Ratings for Dr. Arni Sekar

Best doctor I have ever had. The first time I saw him I was very very sick. I had had a very traumatic experience with my last gastro and really had given up hope. Dr Sekar calmed my fears, got my medicine and doseage correct and I started to thrive and have a life again. He saw me as frequently as needed to ensure I kept getting better and he reassured me that if I started to get sick his nurse could get me in to see him within 24 hours. Under his care I was able to start working again (full time) and have a life. I am so grateful to Dr Sekar for his care, compassion and fantastic bedside manner. One of a kind doctor and a wonderful human being. I am so lucky I was able to be his patient.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

been my doctor for past 25 years thanks to his constant removal of polyps during this time i have avoided any operations Fantastic Doctor & man

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Has been my doctor for many years now. And thanks to him my Chrons has been in remission for several years. Had a scope June 5th 2017 still no sign of the chrons. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Took over 2 years for a dr to finally diagnose me, he finally did. yes things come up there is emergencies but i think he has always been a good dr. he calls a spade a spade. if you need to lose weight he tells you, you should quit smoking he will tell you..he is a dr and thats his job

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I would not recommend dr Sekar. Rude and arrogant. Kept me waiting on the procedure table for 2 hours whil he was on the phone. Did a colonoscopy and then said oh you are cured. This is after having a Ostomy for 2 years. Seriously he did a scope and that cured me. Never again

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Finally someone who figured out what was wrong with me. Excellent dr. Shame he is retiring.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Excellent Doctor. Very competent and on time. I will recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I've been to Dr. Sekar twice and calling him a doctor is being generous. This man has no care, compassion or time for you or your problems. Originally referred to him for issues related to my esophagus, he gave me a prescription and told me because I'm a smoker I'd be on them the rest of my life with no attempt to help me quit or actually solve the problem. It turns out he was wrong and because of this I've lived with vasculitis for nearly two years and slowly degenerated. Thankfully I was referred to a real doctor recently who was actually interested in helping and had a diagnosis in less than two weeks. Thanks for almost killing me with your callous indifference.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Unfortunately it is not possible to leave no stars for a rating. Find someone else. This doctor is in it for one thing only... $. Mean, detached, lacks empathy... the list goes on. How do some professionals hold onto their licences?

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

The absolute worse experience of my life. If you are healthy and want an examination I'm sure he is fine. But if you are sick with an IBD, he has zero empathy. I went to this Dr. 30 years ago when I was diagnosed with UC. He offered no general at all. He was rough, impatient and I remember being so sick and in pain that I was moaning while he performed the scope. He told me at one time to "keep it down". I was fortunate to be referred to another Dr. for further treatment. Due to my UC, I had my colon removed a couple years later and had a procedure done called an ileal pouch anal anastomosis (IPAA). I can tell you that I have seen countless professionals and had countless colonoscopies before and since my surgeries but nothing as horrible as what I went through in my brief appointment with Dr. Sekar compares. This man does not care and in my opinion should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016