that's causing me pain thanks. He only took one out of the two pieces of glass out. I didn't even bother saying anything as I knew he said he wouldn't look for it if it was hard to find and I just wanted out of there. Go to someone else!!!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016