You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Arni Sekar

I have had three colonoscopies and his Star Endoscopy clinic is the worst. You buy a Bi-Peglyte bowel prep kit for $32 at the pharmacy. It contains three laxative pills and two sachets of powder to be mixed with a litre of water each and you chug-a-lug this salty-fruity mix into you. Over the next day you cannot eat and your loose bowel movements turn to a clear watery discharge. The information mailed to you says you have a choice, every patient is drugged into amnesia and unconsciousness with IV propofol, midazolam/versed, ketamine and/or fentanyl. You have no choice. The objective is to complete as many procedures as possible in the least time without patients knowing how they are rolled around on the table and manipulated with abdominal compression for anal scope intubation. Dr. Sekar does not want to waste time scoping gently. You need to have a minder pick you up and take you home but there is little nearby parking. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Very dismissive. Was 1.25 hours late for my upper GI. I had ulcerative colitis and I was having some pain. After my upper GI I asked about an appointment to check my stoma. He told me to go through my GP for a referral.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

This doctor diagnosed me without listening to all my symptoms, and before he even examined me. He jumped to a diagnosis of IBS, even though I have many red flags and symptoms that don't match. I would not recommend him, and my family doctor agreed that his analysis was lacking.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Submitted February 25, 2016

Love the staff and Dr.Sekar is a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I chose Dr. Sekar using this website. My experience with him and his clinic was excellent. And by the way, both the procedure and the preparation were a piece of cake. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Wonderful doctor -- communicative and caring. Great bedside manner. Quickly put me at ease and took all the time needed to explain the results of my sigmoidoscopy.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Went to see Dr. Sekar for an endoscopy, and even though results were negative and his job was pretty much done with me, his office went above and beyond to help me find that my pains were caused by my gallbladder. And then refered me to a surgeon to have it removed. And did it very quickly too (whereas my family doctor was taking her sweet time). Thank you so much to Dr. Sekar and wonderfull staff..It's much appreciated!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Arni Sekar's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have had three colonoscopies and his Star Endoscopy clinic is the worst. You buy a Bi-Peglyte bowel prep kit for $32 at the pharmacy. It contains three laxati..."

May 23, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very dismissive. Was 1.25 hours late for my upper GI. I had ulcerative colitis and I was having some pain. After my upper GI I asked about an appointment to che..."

May 12, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor diagnosed me without listening to all my symptoms, and before he even examined me. He jumped to a diagnosis of IBS, even though I have many red flag..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant, dismissive, doesn't listen, doesn't care. One of the most rude and disrespectful doctors I have ever dealt with."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love the staff and Dr.Sekar is a wonderful doctor! "

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Super doctor and clinic experience. He took his time explained everything and followed up personally. A caring professional doctor. "

September 20, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K2E 1A2". Address has been updated from "None" to "2 Gurdwara Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16137293179".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose Dr. Sekar using this website. My experience with him and his clinic was excellent. And by the way, both the procedure and the preparation were a piece o..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome. Dr. Sekar has been looking after me for more than 20 years. Without his help my life would have been a lot different. Thanks""

December 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor -- communicative and caring. Great bedside manner. Quickly put me at ease and took all the time needed to explain the results of my sigmoidosco..."

September 26, 2014