Ratings for Dr. Ferhana Tahir

my comment is that this doctor should have her license pulled she totally mis- diagnosed my partner not once or twice did we go and see her we went a total of 4 times and each time she diagnosed the problem as constipation, well after my parnters stomach had reached a point where she was in agony we were sent to lakeridge hospital and she was admitted and we were told she had stage 4 ovarian cancer this doctor ran all the tests from blood work to cat scans and 5 days after the cat scan she had not done one bit of follow up that's when i called her clinic and threatened to report her because i shouldn't have to chase the doctor to find out whats wrong, the nurse looked at the results and said you should take her to emerg right away, they drained " 6litres" of fluid out of my partners stomach, but all this doctor could say was it was constipation, we went to the emerg in bowmanville because we thought that this doctor maybe working at lakeridge in oshawa, but it was our lucky day she was on call at the hospital in bowmanville, now this is where this situation get real, she came to see us, she didn't even acknowledge me and sat on the bed and told my partner that she was so sorry and gave some crocodile tears, and get this she told my partner NOT to have chemo can you believe the audacity of this woman, anyways we were told she had 6 weeks to live and i am so happy that she didn't listen to this useless doctor we have had 4 rounds of chemo and she is doing so well and i am so proud of her, and by the way not once has this so called FAMILY doctor called to see how shes doing, i am sending an email to the ministry of health and relaying the same message i am sending here. my rating of this doctor doesn't deserve a rating.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

Dr. Tahir has been our family doctor for 8 years and I am thankful for that, she listens to what our concerns or symptoms are and follows up and sends referrals as need in a timely mannor. I feel we have her undivided attention when in for an appt and have always been seen on time or within 15 mins of appt time. She is an excellent doctor and provides excellent care!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

There receptionists are absolutely terrible. However, dr tahir is great. The only reason i avoid this clinic is due to 1 specific receptionist who is never helpful rather always provides the wrong information making my family and i go through a hustle to achieve 1 simple task.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr.Tahir is lovely. I would recommend her to anyone. The receptionist is extremely rude, ignorant, and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Very kind and compassionate doctor. She is efficient without making me feel rushed out.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I really Like Dr Tahir, some of her staff is another story

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I agree with the previous rating. Last week I sat in the walk in waiting room which is no problem. I understand doctors are overworked. However I heard that same receptionist on the phone get rude with a patient and say "don't use that tone with me." She then said "I'm hanging up now! " and then hung up. I thought nothing of it and as a one off, but when I phoned today after speaking with staff who had unfortunately misdirected me, she used the exact same ignorant tone and wording " don't use that tone with me." And began to speak aggressive and rude. She did not provide her name (and honestly who would after speaking to clients like this) and hung up the phone abruptly. This was not my mistake and was is a poor representation of dr.tahir and the other doctors within the clinic. I am not a sick person (thank gawd) and requires a simple solution to a simple problem. This receptionist has no empathetic listening skills , nor does she understand effective communication. She immediately became emotional when a logical answer was needed. It's a shame, because as the previous review claimed everyone else, reception, nurses and doctors are great, but who wants to call or come in when that one aggressive person might be who you end up dealing with.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr. Tahir has been our family doctor for 7 years now and she's a great doctor. My son loves going there. All the RNs and RPNs that works there are amazing. Nurse Betty , Jackie, Trish are few of them. Connie is always nice to patients at the reception. Except there's this one receptionist who's very rude and act like she owns the place.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

She has been my doctor for a few years and she is great! She now treats my baby and she couldn't be better with him!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

We were seen by Dr. Tahir at Lakeridge Health Bowmanville earlier this month, my son had suffered 2nd degree Scald burns from his Chin, chest, rt shoulder, lower torso, and upper groin area. We arrived by ambulance, and even the ambulance attendants expressed their frustration when we were initially ignored while my 1 year old son was screaming in the hall. It was about 20 minutes we waited to be seen. Dr. Tahir, barely assessed my son, and documented an completely inaccurate portryal of the affected area. She prescribed a burn cream and dressing changes 3X/day. No one showed us how to do the dressing or provided us with supplies. We were sent home without any regard to how I would get my son home. We immediately left and got seen elsewehre. turns out my son was admitted to Sick Kids where he was seen by the Plastic surgery team and sedated for a debridement procedure to ensure proper healing of the wound. And to think she was just going to send us home!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014