Ratings for Dr. Ferhana Tahir

There receptionists are absolutely terrible. However, dr tahir is great. The only reason i avoid this clinic is due to 1 specific receptionist who is never helpful rather always provides the wrong information making my family and i go through a hustle to achieve 1 simple task.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr.Tahir is lovely. I would recommend her to anyone. The receptionist is extremely rude, ignorant, and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Very kind and compassionate doctor. She is efficient without making me feel rushed out.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I really Like Dr Tahir, some of her staff is another story

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I agree with the previous rating. Last week I sat in the walk in waiting room which is no problem. I understand doctors are overworked. However I heard that same receptionist on the phone get rude with a patient and say "don't use that tone with me." She then said "I'm hanging up now! " and then hung up. I thought nothing of it and as a one off, but when I phoned today after speaking with staff who had unfortunately misdirected me, she used the exact same ignorant tone and wording " don't use that tone with me." And began to speak aggressive and rude. She did not provide her name (and honestly who would after speaking to clients like this) and hung up the phone abruptly. This was not my mistake and was is a poor representation of dr.tahir and the other doctors within the clinic. I am not a sick person (thank gawd) and requires a simple solution to a simple problem. This receptionist has no empathetic listening skills , nor does she understand effective communication. She immediately became emotional when a logical answer was needed. It's a shame, because as the previous review claimed everyone else, reception, nurses and doctors are great, but who wants to call or come in when that one aggressive person might be who you end up dealing with.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr. Tahir has been our family doctor for 7 years now and she's a great doctor. My son loves going there. All the RNs and RPNs that works there are amazing. Nurse Betty , Jackie, Trish are few of them. Connie is always nice to patients at the reception. Except there's this one receptionist who's very rude and act like she owns the place.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

She has been my doctor for a few years and she is great! She now treats my baby and she couldn't be better with him!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

We were seen by Dr. Tahir at Lakeridge Health Bowmanville earlier this month, my son had suffered 2nd degree Scald burns from his Chin, chest, rt shoulder, lower torso, and upper groin area. We arrived by ambulance, and even the ambulance attendants expressed their frustration when we were initially ignored while my 1 year old son was screaming in the hall. It was about 20 minutes we waited to be seen. Dr. Tahir, barely assessed my son, and documented an completely inaccurate portryal of the affected area. She prescribed a burn cream and dressing changes 3X/day. No one showed us how to do the dressing or provided us with supplies. We were sent home without any regard to how I would get my son home. We immediately left and got seen elsewehre. turns out my son was admitted to Sick Kids where he was seen by the Plastic surgery team and sedated for a debridement procedure to ensure proper healing of the wound. And to think she was just going to send us home!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I am very disappointed with Dr. Tahir and her staff the way she have handled my case. I had a Ultra sound with a positive report and failed to do all necessary steps to treat my case. Her and the staff are lack of knowledge and unhelpful. They failed to show compassion and lack of interest to help me. My condition got worsen until someone advise me to seek other opinion from a different dr. I do believed that she does not even take her time to review lab results when she ordered it. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I switched doctors five years ago, and have been seeing Dr.Tahir ever since. I am so glad I did, as the last doctor I saw seemed inexperienced and I did not feel confident that I was getting good quality care. Dr.Tahir clearly knows what she is doing, she makes referrals to specialists when something is outside of her scope, and she answers questions well. She also provides wonderful care for my infant. My only complaint is the office she works at, it is a very, very busy office. With walk-in appointments, and several doctors on staff, the staff seem stressed and too busy. The waiting room is often very full of people, (hard to not get too close to sick people). Despite this, it is worth it to have such a good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014