Ratings for Dr. Arnie Newton

I was referred to this guy about eight years ago for symptoms that turned out to be caused by a prolactinoma. I'd never been to a gynecologist before, and in walks this massively obese old man, red in the face and panting. About the worst first impression a gynecologist could make. When I said I was a virgin, he tried to cajole me into admitting I wasn't by saying things like, "come on, a pretty girl like you?" EWWW. Like the only reason a young person would be a virgin was because they didn't have any offers? And nobody wants to hear that the doctor who might be performing gynecological exams on you finds you sexually attractive. That comment clinched it for me that he wasn't going to get to do the vaginal exam he was clearly desperate to do, but it sure took a lot of stubborn "nos" to get him to accept this. He was really visibly angry that I wouldn't let him, even though I'd told him that my GP had told me it was medically unnecessary to do pap smears on virgins of my young age, and even though my symptoms (breast changes and milk production) had little to do with my nether regions, and even though my GP was already of the opinion that it was a prolactinoma and a prolactin blood test was what was needed. He kept bringing up throughout the appointment - in a really pouty tone - that I "wouldn't let" him do a vaginal exam. Even if somehow it was a reasonable request, why would I allow a sexist creep to stick things in my vagina? Um, no. I see by the more recent reviews that he hasn't changed and he's still traumatizing women with impunity.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

The best of the best! I really appreciate his professionalism. I'm thankful . .

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

I once again come here to say nothing but wonderful things about this Doctor. I visited him for a medical abortion, which was not my first and suffering from extreme guilt about it and even feeling suicidal. I suffer from mental illness so sometimes I make poor reckless deiscions that I later greatly regret and punish myself for. I asked him if he would tie my tubes after the procedure was complete because I am clearly unable to be responsible with my birth control. He told me that in no exact words that I am doing my best, and making the best choices I know how to make, and that there is no need to punish myself with a drastic procedure that has a chance of being irreversible, should I want kids in the future when I am stable (I am young.), and that I have every right to live a happy successful life after this. He went over comprehensive birth control options with me to ensure this never happens again. Here I would like to mention the wait time. Regardless of the fact I waited a long time, that's obviously because he doesn't cut visits short until he feels his medical information has been properly explained and the patient is comfortable. He spent quite a while with me so he could make the impression on me and didnt stop the visit until he was sure I was in a better frame of mind about everything. I think that the story below where he joked that he had never seen a cyst before was probably due to (from what I read) the patient being a nervous wreck about the pregnancy and he was trying to lighten the mood and help her worry less, however I think it just came across wrong. He is an amazing doctor and actually very empathic, cares for his patients so much and wants to ensure that any potential complications do not arise. He doesn't only care about the issue you see him for he care about you as a person . If anything he may come across that way because he is so focused on your health. As for the woman who said she feels sorry for young women seeing him for sensitive issues because we must be traumatized, I can state very clearly that the only reason I was able to get through that difficult time was because of his kindness, and the care he provided is the only reason I am NOT tramuatized by the experience. I would also like to add that I have trauma from sexual abuse and am very wary of male doctors in general, and he has never made me feel anything less then completely comfortable and that the only thing he is focused on is my health and wellness. If it were in my power to give him an award of some kind, I would. I will admit some of his staff are pretty bitchy. I tried to explain to the ultrasound tech before she began that she would have to look transvaginally as the pregnancy was only two weeks (as sometimes they don't have the proper machine in the room right away) and she cut me off and said how about you let me do my job. I was ooooook then but who cares. Worth it to deal with her to see Dr. newton.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

PLEASE AVOID THIS DOCTOR!!!! If you want a doctor that's condescending and lazy with terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE bedside manner... Then go see him. I was stuck sitting in his office for almost 2 hours after waiting 45 minutes initially to see him. He never even apologized for the wait. He hardly made any eye contact with me and just drilled me with questions while looking at a sheet of paper. He proceeded to tell me that I had a cyst on my ovary but said not to worry because it's fairly common during pregnancy. I never heard of this cyst and asked him if he sees it often and he looked at me with a very serious look (first time the whole visit that he made eye contact with me) and he told me "this is actually the first time I've ever seen kind this cyst". My heart dropped and I'm sure he saw me get pale. Then he began laughing and said he was "just kidding" and grabbed my leg in a joking manner. I wanted to slap him and cry at the same time. People gave reviews saying that they like that Dr. Newton is straight forward and that people who complain about him are just "sensitive". That is completely untrue. I am not an overly sensitive person whatsoever. I'm actually very down to earth and a good judge of character. I work as an RN so I've seen alot and been through alot. I've also worked with many physicians but NEVER one as rude as Dr. Newton. It's hard to explain exactly the vibes that you get from him but I'd like to chop it up to a dislike of the profession because he clearly does not like his job . I feel sorry for the young girls that see him for sensitive issues... I'm sure they're traumatized. Oh, and his nurse, wow. It's like they feed off each other. She was so cold and didn't once look at me when booking my next appointment. She sighed when I told her I worked on the day she wanted to book me on and I asked if she had any availabilities in the morning and she said, "if I did I wouldve told you". She had a quick snarky remark for anything I said and literally threw my follow up card at me. What a terrible experience. Please avoid this doctor and his staff at all cost. I'm so surprised they're still employed in their profession.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Extremely condescending and cold regarding my miscarriage. He told me I should avoid a D&C at al costs, which put me at risk of hemorrhage and more uterine damage from leftover products of conception. He should stop providing outdated information to women. He also told me I did “a good job” following my misoprostol experience and refused to listen to the trauma I experienced as a result of it. Never again.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr Newton et son equipe! je veux juste remercie infiniment Maureen l'infermiere , elle est super personne .Dr Newton pour ma premiere visite j'ai ete bien il m'a mis tres confortable j'ai adore ma 2 visite est terrible il parle juste l'anglais trop vite j'arrive pas a comprendre puis il est fache quand je lui dit je veux un interprete. l'attente toujours plus qu'une heure. je continue avec lui je temps je serai transfert pour un autre.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I really liked him. I agree that he is more of a direct individual, but he was kind, caring and professional. I personally appreciate direct people so perhaps this why he was such a good fit for me.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Literally the worst doctor I have ever come across. I pray that he retires very soon so people do not need to encounter such coldness. Soundcare Medical is such a great place, but this Dr.'s energy just ruins it. I would never ever recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I had an great experience with Dr. Newton, he is very informed and a clear communicator. He made me feel very comfortable considering the delicate nature of the type of appointment I had with him. This is a non-judgmental office and I am surprised to see such a low rating for this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Terrible experience with this insensitive doctor , should not be working with women

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017