Ratings for Dr. Malcolm Foxcroft

I was so cruelly treated and with such a lack of respect during contact with this doctor it was more harmful than helpful. His lack of empathy and kindness was astonishing for someone practicing in this profession.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I've read some of the reviews - Dr Foxcroft has been great. I think blaming a doctor (psychiatrist) for your problems because he didn't help might say more about your own problems than his treatment. It seems a bit of nonsense to think that a doctor is the only thing that is going to help you....he provides the tools to assist, the rest is up to you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Talks about other patients negatively. Not trustworthy. Cleary only cares about lining his wallet. Has so many patients that he gives VERY few the time and help they are needing. My life went out of control whilst I was seeing him. It was only saved because I stopped seeing him.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I saw Dr Malcolm Foxcroft for all of 3 months and in that time, he used every one of my sessions to talk about and compare other patients- past and current- to me. Not only this alone, but naming them. I am leaving this review because after he mentioned to me 4 times of his patient under an ITO who in his words- "took her own life by jumping off a bloody bridge," and telling me, "don't do anything stupid like that," well that was it. I will never not feel sickened by this doctor's attitude. Malcolm Foxcroft is deranged and most certainly needs investigating by the Board as suggested in another review below.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

This is a dangerous practitioner. All those people who think they owe their lives to his care have no idea what is said about them behind closed doors by him to his colleagues/staff. He is arrogant and cares only about the income you are bringing in for him. Do not trust this man. Do not waste your time. He seriously needs investigating by the Board.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

This doctor is an arrogant and egotistical narcissist on the brink of insanity. I became more concerned about his mental health than my own. Malcolm Foxcroft is the most unprofessional and unwell doctor I have met in my lifetime.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is rude, arrogant and always running late because he has too many patients.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Fabulous doctor. Definitely helps you develop insight into what is going on for you and why. Always makes time when you need it, which does make it hard for him to be punctual. Couldn't recommend him more highly.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

This man never gives up. I gave up on myself, my family gave up. He didn't, he is always determined to solve the riddle of the medication combo, he listens when I put my foot down about my medication side effects. He listens when I tell him what's going on in my head and he calls my lies when needed. He may not seem like he is paying attention but every now and then he will say something to remind you of what was said a few months prior. He's supportive and he does lack compassion, I don't see him for that. I've got family for compassion. I've got Mal to fight for me with the battles in my head. He does his job and he does it well. Best qualities: straight shooter and never ever gives up, worst quality: always late, think about why he is late though (he never rushes my ass out the door when I see him) so ring a few hrs before you go and the reception will advise how late he is running.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I saw Malcolm for more than 5 years for anorexia nervosa, OCD and anxiety. He pushed me hard, yelled at me, and threatened I would die, and bullied me in to doing things I didn't want to do. Sometimes I hated him. But this man undoubtedly saved my life on more than one occasion. He pushed me to reach my full potential when everyone else (including my family) had given up on me. But he also laughed with me, encouraged me, and helped me to find my worth as a person. If you can't take tough love, or if you have borderline personality disorder, he is probably not the doctor for you. He prescribes minimal medication and admits minimally to hospital so you can be sure that if he is pushing high-dose drugs or an admission, it's because you need them. He won't see you every day in hospital but if you need him and you say so, he is there. He's always late at his rooms but if you call up and ask how late he's running they'll tell you. In three months I will be graduating as a medical doctor - a task he set me to work towards more than ten years ago. Thank you Mal!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015