Ratings for Dr. Arni Sekar

been my doctor for past 25 years thanks to his constant removal of polyps during this time i have avoided any operations Fantastic Doctor & man

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Has been my doctor for many years now. And thanks to him my Chrons has been in remission for several years. Had a scope June 5th 2017 still no sign of the chrons. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Took over 2 years for a dr to finally diagnose me, he finally did. yes things come up there is emergencies but i think he has always been a good dr. he calls a spade a spade. if you need to lose weight he tells you, you should quit smoking he will tell you..he is a dr and thats his job

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I would not recommend dr Sekar. Rude and arrogant. Kept me waiting on the procedure table for 2 hours whil he was on the phone. Did a colonoscopy and then said oh you are cured. This is after having a Ostomy for 2 years. Seriously he did a scope and that cured me. Never again

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Finally someone who figured out what was wrong with me. Excellent dr. Shame he is retiring.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Excellent Doctor. Very competent and on time. I will recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I've been to Dr. Sekar twice and calling him a doctor is being generous. This man has no care, compassion or time for you or your problems. Originally referred to him for issues related to my esophagus, he gave me a prescription and told me because I'm a smoker I'd be on them the rest of my life with no attempt to help me quit or actually solve the problem. It turns out he was wrong and because of this I've lived with vasculitis for nearly two years and slowly degenerated. Thankfully I was referred to a real doctor recently who was actually interested in helping and had a diagnosis in less than two weeks. Thanks for almost killing me with your callous indifference.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Unfortunately it is not possible to leave no stars for a rating. Find someone else. This doctor is in it for one thing only... $. Mean, detached, lacks empathy... the list goes on. How do some professionals hold onto their licences?

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

The absolute worse experience of my life. If you are healthy and want an examination I'm sure he is fine. But if you are sick with an IBD, he has zero empathy. I went to this Dr. 30 years ago when I was diagnosed with UC. He offered no general at all. He was rough, impatient and I remember being so sick and in pain that I was moaning while he performed the scope. He told me at one time to "keep it down". I was fortunate to be referred to another Dr. for further treatment. Due to my UC, I had my colon removed a couple years later and had a procedure done called an ileal pouch anal anastomosis (IPAA). I can tell you that I have seen countless professionals and had countless colonoscopies before and since my surgeries but nothing as horrible as what I went through in my brief appointment with Dr. Sekar compares. This man does not care and in my opinion should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Beginning of March 2016, at my doctor' request, I had a follow-up with Dr. Arni Sekar, and found his behaviour nasty and bad tempered. He said he did not want to see me. Why then did he accept my referral and made me wait seven months to tell me that? He had no interested in my aggravated symptoms and refuse to discuss them. Instead he turned into a psychologist/psychiatrist (I am female!), a profession he is not qualified nor licensed to do. I wonder if he billed OHIP for this appointment and the medical services he did not render. Luckily my doctor referred me to a more serious gastroenterologist who was very helpful Unfortunately, thanks to Dr. Sekar, I had to wait and suffer several more months.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016