Ratings for Dr. James S. Forage

Dr. Forage operated on my mother to remove a large brain tumor. The prognosis was poor. The presurgical consult was a shock. He was curt, flippant, and indifferent. Stared at the computer and typed. No effort made to answer our questions. He concluded very brief appointment by ushering us out the door to the scheduler's office. His last words were I'll be there to do the surgery tomorrow if I don't call in sick. My mother died 12 days after surgery. We saw Dr Forage immediately after the surgery to get his report but never saw the man again and his PA came once to our knowledge. If it wasn't for the hospitalist,we would have been in the dark on my mom's condition. I caution other patients and their families. There must be other neurosurgeons in Vegas that are more caring or professional than this rude arrogant man.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

This doctor/surgeon may be very good, however, his assistant Cassie is a pitbull. It's impossible to get a return call from her, even if it is an emergency. She even says on her voice mail that if you leave multiple messages, it will only delay her getting back to you. I have been waiting over one week, in unbearable pain, to hear back from her just to schedule a follow up visit because what he suggested the first time I saw him, did not work. I cannot believe that this woman is allowed to play with someone's life/health in this manner!!! This woman needs a serious lesson in humanity.

Submitted August 22, 2016

Ready to use a knife quickly watch out what's the percentage that I will feel better doc oh bout a 70% so happen I fall in that 30% range . Well no surgery is guaranteed. Exactly that's what I'm getting at.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Reading these reviews actually makes me laugh because everything that has been mentioned seemed to sum up my visit to a T. He must have spoken about 3 words the entire time while staring at his computer. My entire visit was me telling him my symptoms/pain while he looked like this was the last place in the world he wanted to be. Staff was great, but this guy was pretty painful to be around.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

This Dr is the worst i have ever encountered If you take your health and well being seriously then do not seek out the services of this Dr.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Amazing Doctor. Back in 2007 I was diagnosed with brain cancer. Dr Forage was my surgeon he took out a golf ball size tumor from my cerebellum. I had no complications he was very informative and kind. Not knowing what was going to happen when I went into the ER at St Rose Domminican Hospital I was scared and didn't really understand what was going on. Dr Forage explained everything to me and he made me feel more at ease. I feel so blessed I was given such a well educated brain surgeon. Here I am 9 years later cancer free and very blessed. Thank you Dr. Forage

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Never got to see Dr. Forage, after a two hour wait & there were still people ahead of me, which means it would have been another two hours before I was even call to go back & wait some more before the dr. came in to see me. All I can say is that they apparently don't have the patients interest and health very high on their things to do list. They want me to reschedule , SURE I'll call you. When your are having severe back pain you can't & don't want to just hang out in a doctors office. It physically isn't what your body can do. They didn't have my MRI cd or report, I'm supposed to go get it for them.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

The only thing that I have a problem with is the wait.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Everyone of these bad reviews thinks the world owes them something. This is NEUROSURGERY, NOT OIL CHANGING! If these dullards realized the insane complexities of brain surgery and accepted the fact about 1 in 500000000 people have the brains and dedication to do this job then maybe they could appreciate the man has 10000000 patients. Your primary care is like a McDonalds worker compared to a neurosurgeon. And yes, their office staff messed up a few times; sent me to office when doctor wasn't there, sent me for prescription work without a time frame mentioned, etc. Ya, it's a pain but his scheduler Christina was ALWAYS responsive and caring. Nobody is perfect! And for the record, I found Dr. Forage to be friendly and intelligent. He removed a walnut sized tumor from my skull and I was up and about 3 days later. How is that not a sign of a brilliant and talented surgeon? What do these people want? Him to cry and hold you by the hand and spend every waking minute analyzing your chart? Unreal!

Submitted March 8, 2016

Waited over an hour. He didn't review 2 MRIs , nerve study or reports. Arrogant. Rude, Spent 5 minutes with me. For a physician to wilfully NOT review MRI films is outrageous. All of the NEGATIVE reviews he has already received are on point.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Dr. James S. Forage's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)