Ratings for Dr. Arni Sekar

This is a doctor from your nightmares. He is extremely arrogant, dismissive, unhelpful, rude and condescending. He literally refused to help me in any way, shape or form. He refused to do any tests for my symptoms, which seem indicative of Laryngopharyngeal reflux (a hard-to-treat form of GERD). Instead, after pushing completely ineffective proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) on me, which, although very effective for GERD, are proven not to be better than placebo when it comes to LPR, Dr. Sekar basically yelled at me, inferred that everything was in my head, and told me he couldn't help me "anymore" (as if he ever did)... I would venture to say that this doctor is borderline sadistic and enjoys watching his patients suffer in desperation and pain. There are plenty of ways to explore my symptoms, but when his easy "magic pill" didn't work, Dr. Sekar immediately gave up on me even though I begged him for more tests/options. Beware: As a traditional man, Dr. Sekar doesn't want you to do any homework on your troublesome symptoms! I'm not being xenophobic, as I am an immigrant myself, but this quasi-professional is a patronizing, power-tripping, all-knowing, aged patriarch, set in his own ways and archaic knowledge (as evidenced by a similar comment below). Because of him, I'm still in pain, the cause/origin/mechanism of which he refused to even begin to explore. I'm very depressed and feel hopeless because of this man. Mr. Sekar, you are not a doctor. You are a self-possessed, uncaring, sadistic, offensive, miserable, perfidious and downright dangerous excuse for a doctor. I hope your life treats you the way you treat your patients. Avoid Dr. Sekar at all costs!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

The doctor was rude and overbearing from the moment he stepped into the treatment room almost 1.5 hours after I checked into the office at the required time. Afterwards he was arrogant and patronizing . He prescribe a n expensive drug that turns out not to be covered by my insurance. When I raised a question about its possible harmful effect on bone density, he rudely dismissed my concern and gave me the impression that as a woman my question was not worth considering. I was definitely not impressed, although I don't doubt his knowledge and competence. The anesthetist and all the other staff were wonderful.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I have had three colonoscopies and his Star Endoscopy clinic is the worst. You buy a Bi-Peglyte bowel prep kit for $32 at the pharmacy. It contains three laxative pills and two sachets of powder to be mixed with a litre of water each and you chug-a-lug this salty-fruity mix into you. Over the next day you cannot eat and your loose bowel movements turn to a clear watery discharge. The information mailed to you says you have a choice, every patient is drugged into amnesia and unconsciousness with IV propofol, midazolam/versed, ketamine and/or fentanyl. You have no choice. The objective is to complete as many procedures as possible in the least time without patients knowing how they are rolled around on the table and manipulated with abdominal compression for anal scope intubation. Dr. Sekar does not want to waste time scoping gently. You need to have a minder pick you up and take you home but there is little nearby parking. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Very dismissive. Was 1.25 hours late for my upper GI. I had ulcerative colitis and I was having some pain. After my upper GI I asked about an appointment to check my stoma. He told me to go through my GP for a referral.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

This doctor diagnosed me without listening to all my symptoms, and before he even examined me. He jumped to a diagnosis of IBS, even though I have many red flags and symptoms that don't match. I would not recommend him, and my family doctor agreed that his analysis was lacking.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Arrogant, dismissive, doesn't listen, doesn't care. One of the most rude and disrespectful doctors I have ever dealt with.

Submitted February 25, 2016

Love the staff and Dr.Sekar is a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Super doctor and clinic experience. He took his time explained everything and followed up personally. A caring professional doctor.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I chose Dr. Sekar using this website. My experience with him and his clinic was excellent. And by the way, both the procedure and the preparation were a piece of cake. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Awesome. Dr. Sekar has been looking after me for more than 20 years. Without his help my life would have been a lot different. Thanks"

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014